✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "If you liked X, you'll love Y" thread

hate to sidetrack this thread too much but im curious to know. does this formula work for most people. do most of you find that if you like one band you tend to like another band who have a similar vibe to them?

i love metallica but cant stand heavy metal music otherwise. i love fleet foxes but have struggled to genuinely love the whole indie folk era thats passing through at the moment. the same goes with a lot of other bands im into.

hate to sidetrack this thread too much but im curious to know. does this formula work for most people. do most of you find that if you like one band you tend to like another band who have a similar vibe to them?

i love metallica but cant stand heavy metal music otherwise. i love fleet foxes but have struggled to genuinely love the whole indie folk era thats passing through at the moment. the same goes with a lot of other bands im into.

Most of the time, yes. Although sometimes my friends who like the same music as me have another band on their favorites list that I absolutely hate. :lol:

I loooooveeee Hot Fuss, and I'd have to agree with Violet about Sam's Town. I still love it, of course, but I think it's The Killers' weakest album.

:cheesy:

Really? It's my fave - Day & Age seems to be bordering on pop a bit too much and Hot Fuss isn't really my kind of music. Never actually heard Shadowplay :P

What's wrong with pop?

If you love The National, arcade fire and radiohead it DOESNT MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU LIKE BECAUSE THAT IS THE BEST DAMN MUSIC BEING MADE AT THE MOMENT

:laugh4:

Ahhhhh, The National. :heart:

Sometimes, yeah. I wouldn't say it's like that all the time, though.

Most of the time, yes. Although sometimes my friends who like the same music as me have another band on their favorites list that I absolutely hate. :lol:

Or the other way around.

Like Ivet, for example. We share a lot of musical tastes, but our views on Muse are totally different. One of those sorts of things.

Yeah, Spaceman, Human and Losing Touch are great songs, I must admit.

I've recently discovered Sigur Ros (about time!) and have listened to Takk and Agaetis Byrjun or whatever it's called. I LOVED them! They were fantastic! So, if I loved these, what else will I like?

Jonsi's solo stuff, I like Go by him.

Meh

If you love The National, arcade fire and radiohead it DOESNT MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU LIKE BECAUSE THAT IS THE BEST DAMN MUSIC BEING MADE AT THE MOMENT

at the moment but not ever, it varies.

I usually like stuff that has the same sound to it, except in the case of rap of which the music needs to be exceptional for me to like it.

does it exist?