✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Alan McGee labels Coldplay as 'diluted' ahead of the BRITs 2010

busybeeburns

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll notice that Coldplay was the ONLY artist he gave a reason for disliking, being diluted from past influences. I'd agree, there's nothing wrong with having influences and using that in your music, but only if you improve on it with your own original twist on it, not make it weaker, vaguer, and shitter.

I only read the first handful of comments which were all people asking "Who the fuck cares what this guy thinks?" well clearly we all do or we would've seen the post, his name, and went back to the other topics instead of reading all that and posting about it.

The guy seems like a dink. Anyone who says shit like "Rockstars should retire at 40" is just another nonsensical asshole who realises they probably won't be held accountable for the consistent slab of bullshit they spew out because everyone will forget about it. Coming out with a brand new steaming block of turd if they do remember it is always good as well (Noel Gallagher's the king of this).

There's no consistency about him. How can anyone who likes Glas Vegas really call another band diluted? He likes Robbie Williams new stuff? Whether or not he ashamedly removes himself from it by calling it "Good pop" music doesn't matter, he likes it, the faggot. Rihanna over Gaga? They're both awful.

Guys like this who remember 'the good old days' back when things were happening like Oasis winning shitloads of awards, they forget that there was just as many shitty pop acts in the 90's as there is now. The most popular music during any time frame has always been for idiots, people look back to the 60s for example and remember the Beatles and Rolling Stones, but behind those 2 bands were another 50 knockoffs for each one.

I've known for years that Alan McGee is an ass (who doesn't like Coldplay) and I don't tend to take any notice of what he says anymore however the majority of that article really riled me up. I'm in agreement that this years Brits nominations aren't the best they've ever been but they do mostly reflect acts that have been popular this year.

He needs to wake up and smell the coffee, the days of bands like Oasis etc being top of the pile are gone and a lot more R&B and pop acts are coming through! Deal with it McGee

It sounds like he's the one who needs to retire instead of trying to bash Paul McCartney, I mean FFS get a grip!!!

I wouldn't go as far to say that. It's not 2005 anymore, there's more relevant bands to slate, that old excuse just isn't working.

A lot of people (Such as David Tennant in the clip I'm about to show) feel sorry for the abuse Coldplay get because they're an "Easy target", but why are they such an easy target? Why not U2? Why not Muse? Because they're even shitter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EroXHMA6V58]YouTube- Noel Fielding & Phil Jupitus Destroy Coldplay on Buzzcocks[/ame]