✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

(Insert band name here week) Organizing thread

MrMagpie

I think that as long as this is meticulously organized, something really good could come out of all this. Seriously. I will be more than willingly to put time into helping out with it all, should it be needed.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, look at what has happened. So many of the partitioners of the WoM have come together into one thread, and it's all for music's sake. I think that in itself is a wonderful thing to have.

Yeah, that reply was pretty much chockful of cheese, but I don't care, because I love cheese. :wacky:

Well, look at what has happened. So many of the partitioners of the WoM have come together into one thread, and it's all for music's sake. I think that in itself is a wonderful thing to have.

Yeah, that reply was pretty much chockful of cheese, but I don't care, because I love cheese. :wacky:

Ok...cool :thumbsup:

I'm glad you understand. :nice:

Also, I know this is random, but Chris, you made a very valid point about the whole Michael Bublé thing, and after thinking about that, I think you're absolutely right.

Or a Tired Pony/Snow patrol week?

I'm in for a Snow Patrol/Tired Pony week! After all, we have

-5 albums for SP (+1 best-of)

-1 album for Tired Pony

-2 albums with the Reindeer Section

It's about time people recognize the greatness of Lightbody's songwriting... :escaping2:

Who's in?

(btw, a Mew week would be cool too...)

If this will be properly organized shouldn't we request getting a sub-forum or something like that?

Just an idea. Because if there's going to be 14 Beatles threads one month, 7 Radiohead threads the next, etc,. won't that make it harder for people who just want to go into the other threads in the WoM section? Eventually all those threads will add up and probably become a huge mess.

Like I said, just a thought.

I'm in for a Snow Patrol/Tired Pony week! After all, we have

-5 albums for SP (+1 best-of)

-1 album for Tired Pony

-2 albums with the Reindeer Section

It's about time people recognize the greatness of Lightbody's songwriting... :escaping2:

Who's in?

(btw, a Mew week would be cool too...)

I'm totally in, and I second that choice 100% :)

I'm in total support for Blur and Gorillaz!

Damon Albarn ftw.

I'm not a huge fan but, Flaming Lips, anyone? :thinking:

If there is a Vampire Weekend weekend, I'm gonna suggest a MGMT weekend. :wacky: YES, I SUGGEST A MGMT WEEKEND. :wideeyed:

As the section will get messy when a well known band gets yet more promotion, what these should do is promote a smaller band

A week for bands that are not so well known? As in many bands in a week.

/too demanding.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm telling you an Oasis week is going to happen after all the rest. Nothing better than reviewing the most iconic British rock band from the last 20 years! Because if a Blur week is organised, an Oasis one will!

^ ahh where there is Blur, Oasis always has to show up don't they :facepalm: lol =P

I'm in total support for Blur and Gorillaz!

Damon Albarn ftw.

I'm not a huge fan but, Flaming Lips, anyone? :thinking:

If there is a Vampire Weekend weekend, I'm gonna suggest a MGMT weekend. :wacky: YES, I SUGGEST A MGMT WEEKEND. :wideeyyed:

A week for bands that are not so well known? As in many bands in a week.

/too demanding.

Happy to know all my Blur home gurls liked the idea!

And Briggins we DEFINITELY need to be added to the first post. Can we have January? Because in the Blur Week thread almost all albums are signed up for. We have enough ppl to do it. Pleasey.

:laugh3:

But see, we need a Snow Patrol/Reindeer Section/Tired Pony week... to show you how wrong you are to think they suck :rolleyes:

That's YOUR opinion, I'm merely mocking how out of control this band week thing is.

But yeah, I should clarify I don't like Snow Patrol and related acts.

I wouldn't be here anyway, so sorry, I might not be around to mock your fav band's week :(

And maybe a mod can sticky this?
Done :)

I'm not always around to see what the latest is, but if you want you can add a note in the first post asking those folks organising their weeks about contacting me via PM to ask for a boost via Twitter, Facebook, and a link on the main site. once contacted I'll get it done as soon as I can!