✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

31-Aug-2009: Stadio Friuli-Udine, Italy - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

uuu*-* I'm going to see them (again:P) in Udine :D:D:D

I can't wait :dance:

:heart:

Squeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D :D :D I will be my first COLDPLAY show!!!! I cant wait...

the concert starts at 21.00 and the gate at 16.00

Gate open at 16.00! I'm leaving for Udine at 13.00. Hope 3 hours are enough to get there!!! I want to be as closes as I could.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gate open at 16.00! I'm leaving for Udine at 13.00. Hope 3 hours are enough to get there!!! I want to be as closes as I could.

It will be mine as well! And my first time in Europe!!! So if I have a seat (not standing), and I have a hotel in Udine, when should I leave the hotel? I wouldn't need to be there terribly far in advance, would I? And will it be possible to just call a cab after the show? Thanks!

EDIT: Will they have a warmup band/support :D?

EDIT II: I'm gonna say this answers my second question: http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=427&page=0 :).

Yes that answers your question. White lies are great, and I never heard that other band.

I don't know about the cab. I'm not from Italy and I have all organized. Bus will drive us to the venue and take us back home.

Since you have tickets for seating you dont have to come that soon. Usually supporting bands start at 19.00. You should see how long does it take you to get from hotel to stadium but Udine is not a big city so it cant be more than 30minutes. :D

Hi!I'm from Italy and I can confirm that here the gigs use to start at 9pm.

Udine is a little city so if your hotel is in the center of it, you'll need about 20/30 minutes to reach the stadium by bus.

Moreover the city of Udine is organising a bus service from the venue of the concert to the train station, where you'll be able to take a taxi to go back in hotel. If you want a cab you just have to ask for the specific telephone number to reserve it! Try to ask to the staff of the hotel!

sorry for my english! hope you'll enjoy your italian holiday! :)

Hi!I'm from Italy and I can confirm that here the gigs use to start at 9pm.

Udine is a little city so if your hotel is in the center of it, you'll need about 20/30 minutes to reach the stadium by bus.

Moreover the city of Udine is organising a bus service from the venue of the concert to the train station, where you'll be able to take a taxi to go back in hotel. If you want a cab you just have to ask for the specific telephone number to reserve it! Try to ask to the staff of the hotel!

sorry for my english! hope you'll enjoy your italian holiday! :)

Perfect English too my friend! That's wonderful actually :D. Will we just be able to board the bus that night and pay the fare?

hello all... if anyone is interested: coldplayzone's site is organizing a coreography for Udine's gig. When Coldplay will play Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill (quite surely the first 2 songs) the audience is invited to shake some balloons.

So if anyone wants to contibute to the coreography can reach udine with about 30-40 ballons to spread among the audience.

facebook's page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=82131967882&ref=mf

(in the next weeks we can translate the page)

thanks a lot. We hope UDINE IN TECHNICOLOR!

Okay my friends! I think this is wonderful and I'm glad to have helped in doing a translation :D! This is my first copy, and I'm going to change a few lines as I go back and read it again, there were one or two lines that were kinda difficult, but here we go:

Remember the colored balloons during the 2008 concerts in Bologna and Milano? Well this time let's make it happen again! After this wonderful success (mentioned on the official website coldplay.com that contributes to Italian MTV), it is now our desire to transform not only a small concert hall, but an entire stadium into a multicolored rainbow. A trademark, Coldplayzone's colored balloons, will have to have the support of everyone who will go to the Coldplay concert in Udine this August 31st.

Do you feel ready to attempt to win a Guinness World Record and transform an event like this concert into something one-of-a-kind for not only you, but for Coldplay as well?

Well here's how we're going to do it:

1) Tell all of your friends, relatives, and peers of this initiative so we can have the most number of participants.

2) Some day before the concert, buy a pair of bags of colored balloons of any color (we'll do 40 balloons, 2 bags of 20), if you still want more, sew them into the pockets of the pants you will wear the day of the concert (it's very important to not forget them at home!)

3) The evening of the concert, after the opening bands (White Lies and I Ministri), take the deflated balloons out of your pockets and hand them out to the people around you, asking nicely to inflate them and release them into the crowd at the beginning of the concert (during Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill, the songs that will presumably open the concert).

4) Shake the balloons, throw them, do a little more than that if you'd like, the important thing is to pop it at the end of the song so that they will be gone for the in time for the third piece (it is fundamental not to disturb the visuals for the fans who are in front of you): obviously at the moment of the handing out of the balloons, this will be explained to the others, if you have a marker feel free to write on them.

5) At this point, enjoy the concert!

The initiative has to be extended to all who will participate in the concert, regardless of whether they are on the terraces, the platform, or on the floor.

We invite you to join us at the FaceBook page of the event and to send an invite to everyone in Udine who will participate during this unique evening. The choreographing of the balloons is only a suggestion, obviously no one has to feel obligated to do it.

Let's go! BRING BALLOONS! We will not want to be inferior to our cousins in the Alps, right? If this succeeds, Coldplay may just return to our country, and often too (who knows, maybe with a show a little more centrally located).

That's from the FaceBook page. Enjoy!!!

this will be explained to the others

Hope people around me will understand English. :D They should, they are at Coldplay show, so they should know English. :D Right?

Cause from my experience with Italians, during the summer (August mostly) most of them do not speak a word of English. :D

Let's write up an instruction sheet in all of the different languages that people might speak there, that way we don't have to try to talk over White Lies or I Ministri, and it helps us with the language barrier :D

:lol::nice:

cant wait too:dance:

will you be in the pit?

:lol::nice:

cant wait too:dance:

will you be in the pit?

Yeah I will... You two?

The problem is that I really want to be front row and it probably wont happen cause pit is sold out and people will be in line at 8am and I get to Udine around 3pm. :( Stupid bus.

Ooh f*ck!!!!!

My bus leaves at 1pm and Ill be in Udine around 3.30pm. And it would be PROBLEM to be anywhere in front? Does anyone know anything about the fact when will people start getting in the line? I really really want to be somewhere in front. I dont need to be front row but close to the stage. :veryangry: :veryangry::veryangry::veryangry: :veryangry: stupid agency...

Ooh f*ck!!!!!

My bus leaves at 1pm and Ill be in Udine around 3.30pm. And it would be PROBLEM to be anywhere in front? Does anyone know anything about the fact when will people start getting in the line? I really really want to be somewhere in front. I dont need to be front row but close to the stage. :veryangry: :veryangry::veryangry::veryangry: :veryangry: stupid agency...

i dont know when people will start waiting out the stadium for the pit and i cant say to you how big this stadium (and the pit) is cause im going there for the first time, but i think that if you will arrive about 3.30 pm you'll get a good position;)