✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Christmas 2009: Secret Santa - Post a pic if you already received a card :D

Lore

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pics, thanks to sparkle:

dsc02569p.jpg

dsc02570g.jpg

dsc02571x.jpg

dsc02573.jpg

and once again, pic of Will is awesome... my favorite one :sneaky:

So glad it got to you, at least some time after New year. :heart:

Thanks Lore and Alison, this is an amazing project and I'm most willing to do it again! :thumbsup:

Lore & Alison did an amazing job :)

All the matches were sent out to every participant by early/mid November, so way in advance. They did everything they could and they are definitely not to blame - NO WAY! :cry:

Surely there are some countries where deliveries take longer and people living in 'remote' areas may have to wait a little longer also.

BUT ... honestly I think it's also a bit unfair if people send their cards out only one week to christmas as everyone knows that it will take more than a week to get from South America to Scandinavia maybe or the other way round, esp. given because of the holidays!

Some people said they were too busy with studies aso. BUT these people should have either considered from stepping back from it all when they knew they wouldn't have time for it or BETTER, they should have emailed Lore or Alison telling them they were too busy to send a card in time and therefore maybe finding someone to replace them ;)

Hopefully that makes sense ... :laugh3:

I don't want to come across as mean, but people really had enough time to prepare stuff for it.

If you don't feel like having time for this, better not take part.

Nobody expected a time consuming handmade card/gift/whatever.

I am pretty sure, the people now missing out/still waiting would have loved getting a shop purchased X-Mas card from your country, maybe with greetings in a foreign language and some exotic stamps on the envelope :)

That's what it's all about. And this wouldn't have taken too much time ... :(

Sorry, but I am a bit disappointed.

Not for those who really posted their stuff early and are now tricked by slow postal service aso.

But I assume quite a few didn't even send a card to their match or did it way too late.

Okay, I had to rant ... sorry :embarassed:

I agree one hundred and fifty percent. :nice:

Lore and Allison aren't to blame. The postal service is. :dozey:

EDIT: Still nothing here, by the way.

late but worth the wait

I just received a card from my Secret Santa, Chlllll. The Post Office had trouble finding me, but it was defintiely worth the wait, as you can see! I think Chlllll should win a prize for this!

Thank you Chlllll!

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

I just received a card from my Secret Santa, Chlllll. The Post Office had trouble finding me, but it was defintiely worth the wait, as you can see! I think Chlllll should win a prize for this!

Thank you Chlllll!

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

WOoaw!! :awesome:

:gives imaginary price to Chilllll:

^ I know RedGirl76, I was thinking that too. Quite frankly I think they might have to retire LIJ from live performances after the Latin America tour. Seriously, becuase it just wouldn't be the same, there would be this expectation from the crowd and then the crowd would be thinking, "oh, bummer, no pretty confetti". Maybe in future tours they'll do a revamped version of LIJ, kind of like they did with God Put a Smile.../Talk during the Viva tour.

And back to the topic at hand... no card yet.

Thank you Chlllll!

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

im REALLY REALLY REALLY glad its finally there! hard trip! im so happy you like it :blush:

i totally forgot to post a pic of the one i got. i already made mine, and i got a sort of same card from my secret santa, really funny! same ideas, onther side of the world! i will post the pic in a minut

i got mine from akasapple, she almost had the exact same idea as me :P but i love the card sooooo much! full of colors, wondeful to look at and it contained a sweet not on the back! i first didnt saw there were 4 butterflies, because they stick a little to eachother, but i found out 3 days later there was more :wacky: i dont know why but this card really meant a lot to me. heres the pic

p0501102122.jpg

p050110212201.jpg

wow, amazing card!! :awesome:

and Julie, your siggy is amazing!! did you write that? :stunned:

Aww, thank you for saying those sweet words :blush: :hug:

Yes, I can honestly say that I myself wrote the 2.,3., and

4. vers you see in my siggy :nice: I have just wrote them

between 31/12/2009 and 2/1/2010 :D I'm glad if you like

them :nice:

i got mine from akasapple, she almost had the exact same idea as me :P but i love the card sooooo much! full of colors, wondeful to look at and it contained a sweet not on the back! i first didnt saw there were 4 butterflies, because they stick a little to eachother, but i found out 3 days later there was more :wacky: i dont know why but this card really meant a lot to me. heres the pic

p0501102122.jpg

p050110212201.jpg

Aww, they are so sweet...

and genius due to the fact that they are linked together

by the messages on the front and on the back :awesome:

Beautiful card!

I can't think of Coldplay now without thinking of the butterflies... how on earth are they going to top them on the next tour?

:share same thought: :thinking:

At first thought.. Then I will say that they just can't.. :confused:

But hey.. They are Coldplay.. They can somehow! :D :dance:

:share same thought: :thinking:

At first thought.. Then I will say that they just can't.. :confused:

But hey.. They are Coldplay.. They can somehow! :D :dance:

Their mere presence will top anything!!! :D

Now, for all of those who are waiting, I know it's hard, but just be patient, good things come to those who wait...especially when you least expect it! Believe me, I was in the same boat as all of you just a couple of days ago.

Today, I went to check my school mailbox upon returning from the holidays. I was surprised to discover that I had a package waiting for me, let alone from France. Turns out that my secret santa (the person I sent a card out to), vitaamine, decided to return to gesture and surprised me with a lovely package! I can't begin to describe how wonderfully surprised I am, and the gratitude I feel. Here are the pics:

2j3fogl.jpg

for all those who don't understand french, it reads "Best Wishes"

28bbgp2.jpg

any guesses on what flavour the yellow one is??? :P

2wq73wi.jpg

a lovely picture of Mr. Berryman taken by vitaamine at the Parc des Princes gig on September 7th! :sweatdrop:

and the crème de la crème:

9kwd40.jpg

now all together!

9px4kk.jpg

I'm definately going to cherish that shirt FOREVER!!!

A big thanks must be given to Lore and Alison! Slowly reuniting Coldplayers around the world, one card at a time! :hug: