✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Crests of Daylight/Glacial Fox/Crests, Foaming at the Mouth

Best u Can

I like algebra II but the teacher that I have makes up tests that apply concepts in ways we've never seen before, so it's always a shock and I feel like however much I study there's always something I don't know.

And this is going to sound bitchy but I'm freaking out right now because. . . well I've never had this problem before. I've never actually had to study for a test, and I've never had so many bad test grades. It's unnerving.

My school was actually K-8, then 9-12. :P

:confused: I despise tests that do that.

I understand--this is the first year I've had to study at all for anything also. Albeit, I always glance at my study guides a few minutes before the tests as a quick refresher, but I've actually had to cram for Chemistry tests several times this year. :P

lol integrated middle schools :P

• Replies 176.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crests

• pickle

• an angel

• Megalomania

I want to take music theory next year but I don't think there'll be enough for a class. :sad:

what sucks is that everyone knows everyone and everyone's business and if you lose friends it's so hard making new ones, well it is for me which is what i'm finding at the moment :disappointed:

story of my life, it was the same thing in elementary school. you do one fucking embarrassing thing when you're 6 and people still don't let you forget it. :|

although I suppose I'm lucky, I have a wonderful group of friends and we're all in the same classes (all of the honors class students are friends with each other for the most part simply because we're above most of the immaturity that happens with other classes)

my school is also aroung 250 :awesome:[/color]

*internet high five*

We're poor because our governor doesn't know that you can't just suddenly cut money from education, so if a class doesn't have more than 11 people signed up the class doesn't happen. :| They reschedule you.

D: That's horrible

what sucks is that everyone knows everyone and everyone's business and if you lose friends it's so hard making new ones, well it is for me which is what i'm finding at the moment :disappointed:

:hug:

Don't worry, freshman year is a piece of cake.

Sophomore year is the hardest because it's such a huge adjustment from the "pampered" easy-peasy freshman year to all of a sudden, actual difficult work. The information itself gets more difficult junior and senior year, but by then you're used to it.

Enjoy freshman year while you can. :P

Yeah it's pretty easy so far.....

:confused: I despise tests that do that.

I understand--this is the first year I've had to study at all for anything also. Albeit, I always glance at my study guides a few minutes before the tests as a quick refresher, but I've actually had to cram for Chemistry tests several times this year. :P

lol integrated middle schools :P

I feel like it's kind of unfair, to throw something like that at you. Tests are supposed to evaluate you on things that you've learned, not see how fast you can figure out how to apply that knowledge. Save it for challenge problems pls.

Aw yeah, chem's a bitch. :P It's weird, I went into this year thinking chem would be my hardest class, but I have the highest grade in it. I currently have a C in alg 2 and history (it's fucking killing me, I've never had lower than a B average in my life :|), although the history grade should go up because it's only low because of two quizzes, and they really don't count for much by the end of the marking period.

same here

I'm about to hang the school full of posters but everybody knows my obsessions so it would fail a bit in being unknown :/[/color]

I'm the one with the weird taste in music in my school :P Everyone knows my obsessions also.

although I suppose I'm lucky, I have a wonderful group of friends and we're all in the same classes (all of the honors class students are friends with each other for the most part simply because we're above most of the immaturity that happens with other classes)

Most of my friends are in honors classes also :awesome: Unfortunately, about half of them are a year older than me, so they're in their own honor classes

. . . but we're all in band :sneaky: *dreams about next year's band trip :wacky:*

I want to take music theory next year but I don't think there'll be enough for a class. :sad:

story of my life, it was the same thing in elementary school. you do one fucking embarrassing thing when you're 6 and people still don't let you forget it. :|

I did have a good group of friends last year, but since two of them started dating the group kinda split and everyone seems to ignore me nowadays. so i try hanging with other people but they just sit and talk about COD and spend hours on ipod touch games.

same here

I'm about to hang the school full of posters but everybody knows my obsessions so it would fail a bit in being unknown :/[/color]

omg are they #ibelieveinsherlock posters? :awesome:

I'm the one with the weird taste in music in my school :P Everyone knows my obsessions also.

Most of my friends are in honors classes also :awesome: Unfortunately, about half of them are a year older than me, so they're in their own honor classes

. . . but we're all in band :sneaky: *dreams about next year's band trip :wacky:*

Same, everyone makes fun of me for my Muse and Sherlock obsessions, but you know what? That doesn't even bother me. Why should I care what people think about it, so long as listening to it/watching it makes me happy?

