✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Mar-09: Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Phot

well, the guys are all about my age...only 2-3yrs older. so i don't think i can really say i grew up listening to them. i dunno...just seems weird to me if i were to declare that.

tho for some reason i all along kept thinking that the guys are much older. & it turns out they're like same generation as me! i think it had something to do with reading an interview where Chris Martin says he grew up listening to Oasis! after the "me too!" reaction, it then hit me...by now, 2009, Oasis has been around for ages! i.e. i'm getting old... :thinking:

Hahaha.. Same with me, kimgan! I grew up listening to Blur, Radiohead, and Oasis. I was already a grown up when I listened to Coldplay. :nice:

Yeah, I feel old too. :D At some times, I thought to myself that I'm too old for all this. I mean lots, or probably most, of the people here are still talking about school/uni, homeworks, and exams. While I haven't been around those things for years. :laugh3: But this is my life. I wanna have fun, and this is fun and keeps me feel young like a teenager. :smug:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha.. Same with me, kimgan! I grew up listening to Blur, Radiohead, and Oasis. I was already a grown up when I listened to Coldplay. :nice:

Yeah, I feel old too. :D At some times, I thought to myself that I'm too old for all this. I mean lots, or probably most, of the people here are still talking about school/uni, homeworks, and exams. While I haven't been around those things for years. :laugh3: But this is my life. I wanna have fun, and this is fun and keeps me feel young like a teenager. :smug:

haha...yeah. sometimes i think i'm still stuck in teenager mode & don't wanna grow up (mentally) just quite yet. :lol:

it's nice to hear everyone's story!

and you too min, thanks for sharing. when i read the first part, i was like "heeeyyy thats soo cool", that's exactly the reason i won't buy music online, going to the record store is so much fun :) I can't listen to the Scientist as it is.. without being mentally prepared i'm just going to burst.

well, the guys are all about my age...only 2-3yrs older. so i don't think i can really say i grew up listening to them. i dunno...just seems weird to me if i were to declare that.

tho for some reason i all along kept thinking that the guys are much older. & it turns out they're like same generation as me! i think it had something to do with reading an interview where Chris Martin says he grew up listening to Oasis! after the "me too!" reaction, it then hit me...by now, 2009, Oasis has been around for ages! i.e. i'm getting old... :thinking:

any of you guys going to oasis then? :D

Oh...Min... I just read your story. It was so sad. I'm very sorry. :cry: He must be meant a lot for you.

I hope being here sharing your passion on Coldplay with us would cheer you up. :hug:

^ yeah.. I second what Juls said! :hug:

ooh...that's hardly a squeamish story, Min! quite a tearjerker! but it's great that Coldplay's music helps get you through thick & thin, as you've put it. :)

and you too min, thanks for sharing. when i read the first part, i was like "heeeyyy thats soo cool", that's exactly the reason i won't buy music online, going to the record store is so much fun :) I can't listen to the Scientist as it is.. without being mentally prepared i'm just going to burst.

Thanks guys :hug::hug::hug:

any of you guys going to oasis then? :D

I might :thinking: The thing is, I was supposed to fly to Australia over the weekend to attend V Fest and watch the Killers, Elbow et al. But now I don't think I can go anymore :bigcry: The next best thing would be watching Oasis :P

haha...yeah. sometimes i think i'm still stuck in teenager mode & don't wanna grow up (mentally) just quite yet. :lol:

My parents definitely think I'm still 3 years old :rolleyes:

i wanted to go for Oasis and/or Kaiser Chiefs too. but i'm kinda tapped out for the month. so i need to sit those out for now. i'll have more chances in the future once i'm in the UK...hopefully. if i don't get swamped in assignments. *shiver*

& we can be 30, but our parents will STILL think you're only 3 & need babying around still. esp if you're a girl. which annoys the crap out of me. :thinking:

I know what you mean :dozey: Mine don't really annoy me, they just like to criticise me a lot... For big things like my job as well as small things like my weight and other shite :thinking:

haha just earlier tonight i felt like such a disappointment cos i didn't do the jc uni path but instead went to poly to do what i want. still feel as if the parents hold a grudge or something. bah. and its been so many years -_-

but anyway so many posts! rachel yamagata somewhat of a jazzy bluesy singer from chicago. i realise i listen to very different things from everyone here! like psapp, deathcab for cutie, kasabian, radio dept, album leaf... however the bands i would really love to come are keane and u2.

min! hugssssss. its very touching and i totally understand. maybe he's watching over you, that's why you're having a lot of luck with coldplay (:

skivinggg. have been akf at work these 2 days that's why no chance to skive even! alamak.

