✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's your favourite merch?

i really wanna get an in rainbows t-shirt. i got my girlfriend of the time one instead and she loved it, so if i get a part time job this summer i'll probably get one.

i'm not usually one for merchandise, i'm usually content with getting the music. if i'm ever in the mood for getting something different i get it in vinyl haha, that's pretty much as far as i stretch. i have a cocorosie t-shirt and a daniel johnston t-shirt

tn_WhiteHHTshirt.jpg

the best thing i ever got wasn't official though, daniel johnston drew me a picture and autographed it (as well as mark linkous from sparklehorse too but it edited his signature out of this scan i made of it, though of course it is still on the original)

Dannyj20.jpg[/img]

Meh. I almost never buy shirts because they are usually a bit too short. :dozey:

So I guess these are my favourite things:

380_details.jpg

380_grid.gif

It's holographic and (more importantly) very pointy. :wacky:

d1667054.jpg

It's a tea towel :awesome:

And I LOVE my Radiohead/Stanley Donwood posters, but I guess that isn't merch really. :nice:

You know, the stuff you buy at concerts. What's your favourite?

I love Radiohead's In Rainbows t-shirts, but sadly I don't have one...

I also quite like this Wilco one, which I bought at their show.

117_1607_detail1.jpg

So yeah. I wanna see your favourites.

I have that shirt as well, except it is red. Did they do that design for other tours besides the Canadian one?

I almost never buy concert merch, even though I love it. I don't for the following reasons:

1. That shit is expensive. On what planet should a t-shirt be $40.

2. I do a lot of weight lifting, so I'm a bulkier guy. Those concert t-shirts are meant to fit kids and heroin addicts.

3. I am an obsessed collector. I should never go anywhere near a merch both.

Cos you'll spend all of your money?

Yep. I use a classic example to explain to people how an obsessive collector thinks, and it certainly applies to me:

If I go to McDonalds, and get some type of promotional give away, and the item I received is #4 of 10, I immediately want the other 9. I don't even care what the item is, I just want to complete the set.

The above story is a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

I almost never buy concert merch, even though I love it. I don't for the following reasons:

1. That shit is expensive. On what planet should a t-shirt be $40.

2. I do a lot of weight lifting, so I'm a bulkier guy. Those concert t-shirts are meant to fit kids and heroin addicts.

3. I am an obsessed collector. I should never go anywhere near a merch both.

1. I only buy $40 shirts if I've traveled a long distance to see the band. Luckily bands like Hey Rosetta, Metric, and Wilco are reasonable with $25 shirts.

2. I'm 6 ft, 140 lbs so I tend to look more like a heroin addict :P

3. Ugghh I know what you mean. It takes a lot of restraint.

Yep. I use a classic example to explain to people how an obsessive collector thinks, and it certainly applies to me:

If I go to McDonalds, and get some type of promotional give away, and the item I received is #4 of 10, I immediately want the other 9. I don't even care what the item is, I just want to complete the set.

The above story is a slight exaggeration, but not by much.

That is why I've avoided the Radiohead and U2 re-releases haha.

Woah AWESOME !! :awesome:

I saw it yesterday in a shop , but it was too expensive :confused:

how much was it in the shop? I ordered it for $30, which wasn't too bad.

The way I see it with merch is, my policy on anything music related is that most of what I earn goes into the music funds. It's the one thing I allow: I can spend any amount on music. Whether it's guitar straps, tab books, merch, concerts, or albums. So I don't buy a couple of new pairs of shoes or jeans or make a homemade gift here or there.... whatever. what's most important to me is definitely worth it!

how much was it in the shop? I ordered it for $30, which wasn't too bad.

The way I see it with merch is, my policy on anything music related is that most of what I earn goes into the music funds. It's the one thing I allow: I can spend any amount on music. Whether it's guitar straps, tab books, merch, concerts, or albums. So I don't buy a couple of new pairs of shoes or jeans or make a homemade gift here or there.... whatever. what's most important to me is definitely worth it!

It was 41€ and 1 Euro is 1.3 $ I think

so it was a bit too expensive

and btw , I agree on that second thing you say :D

good grief! that means that strap is like... $55?! outrageous.:stunned:

that's a really cool shirt, btw. *wants* but it only comes in XL!

I only have a beatles cover band shirt, but I'm going to this really old record store that apparently has some good stuff next week. probably will spend far too much money there, but then again, it's in the policy! :D

Then order a large one? :wacky:

It's only in XL

good grief! that means that strap is like... $55?! outrageous.:stunned:

that's a really cool shirt, btw. *wants* but it only comes in XL!

I only have a beatles cover band shirt, but I'm going to this really old record store that apparently has some good stuff next week. probably will spend far too much money there, but then again, it's in the policy! :D

:thumbsup: