✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LRLRL D/LOAD LINK! Plus REACTIONS/RESPONSE to LRLRL Live Album

tauiwi

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always something better, but I can't think of something better for that price - at the moment.

Yes, true that. But I was saying that 'Strawberry Swing' was good, but not the best.

I know, free!

Yes, true that. But I was saying that 'Strawberry Swing' was good, but not the best.

I know, free!

Ah, okay. :nice:

I'd love to hear a version of "GPASUYF & Talk" that would've been incredible, I guess.

But the list is fine like this. :smiley:

*bumps VLV*

@Arizzo: If you want those ones, there is some good live versions in the multimedia section. I have those two on my itunes, and love them.

Yea, I have some, too (I think from the MMS:lol:), but I meant to fill this album. ;)

Aw! What an amazing album!!! SO worth waiting for! I love death and all of his friends. Singing it at the top of my lungs, waking up the neighbors... Sorry..

LOL they can suffer. It's only like 10pm or earlier...

I'm still fascinated by the 320 vs 192 downloads. Did people definitely get a 320 from the site, or did someone just re-post a 192 re-encoded at 320 and then share it to megaupload?

I just ask because it's weird... the 320kps one I got had no album art encoded with it (just a jpg file in the archive), but the 192kps one I got directly from coldplay.com had it encoded in the file AND the jpeg.

Just wondering, as sometimes people on boards have thought that by re-encoding a lossy (MP3/AAC) file at a higher bitrate, it improves the quality. (Good intentions and all.) The one I got from megaupload seemed like someone re-zipped the files instad of just re-uploading the .zip file they got from coldplay.com

I take my coldplay seriously, which is why I wanted to just see what other people's experinces were. It is weird that they'd start out with a high bitrate and then drop it (but make the files bigger by adding in the artwork), as the biggest demand would have been right at the release time, one would imagine.

I'm very finicky (probably overly) about the whole file size thing, so I was puzzled too.

I downloaded the album from the official Coldplay site at 320 without the artwork encoded. There was a JPEG in the zip file. The whole zip file was 80-something MB.

I downloaded it again from the official site a few hours later (to see if the tracklisting was any different given the 42/Clocks swap on the LRLRL page) and they were the 192 files you described.

I can access Coldplay.com and the download file is still only 54.5 MB in size. It´s downloading very fast so I think maybe this was the only version of the live album released? The one in 192 kbps? I am starting to believe the previously mentioned theory that someone re-encoded it to 320 kbps. I guess it is easy to find out. Has anyone here downloaded the 320 kbps version directly from Coldplay.com?

I'm very finicky (probably overly) about the whole file size thing, so I was puzzled too.

I downloaded the album from the official Coldplay site at 320 without the artwork encoded. There was a JPEG in the zip file. The whole zip file was 80-something MB.

I downloaded it again from the official site a few hours later (to see if the tracklisting was any different given the 42/Clocks swap on the LRLRL page) and they were the 192 files you described.

That explains it then, but why not putting up the 320 version now that the server is clearly not overloaded anymore?

^If I was in America I definitely would've stayed up all night to get it. Do you thin kthey'll put the 320 version back up at all?

As to the poll I still can't choose yet. Its all so, so, so good. Glass of Water straight away blew me away, I think its better than the album version. I've been hyper ever since, jumping around the house. I do wish Lost had of been there though, I love Lost! live. And the actual song LeftRightLeftRightLeft but meh, its still absolutely amazing.