✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Coldplay song do you think is the best lyrically?

noonsun

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gonna mention AROBTTH, but another powerful one is Amsterdam. Same with 42. Heck, even Viva La Vida is great lyrically.

42 sucks lyrically.It's so obscure and cliche it pretty much guarantees it had no personal touch to it, and there are so few lyrics in the song, and it is so repetitive. One of the worst lyrical songs for the band.

When I saw the title I was gonna say AROBTTH.

I have to say. I love the music in 42. But the first time I listened to it, I remember hearing "Those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head" and just cringing. I got over that pretty fast after I heard the instrumental part, but yeah.

I like the Scientist. Simple but beautiful.

I suppose I mainly like the lyrical theme in 42. Though repetitive at the beginning, it still really sums up many of the death-based moods of the album, especially the whole "You thought you might be a ghost, you didn't get to heaven but you made it close" part.

And yes, how could I forget to mention The Scientist? AROBTTH is probably the strongest album lyrically.

When I saw the title, I was thought A Rush of Blood to the Head as well. I'm not sure about what others are of the same quality right now. I'll post again if I think of something. Though they are simple, I love Don't Panic's lyrics. Oh, and I laugh at anyone who says Fix You.

42 sucks lyrically.It's so obscure and cliche it pretty much guarantees it had no personal touch to it, and there are so few lyrics in the song, and it is so repetitive. One of the worst lyrical songs for the band.

Well said.

When I saw the title, I was thought A Rush of Blood to the Head as well. I'm not sure about what others are of the same quality right now. I'll post again if I think of something. Though they are simple, I love Don't Panic's lyrics. Oh, and I laugh at anyone who says Fix You.

Well said.

Lol.

Hell, I could write Fix You. :P

It's great song though.

The lyrics were actually the reason I didn't like Fix You at first. I thought they were childish. Granted, I've since come to really appeciate the song for reasons other than lyrics.

But no one's gonna stop me from liking 42's. :P

The lyrics were actually the reason I didn't like Fix You at first. I thought they were childish. Granted, I've since come to really appeciate the song for reasons other than lyrics.

Yeah, they just seem pretty shallow. Not very thought provoking and sort of cliché. I didn't mean anything personal against people who like Fix You. I have no problem with someone liking the lyrics, but to say that they are Chris' best? That's going a bit too far, I think.

Chris has even said that now (2008 ish :P), he'd never write the lyrics from Fix You. They're too simple and literal, but at the time it just felt right.

I totally love the song, it's fantastic and and when it picks up... wow. I think the lyrics are nice too, they fit the song.. but like Lyric said.. they're not Chris' best.

Fix You just happened to be the first song that came to mind when I read the question because even though the lyrics are very simple, I really liked how it was all put together and the message behind it. I understand the whole cliché thing, so I guess really it wouldn't be considered the best song lyrically. Maybe, A Rush Of Blood To The Head, but honestly I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...