✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Christmas 2009: Secret Santa - Post a pic if you already received a card :D

Lore

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now I finally had the time to take photos of mine. :dance: I was really happy to get this one ;)

dp26-1.jpg dp26-2.jpg dp26-3.jpg

I really like the stamps. I don't know if we also have such cool ones around Christmas time.

I'm sorry because of the flash, but if I took the photo without it, it would be cloudy.

dp26-4.jpg

And now everything together :D

dp26-5.jpg

so here are the pictures of the cards from Nikki84, i was so happy when thay arrived i was dancing, showed them to all my friends and took them to mass with me:dance::

first this:

Picture002.jpg?t=1262535529

there's gel in that card:stunned: wonderful:D

potscards:

Picture004.jpg?t=1262539897

from the other side:

Picture003.jpg?t=1262539897

this is funny because i sent something similar to this to my SS:P

she sent me some butterflies too, and chocolate:D

and just like RedGirl76 said these cards made it, so hopefully all of yours too, i hope you all get them soon:nice:

Gorgeous cards!!

So.

I'm just going to say this, even though it's pretty obvious.

I think next year, we should all send our cards in October and November or something. :P

ok probably we'll start the secret santa in october so we all will have nov and dec to send the cards :P

To be fair, Lore and I did tell everyone to send them in late November and a several very helpful Coldplayers posted details about delivery times from their local postal service, but there were still lots of people who said they were sending their cards in the middle of December!

I think we sent them matches on the first weekend of November this year, Lore, but I can't remember exactly :confused: I know we did it ahead of our original schedule :smug:

Don't get me wrong, you guys did a great job! :kiss:

I just think we should try to miss the big Christmas mail rush, since I think that's the reason why some of us are still waiting. :shrug:

Ah, that will be a good idea to send earlier so we miss that ;):)

Lore & Alison did an amazing job :)

All the matches were sent out to every participant by early/mid November, so way in advance. They did everything they could and they are definitely not to blame - NO WAY! :cry:

Surely there are some countries where deliveries take longer and people living in 'remote' areas may have to wait a little longer also.

BUT ... honestly I think it's also a bit unfair if people send their cards out only one week to christmas as everyone knows that it will take more than a week to get from South America to Scandinavia maybe or the other way round, esp. given because of the holidays!

Some people said they were too busy with studies aso. BUT these people should have either considered from stepping back from it all when they knew they wouldn't have time for it or BETTER, they should have emailed Lore or Alison telling them they were too busy to send a card in time and therefore maybe finding someone to replace them ;)

Hopefully that makes sense ... :laugh3:

I don't want to come across as mean, but people really had enough time to prepare stuff for it.

If you don't feel like having time for this, better not take part.

Nobody expected a time consuming handmade card/gift/whatever.

I am pretty sure, the people now missing out/still waiting would have loved getting a shop purchased X-Mas card from your country, maybe with greetings in a foreign language and some exotic stamps on the envelope :)

That's what it's all about. And this wouldn't have taken too much time ... :(

Sorry, but I am a bit disappointed.

Not for those who really posted their stuff early and are now tricked by slow postal service aso.

But I assume quite a few didn't even send a card to their match or did it way too late.

Okay, I had to rant ... sorry :embarassed:

All the matches were sent out to every participant by early/mid November, so way in advance. They did everything they could and they are definitely not to blame - NO WAY! :cry:

Surely there are some countries where deliveries take longer and people living in 'remote' areas may have to wait a little longer also.

BUT ... honestly I think it's also a bit unfair if people send their cards out only one week to christmas as everyone knows that it will take more than a week to get from South America to Scandinavia maybe or the other way round, esp. given because of the holidays!

Some people said they were too busy with studies aso. BUT these people should have either considered from stepping back from it all when they knew they wouldn't have time for it or BETTER, they should have emailed Lore or Alison telling them they were too busy to send a card in time and therefore maybe finding someone to replace them ;)

I don't want to come across as mean, but people really had enough time to prepare stuff for it.

I am pretty sure, the people now missing out/still waiting would have loved getting a shop purchased X-Mas card from your country, maybe with greetings in a foreign language and some exotic stamps on the envelope :)

Not for those who really posted their stuff early and are now tricked by slow postal service aso.

But I assume quite a few didn't even send a card to their match or did it way too late.

This was very well put, Kirsten - and I TOTALLY agree!

AND I also want to THANK LORE and ALISON for doing such an amazing job! You are most certainly NOT to blame! :)

SORRY :bigcry: but is sending it on the 14' december to late ? I really did my best to get it in the post office on the right time . the card hasn't arrived my SS yet but it's been 21 days ...

I really feel so bad for my SS :cry:

In my personal opinion, I don't think it's a huge deal if they were sent "late". Yes, it would have been ideal (as the original plan stated) if people received their cards at least one week prior, but I don't think it's the end of the world if that didn't happen. It's the thought that counts, 'tis better to give than receive, yadda yadda yadda...

I'm just wondering how many people completely forgot and/or completely misunderstood what they had to do. :thinking:

Agree 100%

Kudos to Lore and Alison for actually volunteering to organise this whole thing, it can't have been an easy job!

I don't really mind that much that I haven't got one yet, I'm just happy that my SS got theirs on time and loved it :D

FINALLY, I RECEIVED MY CARD :dance: and just in time...just received it a few days before I had to go back to school. If it came it any later, I wouldve had to wait till February to open it! :O

It came all the way from Poland! Thanks Cris84Poland :)

Pictures:

a4mzi8.jpg

2ekneb5.jpg

20udgtc.jpg

And today, I just got word that my SS received her card!!!! If I didnt have classes tomrrow, today wouldve been absolutely perfect ;)

sorry for the big pictures :P

any news from my SS? :uhoh: I'd love to receive my card before summer :lol:

:lol: same here!

I give up on waiting of my card, someday will arrive :uhoh::wacky: Like people say : things always happen when you dont expect..so :wacky: let it happen lol