✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Show Off "Your" Coldplay!

Makayla

Hm... maybe it's the heat from the lamp. Might want to make sure it's not too hot or you might have flaming butterflies!

No. its definitely not the heat. haha.

Even when the lamp is off.

They are fluttering around right now and the lamps are off..

That would suck though if they were to catch on fire.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so for a school project, I decided that I wanted to "paint songs". I always associate songs with colors, and VLVOD has always seemed so colorful to me. Especially because the videos, concerts, their outfits, everything to do with this album has been so full of color! So I decided to paint the album, even though I've never painted before in my life! (Seriously, my friend had to go with me to the art store because I had NO idea what to buy :P) I also ended up doing two smaller paintings with one song each... And here are the results:

The big one is all of VLVOD, and the 2 smaller ones are one song each- Everything's Not Lost and The Scientist:

3356452461_a57354f30b.jpg?v=0

3356421223_8bfcc53a70.jpg?v=0

Everything's Not Lost (on the left), and The Scientist (on the right)

3356420729_e52cd6ce97.jpg?v=0

My camera isn't picking up the colors too well, but you guys get the idea ;) Each part is a different song, and here's a key if anyone wants to know which one is which. And if you were wondering, the painting is the same size as an LP because I wanted to connect it to music in that way as well :)

(You don't need to tell me that I don't know how to paint, cause I definitely know that already :lol: When my friend asked me what kind of acrylic paint I wanted, I was like "there's more than one kind?!" :P)

Zoe!

those paintings are awesome.

I think i already told you that.

But great freakin job.

I should show you guys some of my paintings.

I haven't done any coldplay ones yet though.

But i definitely will.

I should have taken a picture of the other wall in my room across from my lamps and butterflies.

It has a lot of my art on it.

But awesome job Zoe!!!

I really love them.

I would totally hang those in my room for sure!

:D

Wow it looks so cool!

I'm not such a creative person and I don't associate songs with colors, but I can see why you used those colors for those songs.

Dark colors for dark songs

(Hah I noticed something with Strawberry Swing; The sky could be blue! No idea that this is the reason why you painted that piece blue, but I thought it's nice :p)

And Makayla, those butterflies are awesome! I still got a lot of butterflies left and I really like your idea. Do you mind if I'm gonna steal your idea?:nice:

And Makayla, those butterflies are awesome! I still got a lot of butterflies left and I really like your idea. Do you mind if I'm gonna steal your idea?:nice:

I don't mind at all!

I already know a lot of people who have stole my blinds too!

I love it when people take my coldplay ideas!

The more coldplay to share the better!

I don't mind at all!

I already know a lot of people who have stole my blinds too!

I love it when people take my coldplay ideas!

The more coldplay to share the better!

How did you do that? Did you just made holes in the butterflies en put a string through it?

Great job everybody!! I really like all of your ideas!! My compliments to Marisa expecally you're so creative!!:)

edit: @ Marisa: how did you do the white butterflies?

did you mean to say Makayla??

I just used the original confetti butterflies as a template and traced around them to make the white ones.

:)

@ LoversInJapan, I just took a needle, and poked it through the butterflies.

Then i took some clear fishing line and just strung it through.

I tied a small knot at the bottom so the butterflies wouldn't slide off the string.

Okay, so for a school project, I decided that I wanted to "paint songs". I always associate songs with colors, and VLVOD has always seemed so colorful to me. Especially because the videos, concerts, their outfits, everything to do with this album has been so full of color! So I decided to paint the album, even though I've never painted before in my life! (Seriously, my friend had to go with me to the art store because I had NO idea what to buy :P) I also ended up doing two smaller paintings with one song each... And here are the results:

The big one is all of VLVOD, and the 2 smaller ones are one song each- Everything's Not Lost and The Scientist:

3356452461_a57354f30b.jpg?v=0

3356421223_8bfcc53a70.jpg?v=0

Everything's Not Lost (on the left), and The Scientist (on the right)

3356420729_e52cd6ce97.jpg?v=0

My camera isn't picking up the colors too well, but you guys get the idea ;) Each part is a different song, and here's a key if anyone wants to know which one is which. And if you were wondering, the painting is the same size as an LP because I wanted to connect it to music in that way as well :)

(You don't need to tell me that I don't know how to paint, cause I definitely know that already :lol: When my friend asked me what kind of acrylic paint I wanted, I was like "there's more than one kind?!" :P)

Wow! Impressive :D

Hooray! I'm just finished with doing Makayla's idea with the butterflies:D

Thanks again for that awesome idea Makayla!:nice:

The butterflies are above my head and they also move.. I think they move because air travels to somewhere, or something..

Never been really good in that sort of stuff :p

Here are some photo's:

foto0580.jpg

foto0585h.jpg

Here's a photo with what I made a month ago.

foto0583.jpg

And here's a little overview taken from my bed

foto0586.jpg

Multi-quote! :dance:

Zoe!

those paintings are awesome.

I think i already told you that.

But great freakin job.

I should show you guys some of my paintings.

I haven't done any coldplay ones yet though.

But i definitely will.

I should have taken a picture of the other wall in my room across from my lamps and butterflies.

It has a lot of my art on it.

But awesome job Zoe!!!

I really love them.

I would totally hang those in my room for sure!

:kiss: Your posts are the best, Makayla.

Really, they are.

They're very fun to read.

:P

And thanks for the encouragement :nice: I want to see some of your paintings!

Wow it looks so cool!

I'm not such a creative person and I don't associate songs with colors, but I can see why you used those colors for those songs.

Dark colors for dark songs

(Hah I noticed something with Strawberry Swing; The sky could be blue! No idea that this is the reason why you painted that piece blue, but I thought it's nice :p)

Thanks! Strawberry Swing is actually a mix of that blue and a pastel-ish purple, but you can't see the purple thanks to my crappy camera :dozey: But yeah, I think I just thought of blue because that song is so airy and happy, I don't know *shrug*

Wow! Impressive :D

Thanks, I turned it in today so let's hope my English teacher feels the same way :P

i'm going to start completely redoing my room this weekend!!

my landlord hates me. :laugh4:!!!

on one wall is going to be this:

viva_coldplay.jpg

(without the writing of course!)

then the wall to the right is going to be red, the wall to the left is going to be gray.

and i don't know if anyone's done this yet but i had this really fun idea to stencil my butterflies and make a TON of white butterflies like the lovers in japan video, and then hang them all around my room!!

it's going to be awesome. i can't wait to start!!!

Wow all of you guys are so creative! I just have two posters, a calander, and two shirts. Oh and a button thing. But I write their lyrics on pictures of them and hang those up around me room! Although, when I go to their show I plan on getting lots of butterfly's and I think I will make a nice little project out of them. You guys all give me a lot of ideas! :)

I hope the butterfly's don't easily rip? What are they actually made of, like thick paper???

And, for the t-shirts, do you guys use like fabric paint!?

my landlord hates me. :laugh4:!!!

viva_coldplay.jpg

then the wall to the right is going to be red, the wall to the left is going to be gray.

and i don't know if anyone's done this yet but i had this really fun idea to stencil my butterflies and make a TON of white butterflies like the lovers in japan video, and then hang them all around my room!!

THAT'S ON MY CLOSET!!:D:D:D

your apartment's gonna turn out so awesome!!:dance:

I made white lovers in japan butterflies!

They are scattered in random places around my room though.

There is a picture in my post i think a page back or so.

I was going to hang them too, but i decided since i had the colored ones hanging, i would just put the white ones in little places around my room. I love them though!

Wow, these ideas are freakin' amazinggg!

Makayla, your jaket, the blinds and the butterflys are ...wow.

I'm so stealing your ideas : )

Do you know if I can find those butterflys anywhere other than Coldplay concerts?

I've never been to their concert and I don't think they're coming to Oklahoma any time soon...

So I waltz into this thread every week or so, and every time, I'm no less amazed at this forum's creativity! (as well as potential lack of life)

I love what everybody's done with their butterflies, and I really dig those custom album paintings. :)

I don't have pics (they aren't that stellar, anyways), but I burned two Coldplay mixes for a friend the other day, and totally went berzerk with randomly drawing on the CDs. Along with fancy letter art, I wrote random lyrics on the outside and drew certain song "themes" all over, such as a clock, the Parachutes globe, birds, green eyes (using a green Sharpie), a strawberry, and a mirror, sword, & shield.

viva_coldplay.jpg

i can't wait to start!!!

Haha! I've got a similar project I want to start like that too! Just want to paint it on a wall, and make it look like that without the writing as you said. I've begun by purchasing 8 posters... Plus my big Coldplay Aus Tour Poster, and when I get time.

Second stage: Start getting the Single Album Artwork and enlarging them so they cover a wall :) :).

Can't wait! New house, thus room needs to be covered in stuff. Yeeeeha! :D :D :D

Haha! I've got a similar project I want to start like that too! Just want to paint it on a wall, and make it look like that without the writing as you said. I've begun by purchasing 8 posters... Plus my big Coldplay Aus Tour Poster, and when I get time.

Second stage: Start getting the Single Album Artwork and enlarging them so they cover a wall :) :).

Can't wait! New house, thus room needs to be covered in stuff. Yeeeeha! :D :D :D

post a picture when you are ready. like to see it.:rolleyes:

hah, sweet! i'd love to see it when it's done.

i'll probably be starting mine soon. :dance:!

I made some magnets this morning!

I printed up 2 sheets of covers from the discography, laminated them, and attached them to magnetic sheets using mounting adhesive. Then I got a good pair of scissors, and very carefully cut them apart.

3395971750_cac7fb8c93_o.jpg

3395971554_87a822eacd_o.jpg

The images on the discography are 600x600 at 72ppi, so when printed they are a very nice 2" by 2". :)

3395971306_90d3fc75f8_o.jpg