✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MANDO DIAO

psychedelic_clocks

You'll have a great time seeing them' date=' I've seen them a couple of times and they are really good live :)[/quote']

Therese... you were sooo right! :smug:

IMO it was definately the best performance of all bands at the Hurricane Festival! Oh God, they were so amazing and also played three new songs of their new record, coming in a few months. At "Down In The Past" everyone in the audience was singing the song together with the band! I also saw a lot of Swedish people at the festival! An unbelievable experience. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sounded very good! A bit similar to "Hurricane Bar". :nice: God, they performance was incredible! MTV Germany broadcasted their performance live on Saturday and my mum recorded it. I just watched it again! ;)

Hehe, on MTV News they just had an interview with Mando Diao a few hours before Germany-Sweden! They said they would be very angry if Sweden would lose and that would be better for the audience, because they always make the best performances when they're angry!

That was totally true! :)

I'm so sorry for Sweden! I liked both teams but unfortunately only one team could win... :(

What do you think about "The Hives"? I also saw them a few hours after Mando Diao and I really liked their music! I must admit... I've never heard anything about them before Saturday. Sweden rocked Scheeßel! :D

Yeah, it would have been fun to have gone to quaterfinal but still, with all the respect Germany is getting now it's nice to see you are doing so well :) Maybe now people will let go of things that happened 50 years ago.

I used to like them before they got big and arrogant. Saw them a few years back and Pelle is great on stage but not really my thing these days. I didn't know they were doing festivals this year..

Yeah it's quite often... bands become arrogant when they have a lot of success. But I really liked them. :) I will look for a few songs at iTunes.

But Mando Diao was definately the best performance. :nice:

• 1 month later...

Argh, on August 25th Mando Diao's new album "Ode To Ochrasy" is coming out in Germany and am I the only one who is so excited about it? ^^ The first song of the new record is "Long Before Rock'n'Roll" and I heard it a lot on the radio stations here. I like it very much! By the way, Sugarplum Fairy will release their new album one week before. ;)

mandodiaody1.jpg

Watch Mando Diao's video of "Long Before Rock'n'Roll" here. ;)

http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=6569d670-24da-4470-855b-9eea74657f90&delivery=stream (Windows Media Player)

Vote for Mando Diao at MTV TRL...

http://www.mtv.de/trl/videos.php

What would we do without our lovely Sweden?! :P

• 4 weeks later...
*BUMP*

I'm seeing them next Saturday :dance: :dance: :dance:

Gnah... you lucky one! :) I have to wait until November to see them live again. They are touring through Germany together with Dirty Pretty Things and their first performance will take place in Hamburg. :cool: They already changed the location there, because so many people want to see them. I'm going to this event together with 5 friends.

I can barely wait, not only because their new album is a master piece. They really did a fantastic job!

Therese, do you also have "Ode To Ochrasy"?

But you get to see DPT as well and that is just mean :cry:

Not yet, I'm saving to buy some concerttickets, loads great this fall but I'm looking for a download link and then I'll buy it later.. I really need to learn the new songs for the show.

And is it really really amazing?

I can't decide weather to see them a second time later this fall. The gig next weekend is kinda a free one where you just pay the entryfee but the second one isn't..

Hehe, first when I heard that Mando Diao is coming to Germany again I rapidly bought the tickets for the show in Hamburg. A few weeks later I watched the MTV News and suddenly they said that Dirty Pretty Things will tour together with Mando Diao through Germany. Last week I got an email that they have changed the location. ;)

Personally the new album is the best of all three, although especially "Hurricane Bar" was absolutely fantastic. The new one isn't very "snottily" if you know what I mean. They aren't as naughty as in "Bring 'Em In", but instead of that all songs are more melancholic. I also like the ballades like "Josephine" very much.

BTW; I'm very surprised of Sugarplum Fairy's new album "First Round First Minute" as well. It's incredible!

http://www.dirtyprettythingsband.com/index.php/home

Tour with Mando Diao Cancelled

We are sorry to announce that Dirty Pretty Things have had to cancel their support slot on Mando Diao's European tour due to an unavoidable change in the band's schedule. The band sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to those planning on going to any of the gigs and look forward to playing in Europe again soon.

Oh, and I'm mad cause now they've changed their gigdate until Thursday but I can't fucking go then cause I have shitloads of schoolstuff to do :veryangry: :( I was really looking forward to it!

ive only heard Mando diao's song "long before rock 'n' roll" but its great! what other songs of mando diao do you advice?

I would say the most popular songs of Mando Diao are "God Knows" and "Down In The Past". These songs are on their second record called "Hurricane Bar". But I can really recommend their new album "Ode To Ochrasy" (with f.e. "Long Before Rock'n'Roll). Personally it's the best CD I've bought this year. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe I really can't wait until November 7th. :nice:

Dirty Pretty Things should have toured together with Mando Diao, but they have cancelled the gigs in Germany. Instead of them Johnossi (a Swedish artist) and... Razorlight will tour together with Mando Diao through Germany. :lol::P