I was working :bigcry:

My friend did though and he said it was awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesooooooooome :D

it wassssssssss mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i tell you. i think i had my most crazed fangirl moment there and then. managed to get first row center tix. so there was a moment i screamed so loudly ben gibbard walked up and reached out and I TOUCHED HIM. sweat and all. lol. and of course i caught his pick. it was a vicious scuffle but I GOT IT! MUAHAHAH.

okay fangirl moment.

however i must say that they're not even half as friendly as coldplay. they're damn dao and they seem like they can't wait to finish signing the autographs. didn't really say hi or anything either.

it wassssssssss mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i tell you. i think i had my most crazed fangirl moment there and then. managed to get first row center tix. so there was a moment i screamed so loudly ben gibbard walked up and reached out and I TOUCHED HIM. sweat and all. lol. and of course i caught his pick. it was a vicious scuffle but I GOT IT! MUAHAHAH.

okay fangirl moment.

however i must say that they're not even half as friendly as coldplay. they're damn dao and they seem like they can't wait to finish signing the autographs. didn't really say hi or anything either.

:lol: Sounds wild :P

Glad you got his pick :D

Maybe they were just tired and wanted to go back to rest :thinking: Or maybe Coldplay is indeed a friendlier, more personable band :smug:

Maybe they were just tired and wanted to go back to rest :thinking: Or maybe Coldplay is indeed a friendlier, more personable band :smug:

by faaaaaaaar, coldplay is much more friendlier and likeable in interviews and with fans and whatnots, dont you guys think so? that's why i love them so much (haha cheesy)

haha i must say they sound exactly like their cds.

hrms, its possible. but i highly doubt it. cos they were like. really. dao. whereas coldplay makes an effort to interact. i still love them for their music nonetheless (:

ooooh i'd love to go keane! they've never been here right?

I don't think they have, no :sad:

They are going to Australia for a small tour this month though.

by faaaaaaaar, coldplay is much more friendlier and likeable in interviews and with fans and whatnots, dont you guys think so? that's why i love them so much (haha cheesy)

They are indeed quite friendly, which is amazing considering how massive the band is.

haha i must say they sound exactly like their cds.

hrms, its possible. but i highly doubt it. cos they were like. really. dao. whereas coldplay makes an effort to interact. i still love them for their music nonetheless (:

They sound exactly like their CDs?

I hope they weren't lip-syncing.

I joke, I joke :embarassed:

I don't think they have, no :sad:

They are going to Australia for a small tour this month though.

They are indeed quite friendly, which is amazing considering how massive the band is.

They sound exactly like their CDs?

I hope they weren't lip-syncing.

I joke, I joke :embarassed:

REALLY?! Aye but I've got no cash now can't go also. I hope they stop by though. I'll definitely be going if they do. Haha.

Yah! Exactly. That's why I say Coldplay's soooooooo much friendlier and less dao in general.

Noope not lip syncing. Ben has this amazing voice. You have to hear it to believe it cos its crystal clear and pitch perfect. Its surreal.

REALLY?! Aye but I've got no cash now can't go also. I hope they stop by though. I'll definitely be going if they do. Haha.

Yah! Exactly. That's why I say Coldplay's soooooooo much friendlier and less dao in general.

Noope not lip syncing. Ben has this amazing voice. You have to hear it to believe it cos its crystal clear and pitch perfect. Its surreal.

I wish I could watch all my favourite bands, too bad most of them tend to skip Asia altogether (or maybe just perform in Japan :thinking:).

I know, Ben sings really well. I'm kinda jealous of his voice :lol: I suck @ singing myself.

The Straits Times Friday, April 3 2009

Liam Vs Noel Interview

"...He still has mean words for other British bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, who are playing here at Fort Canning Park just two days after Oasis' show. In an interview on BBC Radio last year, he dismissed the band: "I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant'."

But he has high praise for fellow Brit rocker who sold out the Indoor Stadium two weeks ago - Coldplay. "I like Coldplay. (Frontman) Chris Martin is a close, personal friend of mine, a lovely guy. They're all nice lads."

:smug:

The Straits Times Friday, April 3 2009

Liam Vs Noel Interview

"...He still has mean words for other British bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, who are playing here at Fort Canning Park just two days after Oasis' show. In an interview on BBC Radio last year, he dismissed the band: "I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant'."

But he has high praise for fellow Brit rocker who sold out the Indoor Stadium two weeks ago - Coldplay. "I like Coldplay. (Frontman) Chris Martin is a close, personal friend of mine, a lovely guy. They're all nice lads."

:smug:

I actually like Noel quite a bit :D

Liam not so much :P