✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

do you care about what other people think about coldplay?

twin4life

about you liking coldplay?

not me. i was arguing with this guy at my school about coldplay last year though. i'm like, wow OMG you don't like coldplay! oh wow! (sarcasticly) do i care? no! and i don't plan to! and have you even heard ANYTHING by coldplay?and he's like "no. but they suck. and 50 rules man!" and i'm like good for you i hate him but i don't go around saying he sucks! "well coldplay suck!" and i'm like what the hell? did you not hear a word i just said?! then i just chased him cuz he started to get annoying. just to shut him up.

strangest thing! pretty much everyone in my grade hates coldplay. none of them had even heard about them but now most of them do since i love them so much. then they released clocks. almost everyone liked it! they didn't only think it was okay, but actually liked it! everyone's like, the only good song they have is clocks. and that's the only song they actually heard by them! even the guy who wouldnt shut up about how much they suck.

once, for this music thing in school, we had to bring in some music to play, and i played coldplay of course even though everyone told me not too play it. but i did of course. so i played them politik, and they're like this isn't coldplay. and i said, well it's on their cd isn't it? and then my teacher who's such a bitch said, how does this relate to today's politics (or something like that)? and no one had any idea what the hell the question meant, so they were just saying things about the song. so i'm like, well it was written a few day's after september 11th had happened it's just about how everyone was feeling at that time and the sadness and confusion and then i go on for a bit more talking about that. it's so i end up getting a c-. damn bitch teacher. i hate her. good thing she's gone this year.:D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i really don't care what other people think. but music is my life and it's hard not to talk to anyone about coldplay. nobody i know likes them. they're all into "punk". they just don't understand coldplay i guess. but i don't really talk about them to anyone because they'd just get bored if theyre not a fan.

your teacher gave you a c-?! the song is called politik! :o

so heres my rant on the whole "that band sucks crap"...

i don't care what people think about the music i listen to...theres too many different genres of music out there to stay in one catagory and for people that do stay in one genre are missing out on alot of great tunes...i mean power to you if all you listen to is punk/rock/alternative/whatever and don't digress to other genres...you like what you like...but at the very least give them a listen...cause you never know what new found obsession you'll find in them...and if your going to argue that a band sucks...have something of substance to say other then "just cause"...cause that just totally throws your opinion of anything in the trash...

for me, i tend to be intrigued by the factors that people like in bands...is it the drums? vocals? bass? guitar riffs? how hot a band member is :rolleyes: ...cause to me, that defines who really does love the music for the music...which makes me open to listening to whatever...and when someone is that passionate about that type of music, how can it not be good??? ;)

->shortie

Thanks Charlie! :)

And Shortie - you're so right *thumbs up* although I personally decline all genres of music besides Indie rock from now on, as I've had my times of all other genres and I decided that's what I personally call music. I've had my period of pop, hip-hop and rap, dance & house, and even golden oldies - but indie rock has always been something I loved "in the background" and I can't see myself listening to any type of music other than that. It simply rules :D

busybeeburns: always been meaning to say this but haven't till now....

i absolutely adore your quote “I’m ridiculously proud of Coldplay and it makes me want to give back as much as possible. I do need to slag off Simon Cowell and those people. At the beginning of the show the way Pete Waterman bragged: ‘I’ve had 500 No.1's.’

Yes Pete, but they’re all shit.” ~Chris Martin

its so funny cause its so true in so many other cases too!

CHEERS!!! :D

->shortie

I dont really care wat other people say about The Greatest band in the world ;), as long as i like 'em. But fortunately 4 me, most of my frends are open 2 other types of music and they loved songs like 'Clocks' and 'In my place'! Im even doin a good job converting people 2 'Coldplayism'. So far ive helped 2 people! Hooooooooraaaaaaay!

well alot of my "so called" friends, dont know anything about Coldplay. They dont even listen to them, wait a second i dont even think any of my "so called" friends know who they are. They listen to people like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, and Cristina Agularia. But i dont care because there missing out on great music and im not. (except u Nicki ur the coolest) :D

It only bothers me when people (some of whom I don't even know) go out of their way to tell me the band I obviously like a whole lot "sucks". That used to happen in high school with Dave Matthews Band. I think it's pretty rude, actually. I wouldn't say that about someone's favourite artist. Even if they did suck. ;)

I've never had anyone tell me they hate Coldplay though. All my friends love them (and Travis), so we have cheesy sing-alongs in the car. Mostly folks seem to like what I listen to, once they hear it for themselves. Well, except for Bright Eyes. :rolleyes: I can't really blame them there; Conor Oberst's voice is very much an acquired taste.