✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Apparatjik

squareonefivesix

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparatjik's new installation

I got an email from the Eyeon Committee yesterday...

apparatjik47.jpg

Pleased to announcing Apparatjik performing ‘apparatjik light space modulator’

at the neue nationalgalerie in berlin, on the 12th, 26th and 27th of march

with special apparatjik installation inbetweens.

Strictly limited capacity, but the committee has secured tickets for our loyal comrades [Eyeon Committee subscribers]

to be dispersed according to outland regulative Z:2458.05AP-LSM

for the nimble of finger, quick of step.

please to not call museum people about tickets.

they do not have.

apparatjik at neue nationalgalerier in berlin

shurely shome mischtake…?

njet, nix, nein, no.

ticketings start feb 1st at 10am london time

:shrug: confusing, but according to a-ha.com...

Apparatjik has been invited by the Nationalgalerie Berlin to present the collective’s first largescale project in Germany in March 2011.

Apparatjik is a transdisciplinary working collective founded in 2008 by four world-renowned musicians: Guy Berryman (London), Jonas Bjerre (Copenhagen), Magne Furuholmen (Oslo), and Martin Terefe (London). Apparatjik functions as an experimental platform and collaborates with a pool of artists, media technicians, and designers, as well as scientists such as M.I.T. Astrophysics Professor Max Tegmark and curator Ute Meta Bauer, Head of the M.I.T. Program in Art, Culture and Technology.

The Apparatjik Light Space Modulator is presented as a twofold project: during two weeks the installation can be accessed in the glass hall of the Neue Nationalgalerie and three unique concerts that will be performed at the same location. Those performances are inspired by the visual experiments of László Moholy-Nagy. Moholy-Nagy taught at the German Bauhaus, as did Mies van der Rohe who was the architect of the Neue Nationalgalerie Berlin. At the center of both the Apparatjik installation and concerts are moving images that project from a large scale cube into the open glass structure of the building into the city space — a reference to the kinetic Licht-Raum-Modulator created in 1930 by Bauhaus artist Moholy-Nagy.

Apparatjikʼs project will conclude on March 27 with a special interactive composition performed in collaboration with the Deutsches Kammerorchester. This concert is dedicated to Mies van der Rohe on the occasion of the 125th anniversary of his birth.

The Apparatjik Light Space Modulator incorporates low-res retro-futuristic visuals, gonzo-pop, randomness and pseudo-science, dadaesque humor, and fashion, in a celebration of convergence culture. Apparatjik’s blend of popular culture and playful references to art history places them in a space somewhere between art and popular culture. Last but not least, this project by Apparatjik is to be understood as homage to the legendary Meta-Musik-Festival that took place during the seventies at the Neue Nationalgalerie Berlin.

The Apparatjik Light Space Modulator will be accompanied by a publication in collaboration with NODE Berlin Oslo to be published in late 2011 including a comprehensive documentation of this project.

Tickets for the three performances (12, 26 and 27 March) are available at 10:00 GMT on 1 February at apparatjik.com.

Haven't been here in ages :shocked2: Sorry about that!

I can understand people being disappointed that the guys are not playing closer to them, but the fact is that this is an amazing oppportunity for them. When I read that press release I was so happy for them - how many bands do you think could play within this context and do it any kind of justice?

The venue and occasion is absolutely perfect. And for sure there could be other opportunities that make sense for them in other places, but they don't seem to want to take that cube everywhere and just play to play. The context is extremely important to them IMO. Maybe the right context would come up again, say at MIT or somewhere in New York or...?

Yes, I am dreaming :D

Got an e-mail from the eYeon comittee! Sorry I can't post the email the way it looked. Kind of technologically challenged in that way. :\ If somebody could tell me how to do it I will gladly do it. But here is what it said:

EVERYBODY IS A PIXEL

apparatjik invites you to start your art career at the top and work your way down!

normally it takes a lifetime for an artist to get into the door of a national gallery.

we say get it out of the way now - and start enjoying yourself!

apparatjik hereby invites you to participate in the 'apparatjik light space modulator' to take place at the neue nationalgalerie in berlin, from 13 to 26 march, 2011

submit images of 1024 x 1024 pixels in size, and in jpeg format only. a maximum of 32 images per participant, to be submitted before march 1st, 2011.

theme: LIGHT - SPACE - MOTION

if selected by the eye-on committee, your contribution will be shown alongside works of the others invited, and presented as a slide-show with multiple pixels projected on the apparatjik light space modulator. each image will randomly change place on the cube, thus creating unintended interstices

artists whose works are used will be credited with full name and the letter 'A' behind it, on apparatjik.com.

works included in the subsequent catalogue is credited in the publication in the same way.

for technical reasons all slides will be cropped to perfect squares. please send us a cropped image or accept that apparatjik crops your work without any restrictions.

the eye-on committee oversees the selection process, but adheres to museum-rules pertinent to this part of the multiverse.

upload and sideload masterpieceings at the following: apparatjik.com/startatthetop/

this message approved by the eYeon committee

Tweet the mayhem and chaos to other comrades:

Facebook the offensive colours to other apparats:

forward this email to a friend or view this email in your browser

update your preferences

To leave us high and drive, you can obliterate your email address by clicking here.

I'm going :dance:

Both the 26th and the 27th.

Another > 100 miles car drive I guess :D

Ditto :dance:

with one difference

Another > 1000 miles flights :wacko:

Is that guy singing in electric eye? its driving me crazy not knowing, but I think its him.

Yup it's him, even if his voice is mixed with Magne's (which is supposedly the reason why none of us was sure who the singer was among them) :)

Ditto :dance:

with one difference

Another > 1000 miles flights :wacko:

Yup it's him, even if his voice is mixed with Magne's (which is supposedly the reason why none of us was sure who the singer was among them) :)

Good I finally know, thanks. Now I do know that Martin is the one singing in Supersonic Sound…right?