✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Welcome to Room 101

Rabbit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, i need to make a few points here. For starters, that is such a stupid fucking stereotype. I like Twilight and i am not an "emo teenybopper" nor do i sob over the vampires. Sure there are a lot of excessively fangirly Twilight fans out there but tbh it's just really old and boring now how people go on about it like we're ALL like that. Secondly, who are you to say that "your" music doesn't belong on "their" ipods? :stunned: Are we no longer free to like whatever music we like now? If they're just like (for example), "Yeah, Muse rock, Supermassive Black Hole WOOT!" then yeah fair enough, but there are plenty of us who genuinely already liked the band anyway rather than claim to be their biggest fan when they only know one fucking song from them off one of Twilight soundtracks.

/rant.

Aw, here. Have a tissue. *holds box of kleenex* :hug:

I have friends who are Twilight fans. I don't hold it against them. They're reasonable people who happen to like it. They are not the people I was talking about.

You wrote a fairly well-reasoned and articulate entry there. Plus you are here which means there's a good chance you like music for its own sake. You are clearly not one of the people I was talking about.

The people (and their moms) who had no idea what Comic con is but clogged it up anyway standing in line for a day holding 'Team Jacob' banners? And never saw a single thing there but the New Moon panel? The ones who are sending Emilie de Ravin and any blogger who dares mention her name reams of misspelled hate mail because no one is allowed to act with Rob Pattinson but Kirsten Stewart? The ones who have no idea who Lykki Li or Bon Iver are, don't want to, don't really like their music anyway, but will still listen to their New Moon tracks over and over and over because it reminds them of that time Bella was sad...

The ones who blindly do whatever the marketers tell them and then some because they need to because it's Twilight? Those are the people I'm talking about. The ones who make it all impossible to ignore.

There are plenty of overly fanatic fandoms out there. There's a sort of a voluntary code about how conspicuous in the mainstream fandoms are supposed to be over a period of time. Geeks do it for their own protection- when something gets too far into the mainstream it isn't ours anymore, and besides getting picked on ourselves, we're the ones who are going to take the slack for the crazies among us. (There were plenty of times after the Fellowship of the Ring movie came out I wished I could catapult the Orlando Bloom fans into the sun. They were clueless and embarrassing and the rest of us had to share our conventions with them.)

Twihards stumbled into that vein of fandom without knowing anything about it. They went romping into the mainstream blissfully unaware screaming and sobbing at any reporter or journalist who would take their picture. The rest of us heard them before we ever heard about what they were freaking out about. The results were inevitable.

And the tone of the books encourages it. They're like weapons-grade emotion bombs. I took a good look at it all before I made any judgments. I've read all the plot summaries, had a good look and think at it all. I'm saying this as a writer- Mrs. Meyer writes like a fanfiction author. Every single thing has been calculated to have the maximum emotional impact with a good dose of wish fufillment on the side. It's not about what would follow naturally in the plot, it's about what gut feelings want to happen next and the readers respond to it on that gut level.

Emotion follows books. Therefore the books are on my list. Sorry.

His fault? Who? What? Spoiler? What? Tags?! :freak:

=I have no idea what you meant there.

Heh... :embarrassed: Her fault- Cobalt. I thought she was someone else. Whoops. Cold medicine must be getting to me. :freak:

Except for one, the trolls were under spoiler tags and therefore must be clicked for viewing. :inquisitive:

Meh. So what happened to the putting of stuff in some room?

This is boring otherwise. :escaping2: