✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any musicians here? Question for you.

amsterdam

I feel it inside me to really learn a instrument and write music. I play around and write "lyrics" but I don't have the musical talent to put it to music. Two years ago my parents got me a guitar for Christmas and I played around with it, but didn't get serious about it. Actually holding down the strings hurt my hands (I have really skinny hands). So, I got discouraged. But I have this bug in me to be creative in this way. My brother (who can pick up anything and learn it... I've nicknamed him Radiohead), says it's best to start with a keyboard. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I want to learn, but I want it to be easy to learn.

Thanks~

8)

Jen

I play piano but am not very good because i'm far too lazy. And i also randomly play the trumpet. Honestly, its the most useless instrument ever!!! :D Keyboards not hard to learn, and i would like to be able to play really well. Sorry useless useless post. Merry Christmas. :D

i play guitar, and honestly its an swesome instrument. i wish i could play better then what i do. but dont give up on it just cause it hurts your fingers...like ian said that passes when you get calluses, and then theres that cramp feeling you get in your hand when you first start a new difficult chord, ignore that too...its just your muscles doing something they're never done before. they get use to it too. trust me get lessons, practise hard and you'll thank yourself later.

yeah my brother tried teaching me the guitar and at first it hurts ur fingers but then ya get used t0o it, it was the not being allowed have long nails part that annoyed me but in the end when i learnt a bit it was worth it!! :D keyboard is also fun but drums are definately the best!!! :) god with all these musicians we should start the coldplaying forum band!! ;) :lol:

Yeah, I play the guitar too - used to teach it too - and I promise you it's like the others say, you soon get used to the new things you're asking your fingers and hands to do. Then it doesn't hurt anymore IF you keep up the practice! Little and often is my motto - better to do 10 minutes every day than an hour or two once a week. I started on the piano and had lessons at school, but although I still enjoy it, I'm not able to express myself on the piano in the same way as the guitar. If you really feel that need to learn an instrument, but don't know what, then try a few - in the end, you'll find the one that is really for YOU. Don't get put off by trying and not getting on with it - it's not a failure to try different things. Good luck, don't spend too much money, and HAPPY CHRISTMAS! :-)

ive played the piano for four years but now ive given up taking lessons and i just mess around and make up my own thing, its more fun, i play a bit of mandolin too. I'd recoment learning the keyboard first, i find it easier and its quite a good base for learning other instruments :D merry christmas to everyone by the way :-)

Hi there!

I think it would be a good idea to learn the piano, I played it for around 5-6 years, and you really come to appreciate the music, if you really get into it, then your creativity will shine, guitar is great too, but you gotta go with what you want to do and persist, I did guitar for a few months and still mess around at times, yeah sure, the strings will hurts your fingers to begin with, but when you keep playing, your tips will toughen up and get well 'ard :) and use a nylon string guitar if you dont wanna be cutting up your fingers!! good luck

jpxdude :D

Learn both... why not advance your musical vocabulary to both instruments? Then you will be able to read guitar tab, and play it on piano, or read sheet music, and play it on guitar. Just my $0.02, but you will have so many more options if you learn both. Oh and if you learn on an electric guitar first, then your fingers wont hurt as much and u can gradually begin to play acoustic too ;)

You are all too sweet talking German in here... :D And I agree, it is a difficult but beautiful language, though I do prefer English (surprise!). ;)

And bodman, Dein Kaktus ist wirklich süss!!! Hast Du das verstanden? If not, I'll translate it for you... 8)