✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED] 29-May-2009: Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA, USA

coldplayingdotcom.pngwikicoldplay1.png

UPDATE: 3RD APRIL 2009:

Scranton, PA show cancelled

April 3, 2009 10.00 pm

May 29th show cancelled due to scheduling conflict

Good evening. Unfortunately, Coldplay's show on Friday, May 29th at Toyota Pavilion in Scranton, PA has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. Refunds will be available at point-of-purchase.

The band are performing at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, PA on Sunday, May 24th, and the promoters are making excellent seats available to that show for fans who purchased tickets to the Scranton date. Upon refund at point of purchase, fans who purchased Scranton tickets will receive a password to purchase these specially-allocated tickets.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=377

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the thread for the above concert which can be used for all discussion prior to, during and after the gig.

One thread one concert - should hopefully keep everyone organised and up-to-date with Coldplay on the road.

Did you get tickets?

Are you looking for tickets?

Are you looking for ticket swaps?

Need help/directions on getting to the concert?

Not sure what the arrangements and rules are for the particular venue is?

Are you just bloody excited?

Do you have a review for the concert?

Did you take any pictures... share them here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

May/June North American tour announced

March 12, 2009 10:00am

A whole bunch of new dates confirmed

Good morning. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay will be heading to North America in May/June for a full tour. Below is a list of the shows, including the previously-announced Canadian and Birmingham, AL dates.

MAY

15 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

17 Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre (on sale 12noon, 21st March)

18 Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Center (on sale 10am, 16th March)

20 Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless� Amphitheatre (on sale 11am, 20th March)

21 Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion (on sale 12noon, 20th March)

23 Hartford, CT - Meadows (on sale 11am, 20th March)

24 Hershey, PA - Hershey Stadium (on sale 11am, 20th March)

26 Philadelphia, PA - Susquhana Center (on sale 11am, 20th March)

27 Saratoga Springs, NY - SPAC (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

29 Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion (on sale 11am, 20th March)

30 Pittsburgh, PA - Post Gazette Pavilion (on sale 12noon, 21st March)

JUNE

1 Buffalo, NY - Darien Lakes (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

2 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

4 Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center (on sale 10am, 20th March)

5 Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

6 Nashville, TN - Sommet Center (on sale 10am, 21st March)

9 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena (onsale 10am, 21st March)

10 San Antonio, TX - AT& T Center (on sale 10am, 21st March)

12 Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena (on sale 10am, 21st March)

13 Omaha, NE - Qwest Center (on sale 11am, 21st March)

15 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre (on sale 10am, 14th March)

17 Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledone (on sale 10am, 14th March)

18 Edmonton, AB - Northlands (on sale 10am, 14th March)

20 Vancouver, BC - GM Place (on sale 10am, 14th March)

All on sale times are in local time. Tickets will be available from here.

Anchorman

[Thanks Jizo]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have bought tickets for Mansfield in August if i knew they'd actually announce a Scranton date a few weeks later (really, though, who saw this coming?). So now I get to see Coldplay three times this summer--I'm not complaining.

Has anyone seen a show at this venue before? Any recommendations for where to sit/ where not to sit? Thanks in advance! :)

Yep, I've been there many times before! Honestly, while the seated part is pretty big, it's not massive by any means. So if you're in any of the sections in the 100s, you'll have a fantastic view. I was row V of 103 for Kanye West last year and was still exceptionally close (more so than you'll ever be in an arena, anyway).

200s are further back still, but I wouldn't be too sad to end up there. Further away, but you can still see fine. If I were you, I would aim for the 100s, though. I think everything is covered except the last few rows of the 200s.

Lawn is lawn. I'd never go there, but people enjoy it.

Also, as a note, if you're planning on coming to the Scranton show, make sure you get there at least like 2 hours early. The venue is only like a few miles off I-81, but there's only one access road up the mountain and traffic is known to be horrendous at really popular events. The venue has only ever entirely sold out a show once before (Dave Matthews Band's first show up there a couple years ago), but I think this one is absolutely 100% guaranteed to sell out. In my mind, it's the biggest show they've ever had up there. So you'll want to drive up early, that's for sure.

Has anyone seen a show at this venue before? Any recommendations for where to sit/ where not to sit? Thanks in advance! :)

the venue is very small. i was surprised when i heard they were coming b/c the venue didn't seem like a place where they would play, but it is going to be awesome!

This is great news for my wife who just had our first kid who is a HUGE coldplay fan and could not have that much fun when we saw them in NJ at the beginning of the tour since she was pregnant. Now they are coming to our home town and she is very excited because she could have some cocktails and enjoy the concert even more. That being said the presale happens this friday and i have not had very good luck getting the best tickets this way so i ask the masses here if there is a better way to get the best tickets or if someone can help me out get two tickets for my wife who just had our first child this past tuesday and what could be a great gift for her. If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate and price is not a problem for me since this would be a great gift. If you can help please email me [email protected] or just reply to this message. Thanks.

Im hopin for tickets!!

This is outdoors right? I've never been to an outdoor concert?

Is it still loud? (xD sorry.. really have no idea)

How are they gonna have the confetti in Lovers in Japan fall down too lol?

Yes it is outside and its pretty neat setup i have seen kid rock, counting crows, rob thomas, and maroon 5 over the last couple of years and all in all its a nice venue the sound was good for all the concerts. The seats are actually under pavilion and i am sure they could drop the confetti just like every other concert. Only thing that really blows at this venue is the traffic. There is only one road up the mountain and one road down. Another problem is that there is a triple A baseball franchise's stadium on this very same road and it always seem that they schedule a game for the same night and that makes traffic even more terrible. I just advise to be aware that if you stay the whole concert expect a long wait in the parking lot after the concert. But it is a smaller venue which will make the atmosphere even better in my mind.

Any seat in the 100s is a great view. I have seen all the concerts in the 100s and never had a bad view. The 200s do not seem to bad either since you are still under the pavilion and as said before the lawn is the lawn just a hill of grass were people could bring blankets and have some fun.

Ouch, that's no good. I wonder why the ticketrush presale wasn't working? I just decided to try the radio one and luckily I guessed "VIVA" as the password. But I was able to get relatively good seats with the radio presale. Row D of Section 204. Not way up close, but right in center and towards the front of that section so I should have a pretty good view.

I hate livenation or ticketmaster or whatever they are called i couldn't get any tickets in the 100's unless it was 1 ticket

That's so stupid... those are probably the tickets they'll release at the last minute! Not fair for fans who get ready to buy tickets right as the presale starts. :angry: