✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-Mar-09: Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Phot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember I said the ST review was too boring and we could all write a better one ourselves? Check out today's LIFE! letter section. :)

What's in it? I don't buy/read the papers so I get my Coldplay news feed here.

//off topic a bit, okay what's "dao"? maybe i know if i can hear how it is pronounced lol

Oh its local slang, pronounced da-ow. Yea something like that. It means arrogant and hostile sort of.

Remember I said the ST review was too boring and we could all write a better one ourselves? Check out today's LIFE! letter section. :)

:laugh3: i guess the writer wasn't as excited about the concert as we do here!

i love it here! :dance: most of the other threads people post are like concerts which haven't happened yet unlike here...

i can still talk about the concert and get really excited lol.

:lol:

The memories of that concert :D I can recount everything over and over again, I think my friends are bored :laugh3:

same!! i'm a bit paisey now everytime i accidentally mention coldplay to my friends lol. :shy:

i just had all my butterfiles and tickets frame!!! ahh i still cant get over the gig

post picture!

everyone ok? :cool:

The Straits Times Friday, April 3 2009

Liam Vs Noel Interview

"...He still has mean words for other British bands such as Kaiser Cheifs, who are playing here at Fort Canning Park just two days after Oasis' show. In an interview on BBC Radio last year, he dismissed the band: "I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant'."

But he has high praise for fellow Brit rocker who sold out the Indoor Stadium two weeks ago - Coldplay. "I like Coldplay. (Frontman) Chris Martin is a close, personal friend of mine, a lovely guy. They're all nice lads."

:smug:

i've always felt that Noel's the more wiser & level headed of the 2 brothers. heh

but i think it's got to do with ego level also. the Coldplay guys are always putting themselves down, which i find is quite an endearing trait. the Kaiser Chiefs are kinda brash in interviews with Ricky saying they're bigger than Oasis which i'm sure Liam & Noel take as fighting words.

but Ricky's another hyper frontman. all that jumping & climbing around the stage & crowd surfing. bet the S'pore gig'll be a blast!

:lol:

The memories of that concert :D I can recount everything over and over again, I think my friends are bored :laugh3:

1 of my colleagues noticed my desktop's wallpaper the other day & was like "wah! where is that?" & i told her it's from the Coldplay concert i went to. & she responsed "oh...i thought it was my concert." then she walks off all proud of herself.....................

my reaction = lll._..png

(while muttering quietly to myself "don't know who Coldplay are then just own up lah...bloody hell")

i've always felt that Noel's the more wiser & level headed of the 2 brothers. heh[/color][/b]

but i think it's got to do with ego level also. the Coldplay guys are always putting themselves down, which i find is quite an endearing trait. the Kaiser Chiefs are kinda brash in interviews with Ricky saying they're bigger than Oasis which i'm sure Liam & Noel take as fighting words.

but Ricky's another hyper frontman. all that jumping & climbing around the stage & crowd surfing. bet the S'pore gig'll be a blast!

Me too. Both brothers have a tendency to shoot their mouths off but Noel seems a little more mature.

I'm still deciding whether to watch Oasis later in the evening though :\

1 of my colleagues noticed my desktop's wallpaper the other day & was like "wah! where is that?" & i told her it's from the Coldplay concert i went to. & she responsed "oh...i thought it was my concert." then she walks off all proud of herself.....................

my reaction = lll._..png

(while muttering quietly to myself "don't know who Coldplay are then just own up lah...bloody hell")

:rolleyes:

What does she mean HER concert :lol:

:rolleyes:

What does she mean HER concert :lol:

she's got a really weird sense of humour that centres around her... :rolleyes:

Pai : nah, i wanted to & almost bought tix for it. but in the end i decided to sit it out. it's all standing & i can't take a day off work on that day to go queue for a good spot anyway. but mainly cos i'm broke til my next paycheck comes. :p

she's got a really weird sense of humour that centres around her... :rolleyes:

Pai : nah, i wanted to & almost bought tix for it. but in the end i decided to sit it out. it's all standing & i can't take a day off work on that day to go queue for a good spot anyway. but mainly cos i'm broke til my next paycheck comes. :p

:lol: She sounds like a nutter :P

Pai : nah' date=' i wanted to & almost bought tix for it. but in the end i decided to sit it out. it's all standing & i can't take a day off work on that day to go queue for a good spot anyway. but mainly cos i'm broke til my next paycheck comes. :p[/quote']

Poor you. :P Where did you sit at Coldplay gig btw? Premiere one?

You have to gain 4 people with you... Again. :P

Haha Ruds! I most definitely will be making my own passport soon. :D Saves me from all the hassle... :nice: Planning to go places after I finish my exams!

Oh my friends won't put up with my gushing about the Coldplay concert anymore.. Lol. They said they'll only put up with it for a week and it's already nearly two weeks so whenever I talk about they'll roll their eyes. :laugh3: But still. I've managed to convert 2 people into becoming Coldplay likers since the concert! :laugh3:

The day after the concert, I had rehearsals for a play held in an auditorium at uni, and a friend of mine put on the whole Viva La Vida album for me... and man... I got all emotional because the sound system in that audi was awesome and it almost felt like I was at the concert again! :laugh3: