✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

For Those In The London Area..

maggotbrain

Hi there,

I'm posting on behalf of the Coldplay act Viva la Coldplay. We are doing a show at the Horns in Watford on the Thursday 20th May and would love it if some of you came along. The details of the gig can be found on this page > http://www.lemonrock.com/horns?page=gigs&month=1

We'll be starting at 9PM and it costs £10 to get in (£8 if you book in advance). It's a renowned venue with a great sound and is only a short walk from both Watford High St. and Watford Junction.

I know alot of people are very sceptical about the idea of a tribute act, but we're not really impersonators or imposters of anything like that. We do our bit with the same stage set-up as Coldplay and we dress in the French Revolution theme jackets as in the recent tour, but our main aim is to do the music as much justice as possible. It's a good fun show we put on and we're all enourmous fans of the band, to the point of obsession, and if anyone chooses to come along I believe this will certainly come across.

For those who are interested, this is the set we've been using recently (usually we play 2 halves of 45 minutes). There's alot of stuff we have in the can that we don't often play (usually because alot of our gigs aren't to fans of Coldplay), and if anyone plans to attend and wants to hear something specific, we would love to hear your requests!

First Half

Square One

Lovers In Japan

Violet Hill

The Hardest Part

What If

Green Eyes

Don't Panic

Shiver

Speed Of Sound

Second Half

Talk

In My Place

God Put A Smile

Lost!

Viva la Vida

Yellow

The Scientist

Clocks

Fix You

Our web page is http://www.vivalacoldplay.co.uk and I would love to hear some feedback, whether it be positive or negative.

Gareth//Viva la Coldplay

P.S. I know this is a report from another part of the site, I just got greedy!

I'm sorry to tell that but your voice sounds false a little and you're not in the same rythm.

Not all the time but sometimes, don't take that meanly !

I can't come at your gig because is too far from London ! I should have been here !

But good luck guys ! :)

I'm sorry to tell that but your voice sounds false a little and you're not in the same rythm.

Not all the time but sometimes, don't take that meanly !

I can't come at your gig because is too far from London ! I should have been here !

But good luck guys ! :)

Not sure what that means but thanks for checking us out anyway!

Not sure what that means but thanks for checking us out anyway!

Sorry my english is very awful, What i meant was that your voice is a little out of tone sometimes, and you're not in rhythm, you understand ? Don't know if you do it on purpose or not.

Will you have a concert in July? :D We're a couple of Coldplayers who're meeting then, would be cool to check you guys out!

I see! Always nice to hear about a bunch of Coldplay fans uniting for the love of the cause, nice work ;)

Here's our current gig list if you fancy having a look > http://www.vivalacoldplay.co.uk/allgigs.htm

Unfortunately all our gigs in the month of July are in the North-West of England, which judging by the flag by your username might make things a bit difficult for you! (We've just confirmed a new one on the 24th July in Swindon which is near the South-West, if that helps at all!)

However, if you know of any music venues by where you live/where you're meeting the Coldplayers I will send a few e-mails out and see if I can get VLC a gig. It will give me something to do to while away the lonely hours :snore:

A concert at the first May weekend would be great :D

Agh gutted, unfortunately we're taking the first two weeks of May out from the band so I can do my exams - I'm training to be an accountant (it's a lot less fun than Coldplay, I can assure you). Keep in touch!

I'm still waiting for Ode to Deodorant to be added to the setlist.:rolleyes:

Haha, I'm sorry to have to say this but I fear you may be waiting a while!

