August 20, 200917 yr On May 5, 2009, the song "Light Through the Veins" from Hopkins' album Insides was released for free on iTunes as part of their Discovery Downloads. This song is also featured as the introduction to the first track "Life In Technicolor" on Coldplay's 2008 album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends as well as the backing for the "The Escapist" which is hidden at the end of the album. Jon worked as one of the co-producers for Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends contributing sounds and various keyboard instruments. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazz7A_tD0g]YouTube - Jon Hopkins - Light Through The Veins (Full 9 Minute HQ Version)[/ame] If this doesn't make you jizz your pants you have no soul. I want more Jon.
August 20, 200917 yr This Jon Hopkins guy sounds very good to me. I think Brian Eno is just...not for Coldplay. Oh god what if he's the producer again? What if he stays forever? :dead:
August 20, 200917 yr This Jon Hopkins guy sounds very good to me. I think Brian Eno is just...not for Coldplay. Oh god what if he's the producer again? What if he stays forever? :dead: :bigcry:
August 20, 200917 yr Author Coldplay's "new sound" is entirely their own fault, not Eno's. I'm an Eno supporter but I want some more Jon fucking Hopkins.
August 20, 200917 yr lol i like what brian eno did to them :smug: i think they enjoyed themselves letting loose and making music in a completely new way that they werent used to
August 20, 200917 yr Author I'm going out to get some lunch with sum fwends. When I get back I expect at LEAST 500 replies, no less.
August 20, 200917 yr haha jon :heart: is cool too i guess :smart: nahhh hes really good but i dont know what would happen with him and coldplay :dizzy:
August 20, 200917 yr Author i like coldplay's "new sound" i just don't like eno. jon = :heart: I like Eno, don't like the "new sound". Anyways you haven't heard any of Eno's other work I'm sure, so you can't judge. lol i like what brian eno did to them :smug: i think they enjoyed themselves letting loose and making music in a completely new way that they werent used to Like I said before, Eno didn't do anything "to" them. Coldplay's new sound is shit because they made it that way, not Eno.
August 20, 200917 yr im going to sleep i havent sleept yet :dozey: :snore: ill be on in a little bit :escaping: :hug::kiss: peace out girl scouts :smoking:
August 20, 200917 yr I like Eno, don't like the "new sound". Anyways you haven't heard any of Eno's other work I'm sure, so you can't judge. Like I said before, Eno didn't do anything "to" them. Coldplay's new sound is shit because they made it that way, not Eno. :shifty: :stunned: :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P!!!!
August 20, 200917 yr Coldplay won awards before Eno came along! But I'm glad that they got to experiment with new music. I really loved Viva la Vida! Coldplay are musically brilliant...you simply can't deny that. They're new stuff may not sound like their old stuff, but it's certainly not shit. *shakes head* I just don't seem to like Brian Eno as a person. I can't explain why. I suppose he is a good producer, though... Oh forget it. I'm leaving this thread before I get pulled in. :escaping:
August 20, 200917 yr Coldplay won awards before Eno came along! But I'm glad that they got to experiment with new music. I really loved Viva la Vida! Coldplay are musically brilliant...you simply can't deny that. They're new stuff may not sound like their old stuff, but it's certainly not shit. *shakes head* I just don't seem to like Brian Eno as a person. I can't explain why. I suppose he is a good producer, though... Oh forget it. I'm leaving this thread before I get pulled in. :escaping: THIS
August 20, 200917 yr Coldplay won awards before Eno came along! But I'm glad that they got to experiment with new music. I really loved Viva la Vida! Coldplay are musically brilliant...you simply can't deny that. They're new stuff may not sound like their old stuff, but it's certainly not shit. *shakes head* I just don't seem to like Brian Eno as a person. I can't explain why. I suppose he is a good producer, though... Oh forget it. I'm leaving this thread before I get pulled in. :escaping: exactly! :thumbsup: :D
August 20, 200917 yr I just want them to get a nice, reassuring producer who will suggest that Coldplay go back to their roots and rediscover their insecure early years. :P And didn't Eno say that Coldplay's sound was too repetitive and that Chris's lyrics weren't good enough? :thinking: I thought that's what he said before he started working with them. I could be wrong, though.
August 20, 200917 yr *gasp* he really did say that :thinking: :cry: meanie.... and yeah i guess so but i think it was a great expierenece to you know just break free of their old habits :shrug:
August 20, 200917 yr And didn't Eno say that Coldplay's sound was too repetitive and that Chris's lyrics weren't good enough? :thinking: I thought that's what he said before he started working with them. I could be wrong, though. He said that?? :angry: I'm not sure I like him anymore...
Create an account or sign in to comment