• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

:( no shelter from the storm.

myself

hope things are better for you today!

something i'm sad about today, is "the heat" or envy or greed or whatever it is... i like coldplay, and it seems like a number of artists that i grew up admiring aren't being very kind about them, or that there are misunderstandings, or even bouts of outright nastiness. u2 for example --i know everyone said it was a joke, but i can't help feeling confused now everytime i want to listen to their music. i mean, even if it was a joke, it wasn't very nice thing to say... i know, i'm being over sensitive. but i loved u2! and now i think i love them a little less; and i don't want it to be that way but it is (that way) and that makes me sad. similar story with cat stevens. i'm not sure i can listen to his music now, and not wonder whether or not he was ever really the pleasant person i thought him to be. i always try to separate the expression from the persona, but it ain't easy! so, yeah, too many words, but that's all something i'm sad about today --sad that because of all this greed/envy/weirdness that's happened (is happening), i can't take complete comfort in some of the music that has sheltered me in the past. :cry: