LRLRL D/LOAD LINK! Plus REACTIONS/RESPONSE to LRLRL Live Album

tauiwi

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we're on the 42nd page of this topic :laugh3:

Anyway heres my personal review of LRLRL

For the second leg of Coldplay’s Viva La Vida tour, the band decided to give something back to their fans. That gift comes in the form of LRLRL, a live album that captures the band in peak form. The nine-song album can be downloaded for free at coldplay.com or picked up at a Coldplay concert near you. It focuses mostly on material from their chart-topping album Viva La Vida, with a few old favorites thrown in.

The album opens with Glass of Water, a favorite from the bands follow up EP to Viva La Vida, entitled “Prospekt’s March”. It’s a loud pounding start that really sets the mood for what a Coldplay show is like. “42” is one of the better “Viva” songs when played live. The 2nd of three distinct musical parts within the song is a great jam, especially in a live setting. The version of smash hit “Clocks” is particularly strong, as every note seems perfectly played. The drums and piano in the breakdowns are especially powerful. Quite possibly the best version I have in my collection.

We then visit “Strawberry Swing”, my personal favorite song on “Viva La Vida”. This has a classic summer feel to it, with the African-esque guitar riff putting a smile on my face every time. One of the interesting curiosities on the tour was Chris Martin’s solo version of “The Hardest Part”, which segues into another “Prospekt” track, “Postcards From Far Away”. These two songs have real emotional weight on this album, and could very well be the highlight of it all.

After a crowd participating version of “Viva La Vida” is played, a song sung by drummer Will Champion is performed. It’s a nice touch, but isn’t something worth gushing over. Live favorite “Fix You” is always impressive. The final song “Death and All of His Friends”, is made for closing out a show. The song slowly winds into a great burst of music with all four members singing in four-part harmony. The ending is especially good on LRLRL, as Martin lets out a beautiful scream through the dissonance of the guitar.

This is a nice companion for anyone who saw Coldplay on this leg of their tour, or for anyone who wants to hear what a Coldplay show is like. Solid song selection and pretty good audio quality makes for a strong live album, especially for the price of zero dollars.

8.5/10

• 4 months later...