✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MANDO DIAO

psychedelic_clocks

:cool::lol: Well, let's wait... I can imagine that Razorlight could also cancel their performance. :P I don't have so much fortune this year...

The concert is still not sold-out, they just changed the location. You can get a ticket for 32,25 Euro at Eventim...

http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tinfo.dll?key=mando+diao&I15.x=0&I15.y=0&id=EVE_NO_SESSION&fun=TSearch&doc=funktion%2Ffun_suc

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't go' date=' they changed the day from a Saturday to a Thursday and I had a big exam the next day :( Kinda sucked.. hopefully if I can afford it I'll see them in October sometime.. But I really would've loved to seen them with Razorlight![/quote']

Oh that's sad! I don't like concerts during the week. I really hope you'll see them in October. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever listened to Mando Diao singing Mariah Carey's "I Can't Live Without You"?! :lol:

They did it at the end of this MTV TRL Berlin interview after a gig in Berlin! ;) It's sooo funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3d7bdaMu7g

Haha, I guess they always play this song after their concerts.

By the way, their new website is online now!

http://www.mandodiao.com

They're also touring together with Dirty Pretty Things through UK now! :nice:

Tour dates:

2006-10-11 Malmö Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-12 Helsingborg Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-13 Halmstad Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-14 Karlstad Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-18 Växjö Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-19 Linköping Sweden; Special Guest: Gabriel Munck

2006-10-23 Nagoya Japan

2006-10-24 Kawasaki Japan

2006-10-26 Tokyo Japan

2006-10-27 Tokyo Japan

2006-10-28 Osaka Japan

2006-11-07 Hamburg Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-08 Dortmund Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-09 Cologne Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-10 Offenbach Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-11 Stuttgart Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-12 Fribourg Switzerland; Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-14 Zürich Switzerland; Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-15 Innsbruck Austria; Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-16 Vienna Austria; Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-17 Munich Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-18 Leipzig Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-20 Berlin Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-21 Hannover Germany; Main Support: Razorlight (UK); Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-22 Amsterdam Netherlands; Special Guest: Johnossi (SWE)

2006-11-23 Utrecht Netherlands

2006-11-24 Eindhoven Netherlands

2006-11-25 Luxembourg Luxembourg

2006-12-03 London United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-07 Newcastle United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-08 Glasgow United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-09 Sheffield United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-11 Bristol United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-12 Lincoln United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-13 Norwich United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-15 Folkstone United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

2006-12-16 Oxford United Kingdom; With Dirty Pretty Things

... and Mando Diao's next single will be...

Good morning, Herr Horst! :shocked2:

Omg, I'm very surprised, because it's not one of my favourite songs of the new record. But it's great that's a bit German. :nice: They once met a homeless man in Stockholm and they started a conversation with him. He came from Hamburg, Germany and so they decided to dedicate a song to him, because they accidentally destroyed his bed. ;)

http://www.mtv.de/news/news.php?id=23702

• 3 weeks later...

Gnaaaah, Mando Diao will start their European tour in Hamburg (like Coldplay last year) tomorrow. I'm sooo excited! :nice: Can't wait anymore... It will be the second time I'm going to see them live. Hope it'll be fantastic although perhaps I have to sleep at the main railway station until Wednesday morning. :P But that doesn't matter!

I'm also excited about Razorlight and Johnossi (Swedish artists). Never heard of Johnossi though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasgLQg22xE

Mando Diao - Long Before Rock'n'Roll

i've heard Johnossi before' date=' and they are actually pretty good and promising band.[/quote']

Wow, last night I was listening to some songs of them on mySpace and I'm speechless... Johnossi is amazing! :shocked2: I especially like "Family Values". Can't wait 'til the evening. Sweden is definitely one of the best countries ever! :D

And I also got the car, so I don't have to sleep at Hamburg's main railway station tonight. ;)

Well, just woke up and here’s a short review of yesterday’s concert… :nice:

I started my trip on that sunny day to Hamburg at 2:30pm and of course I had Mando Diao’s new album “Ode to Ochrasy” in my CD-Player. Luckily, there wasn’t as much traffic on the Autobahn as I expected. Later on I reached the Elbtunnel in Hamburg. It’s always an unbelievable feeling when the tunnel is approaching. On the left side you can see thousands of trailers and big cranes (second biggest harbour in Europe after Rotterdam) while on the right side the astonishing Köhlbrand-bridge crosses the Elbe. In front of you there are hundreds of digital roadsigns showing you the way into the tunnel... :nice:

