✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED] 29-May-2009: Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA, USA

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best seats i saw were section C row 17 with this code. not to bad but since its 2 hrs away instead of 10 minutes there is no way i will attend...it sucks because i stood in line for almost 2 hrs the day they went on sale for nothing...thanks coldplay for getting my hopes up!

Anyone know what the "scheduling conflict" is? I love Coldplay but this is really disappointing. They aren't coming to NYC so this was the only option I had since it was a Friday. If they are going to cancel one, cancel Hershey. It is in the middle of nowhere. At least Scranton would get people from Philly and NYC and it was a Friday night. Really not happy about this.

Anyone know what the "scheduling conflict" is? I love Coldplay but this is really disappointing. They aren't coming to NYC so this was the only option I had since it was a Friday. If they are going to cancel one, cancel Hershey. It is in the middle of nowhere. At least Scranton would get people from Philly and NYC and it was a Friday night. Really not happy about this.

Very much agreed. And I feel like Toyota Pavilion is a much better venue (and much more intimate) than Hersheypark Stadium. Maybe Chris just really likes chocolate...

Viva La Cancellation

Coldplay refunds

If you bought tickets for the Coldplay concert on May 29 at the Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain, which was cancelled last Friday, you can get a full refund at the point of purchase. With the refund, you’ll get a password that will allow you to access special tickets for “great seats,” according to the Live Nation press realease, for the May 24 show in Hershey that were set aside only fans who purchased tickets to the show here.

The reason for the cancellation, according to the press release, was a scheduling conflict. But, if you stop and think about “special tickets” being available at the Hershey show for people who bought tickets here, it’s easy to wonder if the true reason was poor ticket sales. If there had been 5,000 or so tickets sold already, it’s hard to imagine that many “great seats” still being available in Hershey.

http://www.ecweekend.com/columns/story.asp?id=48443

I was also looking forward to seeing Coldplay at Scranton but decided to go to the Hershey concert instead after the cancellation. I bought my tickets on-line right after I got the e-mail about the cancellation in Scranton, and THEN read here about what the password was for the reserved seats in Hershey for us displaced people. I figured it wouldn't make much difference but after finally getting the official e-mail yesterday with the password, I figured I would call the ticketing agency and see if they would switch my tickets to the preferred seating - and they did! It's about 18 rows difference. Still in the grandstand but a bit lower.

Hershey isn't selling very well either. $35 tickets were added this week, where the previous low was $49.50. Also, a 4 seats @ $30/ea package was added. Tons of radio stations are giving tickets away now. And I'd be on the lookout for prices dropping again. Last year Hershey got desperate to fill seats for Counting Crows/Maroon 5 - Tickets that were over $50 ended up being $10.41. Poison tickets were sold for under $10.

I don't know if they decided on keeping Hershey because it sold more or because it was easier to fit more people in. But Hershey doesn't draw much of an outside crowd. They didn't even sell out The Police, Billy Joel, and Springsteen shows they've had. And there were hundreds of scalpers left with tickets they could't give away still.

They've been lowering prices and adding extra tickets for a lot of the shows though...I think maybe they've over done it. Is only uber fans who want to see them three or four times in a year, I think the demand for another huge tour in the US (a year after the album was released) just isn't there :confused:

They should have done a few key venues and left it at that.

Haha, I don't mind, as long as I have one show nearby, I am happy. Just please don't cancel more shows. But with all these legs in the tour, I understand completley why Coldplay want to take an extended break after Wembley. I won't mind waiting a year or two for their next album. Makes it a lot more special.

Definitely. I'd imagine it's be 2012 before we get even another album. They're touring the whole of this year and you know it takes them FOREVER to make them because they always treat it like a day job, realise it's a mistake and have to start again :P We always get the same story. :lol:

So it could even be 2013 before they get to SA. Which is far too long.