✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LRLRL D/LOAD LINK! Plus REACTIONS/RESPONSE to LRLRL Live Album

tauiwi

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowd at the end of Viva La Vida sends chills up my spine. :stunned:

On top of The Hardest Part, this is also the superior version of DWNC. Cheers for more Will!

Yeah, I'm skipping around slightly. I'll give this the proper full listen once it's actually morning for me and not the middle of the night. :P

Just listening to it now, on to 42.

Thanks to whoever managed to nab the 320 version, downloading that now.

And thanks boys :dance: this is shaping up so far to be a wonderful gift :D :D :D!!!

Okay, so Fix You probably just scared me shitless. I was almost shaking at parts, and I think it was the crowd-sung chorus that did me in. Am I supposed to have this sort of reaction to a live performance of song I've totally worn out the studio version of? :confused::P

Again, many thanks to the band's generosity.

Okay, so Fix You probably just scared me shitless. I was almost shaking at parts, and I think it was the crowd-sung chorus that did me in. Am I supposed to have this sort of reaction to a live performance of song I've totally worn out the studio version of?

Amen. The crowd singing is spot on. This is the fantastic version of it we've been waiting for.

I'm still fascinated by the 320 vs 192 downloads. Did people definitely get a 320 from the site, or did someone just re-post a 192 re-encoded at 320 and then share it to megaupload?

I just ask because it's weird... the 320kps one I got had no album art encoded with it (just a jpg file in the archive), but the 192kps one I got directly from coldplay.com had it encoded in the file AND the jpeg.

Just wondering, as sometimes people on boards have thought that by re-encoding a lossy (MP3/AAC) file at a higher bitrate, it improves the quality. (Good intentions and all.) The one I got from megaupload seemed like someone re-zipped the files instad of just re-uploading the .zip file they got from coldplay.com

I take my coldplay seriously, which is why I wanted to just see what other people's experinces were. It is weird that they'd start out with a high bitrate and then drop it (but make the files bigger by adding in the artwork), as the biggest demand would have been right at the release time, one would imagine.

I'm still fascinated by the 320 vs 192 downloads. Did people definitely get a 320 from the site, or did someone just re-post a 192 re-encoded at 320 and then share it to megaupload?

I just ask because it's weird... the 320kps one I got had no album art encoded with it (just a jpg file in the archive), but the 192kps one I got directly from coldplay.com had it encoded in the file AND the jpeg.

Just wondering, as sometimes people on boards have thought that by re-encoding a lossy (MP3/AAC) file at a higher bitrate, it improves the quality. (Good intentions and all.) The one I got from megaupload seemed like someone re-zipped the files instad of just re-uploading the .zip file they got from coldplay.com

I take my coldplay seriously, which is why I wanted to just see what other people's experinces were. It is weird that they'd start out with a high bitrate and then drop it (but make the files bigger by adding in the artwork), as the biggest demand would have been right at the release time, one would imagine.

I'm unsure of what exactly happened, and since Coldplay.com's servers seem to still be sort of dead I guess we don't know for sure yet. All I know is I downloaded the album from the RapidShare link (83mb zip file), the songs were 320kbps and had the album art as a JPG in the unzipped folder. I just re-uploaded the .zip file I received, making no changes to anything. :)

I suspect that the Coldplay.com link was changed to 192 kbps later on to save bandwidth, but since I can't download it myself I can't be sure. Comparing the downloads via the file size may help however, that'll be the easiest way to find out which version you ended up with.

Glass Of Water - good, but isn't outstandig, 8/10 (although it's one of my favourite tracks ever)

42 - good, too, the ending is just :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:, 8.5/10

Clocks - the crowd is really going nuts at some points, 9/10

Strawberrry Swing - nice performance, sounds great, 8.5/10

The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away - :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: (like I said this song is better with a solo Chris & piano), 11/10

Viva La Vida - sounds live better than on record (much better, which means something!), the chanting crowd at the end is unbelievable, 11/10

Death Will Never Conquer - :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: (finally we got a good version of Will singing!), 11/10

Fix You - damn, just damn, I didn't think that music could do this to me, 11/10

Death And All His Friends - the acapella part! :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:, without a doubt a real good track, 11/10

This album is a 10/10 for me, eventhough it starts not that good ("only" 8/10), but "THP" is the beginning of a genius compilation.

Don't get me wrong, I like the tracks before, too, but they're not as good as the tracks on the second half.

If I was on a rap forum, I'd say THIS SHIIIT BANGS!!! :lol:

This is the ideal suprise to show people that Coldplay make great music!!!