ANY other request, for sure! *waits to get a request to play something by the Nappies....*

Ignorin' critics is very artistic... :rolleyes:

well nor is being in a tribute band so i'm at a dead loss there!

in response to your comment, i would agree that the voice is 'put on' a little - our singer (called chris, coicidentally) is doing an impersonation of chris martin's vocals, so what you're hearing isn't exactly our singer's natural voice, but that's the point i guess. very few tribute artists have voices that naturally sound like the original artist, so the name of the game is how well you can impersonate.

also, regarding the rhythm, i'm inclined to disagree on that front. when we recorded our demos (speed of sound and in my place) we played to a metronome. this is something coldplay do themsleves, as alot of the music when played live is pre-recorded, such as the string/synth parts to speed of sound. when you play along to backing tracks you need a 'click' sound in order to keep in time with it. bearing this in mind, it's virtually impossible to go out of rhythm, and considering the level of attention and pedantry we put into everything we do it's quite unlikely anything has gone out of time. i expect what you've heard was intentional!

wanted to try and reply without starting an argument, hopefully i've achieved that! thanks for listening anyway.

I see! Always nice to hear about a bunch of Coldplay fans uniting for the love of the cause, nice work ;)

Here's our current gig list if you fancy having a look > http://www.vivalacoldplay.co.uk/allgigs.htm

Unfortunately all our gigs in the month of July are in the North-West of England, which judging by the flag by your username might make things a bit difficult for you! (We've just confirmed a new one on the 24th July in Swindon which is near the South-West, if that helps at all!)

However, if you know of any music venues by where you live/where you're meeting the Coldplayers I will send a few e-mails out and see if I can get VLC a gig. It will give me something to do to while away the lonely hours :snore:

Wow, it would be an amazing addition to the meet-up to see you play, I'm sure! Well, the meet-up is between the 5th to the 14th of July! Most of us are staying in Palmer's Lodge in Swiss Cottage! I know the Bull and Gate is quite close ;) http://www.bullandgate.co.uk/

I mean Camden Town is close as well :nice: So there are a lot of places to choose from! :P

I don't know how hard it is to get a gig at the likes of the Bull and Gate, the Barfly and the Dublin Castle, but that would be kind of cool to see you guys there! :)

I don't really know any of these places, but they sound good in theory, haha.

http://www.abbey-tavern.com/

http://www.camdenenterprise.com/

http://www.monarchbar.com/

http://www.camdenhead.co.uk/

Hope any of those work out, as I said - would be wonderful to see you live! :)

That is really useful stuff, thankyou very much indeed! Alot of those venues I'd never heard of so I'll drop them a line this afternoon. The problem with London is that it's not really a huge tribute act place, but there's no harm in trying. I may mention that the Coldplay fans are about town and that may give us some leverage :)

Isn't the bull and gate the place were Coldplay got offered a record deal?

Ok imposter Jonny Boy:) Keep up the good work, I enjoyed The Scientist and watching the crowd take over the singing in some parts, your imposter Chris made a move at the piano that reminded me of Chris and how he looks like he is gonna sing, then realizes the crowd is taking over and kinda leans in the direction of the crowd like "Ok you sing it":D Good luck and remember have lot's of fun.

Tracey

Ok imposter Jonny Boy:) Keep up the good work, I enjoyed The Scientist and watching the crowd take over the singing in some parts, your imposter Chris made a move at the piano that reminded me of Chris and how he looks like he is gonna sing, then realizes the crowd is taking over and kinda leans in the direction of the crowd like "Ok you sing it":D Good luck and remember have lot's of fun.

Tracey

Hey Martin fan, thankyou for watching to vid and paying attention to our Chris's movements, I will pass on your seal of approval.. it will mean alot to him! It's a shame the vid quality is poor as that was an awesome show, lots of CP fans singing along the whole way through... and you might be able to tell I enjoyed it alot!

That is really useful stuff, thankyou very much indeed! Alot of those venues I'd never heard of so I'll drop them a line this afternoon. The problem with London is that it's not really a huge tribute act place, but there's no harm in trying. I may mention that the Coldplay fans are about town and that may give us some leverage :)

Isn't the bull and gate the place were Coldplay got offered a record deal?

By the way, why do you call yourself maggotbrain?:confused: