✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[CANCELLED] 29-May-2009: Toyota Pavilion, Scranton, PA, USA

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought tickets in section 103 rows FF and GG with my hubby.:)

:shocked2:i bought the tickets just now i am now in shock.

I posted a question for Oracle must see now what happens.Don't know why all these things happen to me always.:cry:

WHAT THE HELL COLDPLAY. They canceled it. It was an event on facebook which I said I was attending, and then I got a notification saying:

"Debs Wild canceled the event "Scranton". Debs says, "The Coldplay performance set for Friday, May 29 at Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. Refunds will be available at point-of-purchase.

The band are performing at Hersheypark Stadium on Sunday, May 24 and are making great seats available to that show for fans who purchased tickets to the Scranton date. Upon refund at point of purchase, fans who purchased Scranton tickets will receive a password to purchase these specially allocated tickets.".

Ugh. I can't go to Hershey Park, it's too far away and doesn't work with my schedule. I guess at least I get a refund?

So upset. :bigcry:

You'd think they'd make an official announcement.

Cancelled rather than postponed too...hmmm :thinking:

Sorry guys. :(

Scranton, PA show cancelled

Scranton, PA show cancelled

April 3, 2009 10.00 pm

May 29th show cancelled due to scheduling conflict

Good evening. Unfortunately, Coldplay's show on Friday, May 29th at Toyota Pavilion in Scranton, PA has been cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. Refunds will be available at point-of-purchase.

The band are performing at Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, PA on Sunday, May 24th, and the promoters are making excellent seats available to that show for fans who purchased tickets to the Scranton date. Upon refund at point of purchase, fans who purchased Scranton tickets will receive a password to purchase these specially-allocated tickets.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=377

there's no way everyone who got a scranton ticket will be able to get one of the special seats for hershey show. i am so upset. i really hope somebodys question about this gets answered by the oricle so we can figure out what this freaking schedualing difficulty is. its extremely gay.

I called and asked them about everything and they said that they are not giving out refunds yet because its possible Coldplay will change their mind or reschedule the concert.

God, I'm so upset. This ruined my whole night

i certainly hope they do. i better freaking get a refund, i payed 105 for a seat ticket, and my brother payed 160 for 3 lawn tickets. we better get our money back. i doubt we'll be able to go to any of the other shows :(

Sorry for being right, guys. I was hoping this would all end up being a rumor, too.

And I was flying in from college in California to come home for this one, so I'm not sure if I can come home for Hershey the weekend before. This sucks so bad. If anything hears anything about the good Hershey tickets, please do post or PM. I really need to go see them somewhat close to home.

I called and asked them about everything and they said that they are not giving out refunds yet because its possible Coldplay will change their mind or reschedule the concert.

God, I'm so upset. This ruined my whole night

Who did you exactly call? The Pavilion? Best case scenario is that they change their minds and have the show. If it turns they can reschedule the show in Scranton (as long as they honor the tickets bought for the original date) to another date, I'll be fine with that. Now I'm lost. Out of all the shows (not that I want to see any other of them canceled because nobody deserves this disappointment) why was this one a scheduling conflict? Now if they are not taking refunds yet, there must be consideration to reschedule/reinstate the concert. If not, I'm losing precious time on getting tickets for Hershey (and I'm not made of money to buy a second ticket at hershey w/o getting a refund from Scranton). I hoping for them to reschedule it rather than cancel it.

The official Coldplay site says 'cancelled' and obviously they're going to know far more about the bands' plans than the venue.

They wouldn't have offered up the Hershey tickets if they'd planned to reschedule this one.

I'm just curious to see what better things Coldplay has planned rather than playing Scranton on May 29th...

Although, who else from the Scranton area thinks it's hilarious to see SCRANTON as the big story on coldplay.com? Even if it is terrible news!