• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• pickle

• an angel

• Megalomania

it's only because it's like 10x more difficult than freshman year. and the teachers just don't give a damn about your personal life, if you signed up for their class you better be willing to spend all your time on their work. and i'm in all honors, which doesn't help.

Kat, in the US you have elementary school which is 1-8th grades, then you go to high school which is freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grades) then you graduate and go to college.

/freshmanisscarednow.

Don't worry, freshman year is a piece of cake.

Sophomore year is the hardest because it's such a huge adjustment from the "pampered" easy-peasy freshman year to all of a sudden, actual difficult work. The information itself gets more difficult junior and senior year, but by then you're used to it.

Enjoy freshman year while you can. :P

Is sophomore year really that difficult? :thinking:

-not trying to be rude, I'm not a sophomore-

:shrug: I actually find it a bit easier, but I may not be on the same curriculum as Megalomania.

it's only because it's like 10x more difficult than freshman year. and the teachers just don't give a damn about your personal life, if you signed up for their class you better be willing to spend all your time on their work. and i'm in all honors, which doesn't help.

:( That sucks. My school isn't like that at all--then again, my town is pretty small.

My town is mini, my high school is actually regional and made up of 3 towns. My town is the smallest, our 8th grade graduating class was only 27. The largest town had a graduating class of ~120. Altogether, my high school graduating class is only about 200.

We have really smart teachers though. My history teacher is a published author. :|

Don't worry, freshman year is a piece of cake.

Sophomore year is the hardest because it's such a huge adjustment from the "pampered" easy-peasy freshman year to all of a sudden, actual difficult work. The information itself gets more difficult junior and senior year, but by then you're used to it.

Enjoy freshman year while you can. :P

:nod:

Really? As I said, I find it easier than freshman year (but it might just be because I sucked at geometry [Algebra II is so much easier] and there weren't any honors classes where you could have more one-on-one time with your teachers)

we got 1-6 and then againg 1-6 :blank:[/color]

My school goes 1-5 then 6-8 then 9-12 :P

My town is mini, my high school is actually regional and made up of 3 towns. My town is the smallest, our 8th grade graduating class was only 27. The largest town had a graduating class of ~120. Altogether, my high school graduating class is only about 200.

We have really smart teachers though. My history teacher is a published author. :|

Wow, okay, my town isn't that small :P Our graduating classes are usually somewhere between 70-90 kids.

:surprised: Cool

:shrug: I actually find it a bit easier, but I may not be on the same curriculum as Megalomania.

:( That sucks. My school isn't like that at all--then again, my town is pretty small.

Our school is a total of around 500

and my year is around 50 students, with only 6 students in my Bio class.

:nod:

Really? As I said, I find it easier than freshman year (but it might just be because I sucked at geometry [Algebra II is so much easier] and there weren't any honors classes where you could have more one-on-one time with your teachers)

My school goes 1-5 then 6-8 then 9-12 :P

I like algebra II but the teacher that I have makes up tests that apply concepts in ways we've never seen before, so it's always a shock and I feel like however much I study there's always something I don't know.

And this is going to sound bitchy but I'm freaking out right now because. . . well I've never had this problem before. I've never actually had to study for a test, and I've never had so many bad test grades. It's unnerving.

My school was actually K-8, then 9-12. :P

Our school is a total of around 500

and my year is around 50 students, with only 6 students in my Bio class.

wow! my school has ~850 total.

We're poor because our governor doesn't know that you can't just suddenly cut money from education, so if a class doesn't have more than 11 people signed up the class doesn't happen. :| They reschedule you.

wow! my school has ~850 total.

We're poor because our governor doesn't know that you can't just suddenly cut money from education, so if a class doesn't have more than 11 people signed up the class doesn't happen. :| They reschedule you.

Yep happens here all the time.

so many people didn't get to do what GCSE options they wanted.