Aw that's a bummer. Omg band friends are the best :awesome: People don't quite realize how much of a messed up-family we are. :lol: Where are you going next year? :wacko:

I feel like it's kind of unfair, to throw something like that at you. Tests are supposed to evaluate you on things that you've learned, not see how fast you can figure out how to apply that knowledge. Save it for challenge problems pls.

Aw yeah, chem's a bitch. :P It's weird, I went into this year thinking chem would be my hardest class, but I have the highest grade in it. I currently have a C in alg 2 and history (it's fucking killing me, I've never had lower than a B average in my life :|), although the history grade should go up because it's only low because of two quizzes, and they really don't count for much by the end of the marking period.

Exactly :nod: I could understand if it was an extra credit problem or something (our chem quizzes frequently have extra credit that we wouldn't know how to do unless we read ahead) but putting it on the actual test seems very unfair.

Ugh, that's not good :uhoh: I've made straight A's throughout my school career, but there's been a couple of close calls (geometry last year, Algebra I seventh grade year) and I currently have a B in art :blank:

*internet high five* :awesome:

omg are they #ibelieveinsherlock posters? :awesome:

no not at all :blank:

WHAT DID YOU THINK!!!!

I'm gonna hang them up tomorrow morning when I go runnig befor judo :smug:

Exactly :nod: I could understand if it was an extra credit problem or something (our chem quizzes frequently have extra credit that we wouldn't know how to do unless we read ahead) but putting it on the actual test seems very unfair.

Ugh, that's not good :uhoh: I've made straight A's throughout my school career, but there's been a couple of close calls (geometry last year, Algebra I seventh grade year) and I currently have a B in art :blank:

yeah, story of my life until this year. I've had an A in every single class until last marking period, where I had a B+ in algebra 2. I'm going to sound really spoiled by saying this but I feel like a complete failure because I'm not getting the same grades I used to. At the same time though I understand why I'm not getting A's; it's because the classes are difficult. My teachers rarely give extra credit too though, which is a real bitch.

I did have a good group of friends last year, but since two of them started dating the group kinda split and everyone seems to ignore me nowadays. so i try hanging with other people but they just sit and talk about COD and spend hours on ipod touch games.

omg, that kind of just happened in my circle of friends. Two of my friends really liked each other, but then the girl started dating a guy that was outside the group and now my guy friend hates her guts and refuses to acknowledge her at all. Luckily, the rest of us were able to bridge the gap, so we're all still really close. It's just really awkward. :blank:

Same, everyone makes fun of me for my Muse and Sherlock obsessions, but you know what? That doesn't even bother me. Why should I care what people think about it, so long as listening to it/watching it makes me happy?

Aw that's a bummer. Omg band friends are the best :awesome: People don't quite realize how much of a messed up-family we are. :lol: Where are you going next year? :wacko:

Two of my guy friends absolutely despise Coldplay (and they frequently let me know their opinions of them) and everyone knows I'm the obsessed fangirl, but there's enough people at my school that listen to a few of their songs that it isn't really a problem. Of course, I get teased by my friends, but we're so mean to each other anyway that I just insult them back :P

omg, we are such a messed up family :lol: We're going to Florida :dance: 27 hour bus ride. We'll have to bring lots of spoons . . .

:shrug:

I can't even handle a grade below a 97%, so I don't know what high school is going to be like. :wreck:

Hey, don't let us be your example :P I'm actually probably the least intelligent person in my group of friends (one of my guy friends claims that physics is 'boring' and frequently spaces off in class, yet still makes a 102 for his overall grade :blank: )

yeah, story of my life until this year. I've had an A in every single class until last marking period, where I had a B+ in algebra 2. I'm going to sound really spoiled by saying this but I feel like a complete failure because I'm not getting the same grades I used to. At the same time though I understand why I'm not getting A's; it's because the classes are difficult. My teachers rarely give extra credit too though, which is a real bitch.

I don't think you sound spoiled--you're just not used to getting 'low' grades and it's perfectly understandable that you'd feel upset. Plus, it's better that you go through this now rather than get hit with it in college where it really counts. :hug:

:thinking: Usually there's extra credit on chem, world history, and English II honors tests, but there's never any on my art or Spanish I tests, and we've had one extra credit opportunity all year in Alg II