✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED] 29-May-2009: Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA, USA

they definitely won't upgrade the lawn. i am just really angry that I had the opportunity to have really great seats in the 100s and now i cant because they did this.

Agreed. The last concert I saw at Montage was Kanye back in May last year. I bought tickets in Kanye's presale and sat in the right 100 section, Row K. Easy as that. Got the tickets as soon as they went on sale. That was the last one of the really huge concerts at Montage that I can think of, too. (Barring DMB, who I absolutely despise.)

Come to think of it, ANY other concert at Montage that I've been to--I've never had a problem getting tickets anywhere but the 100 section. And I've been to many of them.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thing I just noticed as well, during the time when the Scranton tickets went on sale, there was no "Pit/100 Level" option for tickets. Now there is, though granted, it does call it "unavailable." However, if you go on the "pick and click seating map" they just added on Livenation, it does indeed show a sold out GA Pit on there.

If there's a pit that they did not make available to us normal fans AT ALL, that's an even bigger travesty.

if they upgrade the lawn tix holders over people in 100 or 200 section i would burn the tent...only kidding...but to honest it is sad that the best you can do is 30 rows back and all the rest of the tix are gone and no one had a chance.

What's with the price gauging?

Not only are the concert tickets a crock on price but now the hotels in Scranton have all jacked up their rates to 200-300 dollars for a room for concertgoers who want to stay overnight after the concert? What the heck?

Look for a room in Wilkes Barre, Pittston area these places are about 10 to 15 minutes away from the concert venue. I would assume you could get something halfway decent in these areas for a decent price. I live right near Wilkes Barre and its a 15 minute trip for me to the concert venue not to bad and it may save you some dough!

Not only are the concert tickets a crock on price but now the hotels in Scranton have all jacked up their rates to 200-300 dollars for a room for concertgoers who want to stay overnight after the concert? What the heck?

Going to second the other suggestion I saw on here. Check Wilkes-Barre, Pittston, Clarks Summit...anything right on I-81 essentially. Don't limit yourself to downtown Scranton, as there's tons of places relatively close that are all probably manageable. Of course, the nicest hotels in the area would be the Radisson or Hilton in downtown Scranton, if that's what you're going for!

Montage Madness.

This will be my fifth Coldplay show in 3 yrs. My second of this tour . The Livenation Pre-sale was a Joke . I would rather give birth. The KRZ option would'nt let me checkout , Thank goodness I had Ticket Rush for back up and I got my yea, ONE Ticket ,WTF ? I was lucky I guess to get that after reading reading all your posts. I got Sec 101 Row CC . If any body else is nearby. I also live only 20 mins away , Where are all you locals from ?. Mention the Towns , Show them Who you are.I'm in Gouldsboro, and I'll be sittin by myself too.!! But Guess What ITS F_ __ IN COLDPLAY !!!!! The Philly show last July was a Gas , because The Philly crowd knows how to Rock and Party. This will be much more intimate and I'm hoping audience friendly and Banter w/ Chris and maybe a Little relaxed and even some more set changes. Lets Go Boys ( Ha Ha I'm 52) and Girls , Its time to show them who can REALLY ROCK. !!

From 201 C to 204 A

Sounds like a degrade but I'm actually closer to the stage PLUS I'm more in line with the stage. Before I was WAYYYY on the end.

Not a major upgrade but its definitely is better than what it was before :)

Just got word from a friend who "heard it through the grapevine from someone at the venue" that this show was going to be cancelled. Anyone else hear anything about this?

I think it's REALLY hard to believe, as it's in line with all of their other shows that week, so unless they're going to cancel the entire leg of the tour in May, why would they cancel just this show? My friend, whom I do trust, is claiming this to be a "reliable source." But I don't really buy this at all. Especially since there's been no indication of such a thing. So take it with a massive grain of salt. I'm just really worried, so I thought I'd worry the whole of the Coldplay community at large with a rumor I just got passed to me from beautiful Scranton.

I guess we'll find out...

I doubt it. I think these rumour are being falsely started since the story Coldplay will be taking a career break after their world tour.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=37616

Rockers Coldplay are contemplating a career break once they finish their current world tour so their fans don't grow sick of their music.

WHAT THE HELL COLDPLAY. They canceled it. It was an event on facebook which I said I was attending, and then I got a notification saying:

"Debs Wild canceled the event "Scranton". Debs says, "The Coldplay performance set for Friday, May 29 at Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. Refunds will be available at point-of-purchase.

The band are performing at Hersheypark Stadium on Sunday, May 24 and are making great seats available to that show for fans who purchased tickets to the Scranton date. Upon refund at point of purchase, fans who purchased Scranton tickets will receive a password to purchase these specially allocated tickets.".

Ugh. I can't go to Hershey Park, it's too far away and doesn't work with my schedule. I guess at least I get a refund?

So upset. :bigcry: