✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Brandy's next single is called 'Coldplay'...

Mimixxx

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2003472447,00.html

COLDPLAY have received one of the ultimate compliments in music — another big-selling artist has written a song about them.

US R&B queen BRANDY has penned a number called Coldplay, which she plans to release as a single.

In the track she quotes the lads’ song Sparks from their Parachutes album and tells how she likes to listen to their music.

She sings: “Sittin’ home on a cold day. Underneath the covers like a little baby. Think I wanna hear some Coldplay, especially that song when the man sings, ‘Did I drive you away?’”

Brandy, who says she is a massive fan of the band has sold millions of records worldwide since she shot to fame in 1998 with the hit The Boy Is Mine, recorded with pal MONICA.

The song Coldplay will feature on her new album, out next March, and is likely to be the second single off it.

Coldplay bassist GUY BERRYMAN told me: “We’re very flattered that someone is so into our music that it’s inspired them to write a song. It’ll be interesting to hear how it sounds.”

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

That's cool that you guys are so open, but isnt it pretty obvoius that she is pulling an ultimate name drop just to 1(sell more records 2(get coldplay fans who would not normally buy her record....to buy it....

so sell more records....hey, ya'll are curious.

i don't think it's obvious. i fact, her main fan base probably doens't listen to coldplay at all. it doesn't make sense that she would try to solicit coldplay fans, most of whom probably aren't predisposed to buying R & B, at the risk of an established fanbase. the only level on which it makes sense: she likes the song. even with that, i don't know why she would release that as a single.

let's remember where this was reported: it was in a tabloid. it may be true, it may be false, it may be partially true (like she has a song called "coldplay" but it's not a single).

but anything's possible.

at least she is not gonna slander them like eminem does when he mentions other artists on his songs....

i don't know if slander is the appropriate word. maybe denegrate? either way, i like eminem and don't mind at all that he takes shots at the christina aguilera's of the world.

i don't know if slander is the appropriate word. maybe denegrate? either way' date=' i like eminem and don't mind at all that he takes shots at the christina aguilera's of the world.[/quote']

I like him too... i don't care what he says or about who he sings... i just didn't like what he said about Moby on that song...

Hey this is soooo great!! I love Brandy now because she is probably going to help Coldplay sell more records and expand their fan base. The guys should be so flattered especially when such a big music star pays them the ultimate compliment. I love the song Sparks too that's my favorite. It's so heartfelt. Let's see Justin Timberlake, P. Diddy, Beyonce, it seems like everyone's giving props to Coldplay. Even the people you wouldn't suspect of listening to them.