✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

4-Mar-2010: Parque Simon Bolivar, Bogota, Colombia - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

So I have decided to fly down to Colombia from Winnipeg to see Coldplay one last time on their Viva tour - ON MY BIRTHDAY, MARCH 4! As a ridiculously fantastic 25th birthday gift to myself, I'm going to splurge!

One thing - when I try to register for TuBoleta with a username and password, it won't accept my password! I have tried several times with different passwords, no capital lock, no numbers, etc... and nothing works! Any idea why??

Also, does anyone know if it'll be an assigned seating concert, or will there be general admission floor?

Any info is appreciated!!

I haven't tried signing up yet so I don't know about the password thing but I do know that there aren't any seats so it'll probably be like a 2 section thing.. one for people who want to stand near the stage and another one for people who don't mind standing further away.

If you need any help let me know :)

Btw it's great that you chose to come to the Colombian show.. it'll be awesome! :D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

354px-Bogota_%28escudo%29.png

Bogota on sale date moves

October 21, 2009 9:17 am

Tickets now available on Oct 30th

news_line.png

Good morning. It's just been confirmed that tickets for Coldplay's show at Parque Simon Bolivar in Bogota, Colombia will now go on sale from tuboleta.com on Friday, October 30th (rather than Friday, October 23rd as previously announced). For the full list of Latin American shows and on sale dates, please click here.

Anchorman

Hmmm.. this is actually good news. I still haven't saved up for the tickets and I was afraid the ones closer to the stage would sell out by like the 25th :confused:

EDIT: And because I've got so much time on my hands.. I also calculated the average price for a VIP (or best) ticket:

So.. 1900.4 divided by 12 equals..

but 158.400 looks prettier :P

cuento es eso en USD?

no se q me sale mas barato, si ir a colombia donde no tengo donde llegar o a argentina donde si tengo donde llegar pero el pasaje es mucho mas caro.. Cual concierto creen q sea mejor?

cuento es eso en USD?

no se q me sale mas barato, si ir a colombia donde no tengo donde llegar o a argentina donde si tengo donde llegar pero el pasaje es mucho mas caro.. Cual concierto creen q sea mejor?

En USD sería $82.76.

La verdad yo creo que todo sería más barato si vienes a Colombia. No te puedo decir que te quedes en mi casa porque yo no vivo en la ciudad donde va a ser el concierto.. entonces tengo que pegarme un viajesito. Te tocaría pegarte el viaje a tí también si te quedas en mi casa, lo cual te saldría aún más caro :\

Depronto estaría bien considerar una noche en un hotel en Bogotá, de todas formas uno normal no cuesta mucho.

En cuanto a cual concierto será mejor.. no sé.. pero el lugar que escogieron para tocar aquí es muy bonito. Es un parque muy grande y natural en la capital. También creo que el ambiente va a estar excelente debido a que en Colombia se ha esperado la venida de Coldplay durante varios años.. imagínate la emoción :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim%C3%B3n_Bol%C3%ADvar_Park

"Simón Bolívar Park is located in Bogotá, Colombia. The "Central Simón Bolívar Park" is part of a larger group of surrounding park areas, named the "Metropolitan Simón Bolívar Park". This includes El Lago Park, several sport complexes, a museum, two theme parks and a botanical garden. The Bogotá Palacio de los Deportes, hosting many concerts and events annually, is also part of the Metropolitan Park.

The Central Park has a lake in which paddle boats can be rented. Furthermore, there is a large space designed for concerts, holding up to 140,000 people at one time.

The extension of the Metropolitan Park is greater than that of Central Park in New York, totaling around 400 hectares. Currently, both the Central and Metropolitan Parks host diverse cultural and sporting events including Latin America's largest free music festival Rock al parque. On February 28, 2008, it held the most important concert ever in Colombia. The British heavy-metal band Iron Maiden, played there in their first time they went to the country. Although the Park is big, a lot of people thinks that Bogotá deserves another arena for big concerts. The park also hosted a KISS concert on April 11, 2009 before a crowd of over 35,000 people. Also Gwen Stefani performed here as part of her Sweet Escape Tour before a crowd of more than 30,000 people."

Si algo me dices y te ayudo en todo lo que pueda :)

^Muchas Gracias! si veo q esta mas barato irme a colombia.. el pasaje a argentina en esa fecha sale bastante caro.. y quiero ir a VIP, quiero estar lo mas cerca posible.

Si me puedes ayudar con nombres de lugares para llegar buenos bonitos y baratos te lo agradeceria mucho :)

pero ahora lo q mas me preocupa es comprar las entradas antes de q se acaben..

Since TuBoleta is being a real pain in the ass and isn't announcing those prices I went ahead and converted the prices of the tickets already on sale in Mexico and Argentina to Colombian pesos just to have an idea of the ticket prices here...

Mexico - (Foro Sol) 1,150.00 (VIP) equals 165.000 Colombian pesos

-1,350.00 (Great seats) equals 193.000 Colombian pesos

-650.00 (Good seats) equals 93.300 Colombian pesos

-598.00 (Good seats next to acoustic set) equals 85.900 Colombian pesos

How come VIP is more expensive than Great seats in Foro Sol?

more than 100???? that's a lot!!!

I know. :inquisitive: We may pay insanely expensive tickets here for international artists concerts. Some people think it's worth the money but many others don't because that is a lot of money here!! I remember when Björk came, the most expensive ticket was about € 125 !!! ... I payed less than that but still it was a lot of money for me and I would pay that again if she came back. :D

For example, according to aleja conversions 294.300 Colombian pesos which you would pay for VIP tickets (the most expensive ones) in Argentina , in the River Plate Stadium are about € 103... And actually I am afraid that the tickets here will be a little more expensive than in the other countries.

So I have decided to fly down to Colombia from Winnipeg to see Coldplay one last time on their Viva tour - ON MY BIRTHDAY, MARCH 4! As a ridiculously fantastic 25th birthday gift to myself, I'm going to splurge!

One thing - when I try to register for TuBoleta with a username and password, it won't accept my password! I have tried several times with different passwords, no capital lock, no numbers, etc... and nothing works! Any idea why??

Also, does anyone know if it'll be an assigned seating concert, or will there be general admission floor?

Any info is appreciated!!

I don't think there will be sits there... there will be general zones I think, and where they are presenting is a very big space, so you've got to be early if you want a good position in your zone!

How come VIP is more expensive than Great seats in Foro Sol?

I've seen a few places where they charge more for seats near the stage than standing tickets. It's probably because if you've got a seat you don't have to worry about getting there early to be near the band, since it's already reserved :)

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME

can someone read the site and find out how on earth you get your tickets if you live in say... the United States? Can a person from another country even buy tickets?

please please please and thank you!

Alguien por favor dígame

alguien puede leer el sitio y averiguar cómo en la tierra que conseguir tus entradas si usted vive en decir ... los Estados Unidos? ¿Puede una persona de otro país, incluso comprar las entradas?

por favor, por favor, por favor y gracias!

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME

can someone read the site and find out how on earth you get your tickets if you live in say... the United States? Can a person from another country even buy tickets?

please please please and thank you!

I would love to know the answer to this question too! I am from Canada and am planning on purchasing 2 tickets this Friday, but cannot read the Tuboleta website in Spanish, and have read on previous posts that you have to call a number to get tickets?

If anyone has any information, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

The tickets are no longer on sale on tuboleta.com, they've changed it to http://www.ticketexpress.com.co ( http://www.ticketexpress.com.co/conciertos/219-coldplay.html )

You can indeed buy the tickets online and I think you can buy them from anywhere in the world cos if you try to create a new account on the site you'll see a huge list of countries so I'm pretty sure you buy them from wherever you are :)

I would love to know the answer to this question too! I am from Canada and am planning on purchasing 2 tickets this Friday, but cannot read the Tuboleta website in Spanish, and have read on previous posts that you have to call a number to get tickets?

If anyone has any information, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

haha i know right, the translators dont even work when i type in the web adress!

ill see you there lol

The tickets are no longer on sale on tuboleta.com, they've changed it to http://www.ticketexpress.com.co ( http://www.ticketexpress.com.co/conciertos/219-coldplay.html )

You can indeed buy the tickets online and I think you can buy them from anywhere in the world cos if you try to create a new account on the site you'll see a huge list of countries so I'm pretty sure you buy them from wherever you are :)

Thank you so much for the info Aleluvscp! Very informative, I really appreciate it!!!

I do have some more questions though:

What currency are these tickets in? Does anyone else think the prices are ridiculously high? I can justify spending $120CDN on a ticket in a reasonably close seat, but $305? That's quite high! When I went to the Osheaga Festival in Montreal, I managed to get front row, and only for $87CDN! So if anyone knows what currency the tickets are selling in, that would be lovely to know!

Do you think the three different sections are divided by some sort of fence or blockade? I am contemplating sneaking through the crowd during the concert to get to the front, but if there are blockades, no point. :(

You're welcome :)

The currency is Colombian Pesos. It's actually 162.75 Canadian Dollars ...which I do agree is ridiculously high :confused:

I'm already looking for a full time job :lol:

This is the place where they'll be playing... the pic is from a concert by Soda Stereo a few years ago

22.jpg

If you look closely you'll see the platinum section in front. I'm not sure what's dividing it but it looks hard to sneak in to the section ahead.

BTW here's a conversion of all the ticket prices:

Platinum $305.000 = 162.75

$355.000 = 189.43

$395.000 = 210.77

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V.I.P. $172.000 = 91.78

$197.000 = 105.12

$232.000 = 123.80

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preferencia $75.000 = 40.02

$98.000 = 52.29

$120.000 = 64.03

See you soon :)

Ohhh I'm ticked a bit!

I was online 10AM my time to buy tickets, and it said tickets wouldn't go on sale until noon my time. So I get on the computer at 5 minutes to noon, and the $305.000 platinum tickets are already sold out! So I had to pay an extra $50.000 for the same tickets! All because they started selling tickets earlier than stated. Grrrrrrrr.

At least I got my tickets, and I'm going to see Coldplay on my birthday!!