✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What Coldplay song do you think is the best lyrically?

noonsun

Its tough because there are lyrics I adore on a personal level and then those that are better objectively speaking.

But after painfully deliberating for at least twenty seconds I have to say either...

Only Superstition

Spies

Clocks

Daylight

AROBTTH

Viva la Vida

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with AROBTTH and The Scientist because they're both really powerful but in different ways. Like... AROBTTH has this intensity and The Scientist is just this simple kind of power, you know what i mean? Haha i don't think i'm doing a very good job of explaining.

anyway... those are the first two that come to mind. but chris is amazing so it's definately a tough decision.

OH and Amsterdam! :)

.....Why's that?

It has really memorable lyrics. Can you see the future in a glass of water, will I see heaven in mine? That's a very spiritual and poetic message. The whole song is filled with plays on words that are very memorable.

Maybe I'm biased, though, because it's my favorite song. I loved it when I saw it live, too.

Even though I think the song is far from Coldplay's best, Viva la Vida's got some kickass lyrics.

I agree and Violet Hill is my personal favorite of all time ("When the future's architectured by a carnival of idiots on show" and "Priests clutched onto bibles

Hollowed out to fit their rifles and the cross was held aloft") AMAZING IMO!!!

I'd go with AROBTTH and The Scientist because they're both really powerful but in different ways. Like... AROBTTH has this intensity and The Scientist is just this simple kind of power, you know what i mean? Haha i don't think i'm doing a very good job of explaining.

anyway... those are the first two that come to mind. but chris is amazing so it's definately a tough decision.

OH and Amsterdam! :)

i think i do...i always liked The Scientist in general. but i used to think of it as "the depressing song with the creepy video". then i recently learnt to play the song on the guitar & i realised that the song's really got a sad touching story to tell.

else i'd go with See You Soon, Prospekt's March & Glass of Water as other good Coldplay songs lyrically. i don't think i can really put my finger down on any specific song as "the best"...

I think it would have to be something from VLVODAAHF, because they have really matured lyrically so much on this album. Has anyone mentioned Yes? I like the whole metaphor of being dropped from a rooftop. Other than that...Violet Hill, Viva La Vida, and Cemeteries Of London are the best in terms of lyricism.

I agree with everyone who has said AROBTTH though. That song does have really powerful lyrics.