Well, in Hamburg I quickly found the right way to the hall and got a car park only 2 minutes away from it. After meeting another friend who came from Kiel we went to a little shopping centre and I guess there was the smallest Mc Donald’s of the world. :D

At 7pm we entered the hall and waited an hour until the Swedish band Johnossi started to play. I didn’t know them before, but I was positively surprised. After the first gig of this night Razorlight should have performed, but they were double booked behind their back, so they stayed in the UK. First I was a bit disappointed but suddenly my second favourite Swedish band Sugarplum Fairy went on stage. I was like “What the f…?!”. :stunned: I always wanted to see them live and at this moment they were in front of me. They started with “Last Chance” (first song of their new amazing album) and “Marigold” which will be the new single. The crowd was amazing and everyone was jumping, screaming and singing, including me. ;) After that the frontman, who’s the little brother of Mando Diao’s frontman, said that people in Sweden often listen to the following song and suddenly they started to perform “Wonderwall” by Oasis. Nearly everyone was singing the song together with him. It really gave me the heebie-jeebies. :) Then they also played some songs of their first record like “Sweet Jackie” which is my all-time favourite. I thought they will finish with “She” and they did it. Afterwards I worked up a sweat and thought it couldn’t be better…But it could!

At 10pm Mando Diao began with their first song of “Ode to Ochrasy” called “Welcome Home, Luc Robitaille”. I totally flipped out and it was followed by “If I Leave You”. God, I was beat-up just after two songs of them! I couldn’t memorise all songs they played this night, but the very first songs they played were “Amsterdam”, “TV & Me” and “Killer Kaczynski”. I really liked “Good Morning, Herr Horst” (next single), and “Ochrasy” as well. Later Mando Diao was more focused to their first and second album. There was a really tough time afterwards when they consecutively performed “Sheepdog”, “God Knows”, “Down In The Past” and “Long Before Rock'n'Roll”. But I survived! :D I also have to say that they didn’t do any breaks between the songs, so you really couldn’t stop to pogo. They did two encores, including one song my mates and I never heard before. I still don’t know what song it was and I honestly can’t deal with it. :sneaky: The really last song of the evening was at 11.30pm and they did “Clean Town”. Everyone was dancing like in an Oldie-Night or something like that. What an ending!

I was so exhausted and it wasn’t easy to drive back to Bremen, particularly not, because it was very foggy in the night.

What more can I say? It was personally the best concert this year and nearly as good as Coldplay last year, although the music is totally different. I nearly toyed with the idea to go the Mando Diao’s concert in Hannover, but it’s already sold-out.

Tack Sverige! :smug:

The best thing at the end… my digi-cam worked! :D

rimg0022uv3.th.jpg

Johnossi

rimg0039jd0.th.jpg

Sugarplum Fairy

rimg0083ib7.th.jpg

Mando Diao

And finally a short video (1,25 min.) of “Ochrasy”…

http://rapidshare.com/files/2495543/RMOV0063.avi.html

I know the setlist and I wasn't even there ... höhö ;-D

Welcome Home, Luc Robitaille

If I Leave You

Motown Blood

White Wall

Paralyzed

Amsterdam

TV & Me

All My Senses

Tony Zoulias

Killer Kaczynski

Ochrasy

Sheepdog

God Knows

Down In The Past

Long Before Rock 'n' Roll

The New Boy

Good Morning, Herr Horst

You Can't Steal My Love

Chi Ga

Clean Tow

ah, thanks, mr. felix! :nice:

that setlist is really great, I'd say :cheesy: "all my senses", "sheepdog" (:dance: ), "the new boy" and "you can't steal my love" are definitely songs I wanna hear in hannover, so keeeeep that set, please :smug2:

Welcome Home, Luc Robitaille

If I Leave You

Motown Blood

White Wall

Paralyzed

Amsterdam

TV & Me

All My Senses

Tony Zoulias

Killer Kaczynski

Ochrasy

Sheepdog

God Knows

Down In The Past

Long Before Rock 'n' Roll

The New Boy

Good Morning, Herr Horst

You Can't Steal My Love

Chi Ga

Clean Tow

ahh, great!!

I had to check back and see if they played "the new boy" and they did. just realized again that it's such a wonderful song (*points to signature*) - please, I wanna hear it on tuesday... <3

Haha, yesterday I watched a bit of "Wer wird Millionär" ("Who wants to be a millionaire") and one question was like "What is Mando Diao?". I really began to laugh when I saw the question. My mother knew the answer... :D

Ah today is the day...

I wish you all the best for the concert Sarah! God, I would really really really like to see them again. It was such a beautiful evening in Hamburg. :nice: