September 23, 201016 yr As you know, WikiColdplay posted a list of songs that might appear on LP5... Give your list of what you think will be album... With any amount of songs! I'll start it off... Famous Old PaintersDrunks And GunsGardeners On The FrontlineGreat ExpectationsChristmas LightsAlien RadioSpanish RainWedding BellsWondering StarSpace Symphony :) Just my idea of LP5...
September 23, 201016 yr Whenever an album is to be released, I tend to create an image in my mind of what it will be like; the album artwork, the musical styles, the tracks included. Here is a place to post our perceptions of what LP5 will be like, in a more detailed way to the other threads. To start us off, here's mine: FAMOUS OLD PAINTERS Track Listing: - Lucky Sevens (A nice, powerful opener to the album with a catchy riff made big, will fade away into...) - Cartoon Head (Imagine LiT crossed with The Killers' 'Enterlude': a short piece of music with minimal lyrics, maybe one or two beautiful lines repeated over) - Drunks and Guns (Elbowish/I Am Klootish soft voiced song about alcohol, and how it can escalate to much worse) - Sex Violence (psychedelic, spaced out music with distorted guitar riffs, hidden track of Harmony: a Reign of Love style, warm song) - Moses ('nuff said :) ) - Famous Old Painters (This track will be AMAZING, similar style to Violet Hill but imagine more X&Y style synth) - Gardeners on the Frontline (Similar to Postcards from Far Away) - Love in a Lethal Dose/Wedding Bells (LiaLD will be a basic, Yellow-style acoustic track, and will be accompinied by the piano of Wedding Bells) - Spanish Rain (Another great song, I imagine this to sound similar to Strawberry Swing but more basic and acoustic) - Cartoon Heart (Again, in the style to The Killers' Exitlude, it'll start like Cartoon Head but increase in power, til we have something so beautifully powerful to end the album, like LiT) I look forward to hearing what your perceptions will be :) EDIT: Sorry about Will's neck and Guy's hair, best I could do xD.
September 23, 201016 yr I don't think that Wedding Bells, Spanish Rain or Christmas Lights will make it on. Here's my ideal tracklist though. Chris said there would probably be no more than nine tracks, so the slashes mean that there are two songs on a track, similair to "Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love" and "Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant." Cartoon Head is a short introduction similar to the instrumental LiT, whereas Harmony is a hidden track. Cartoon Heart will be the best song they have ever written. :) And forgive the cover, I came up with the idea and made it in like 5 minutes. "Cartoon Heart" 1. Cartoon Head / Gardeners on the Frontline 2. Lucky Sevens 3. Buzz 4. Alien Radio 5. Aiko / Harmony 6. Spanish Rain 7. Wilderness 8. Love in a Lethal Dose 9. Cartoon Heart Wedding Bells would be a b-side for the first single; Alien Radio. :)
September 25, 201016 yr Really? Interesting. I rather like it. You know, this is just an idea, we can't really pick the best title for an album until we've heard the album. Also, the title has to also be the title of a song on the album, and I gauruntee that the vast majority of these songs won't make it on anyway. If there were any chance they would, we probably wouldn't know their names. :P
September 28, 201016 yr Author Merge with Perceptions of LP5 please? Ok :confused: I just thought a fresh start would jump start this topic again :laugh3:
September 29, 201016 yr Here are mine ( some improvised ) Album Title would be : Light in Silence Famous old painters Light in silence Buzz Life Wondering star Goodnight Leftrightleftrightleft Spanish rain Lucky sevens You
June 8, 201115 yr I guess I'll just call the album LP5 for now - seems to work best ;D 1) Alien Radio (I somehow get the feeling it's an instrumental) 2) Charlie Brown (Cartoon Heart) 3) Major Minus 4) Princess of China 5) Lucky Sevens 6) Wedding Bells/ Love in a lethal dose 7) Hurts Like Heaven 8) 1000-1 9)Every teardrop is a waterfall 10)Aiko 11)Us against the world
June 8, 201115 yr On a sidenote, I wonder if Great Expectations will be heard ever...Chris said he was reading lots of Charles Dickens during the Viva era which is where the inspiration for Violet Hill and Cemeteries of London came, so I'm thinking Great Expectations is another Dickens-inspired song and it'll fade with the rest of those Viva songs we'll never hear...
June 10, 201115 yr Let's see: COLDPLAY .. MAJOR MINUS MEDIA (xD) Charlie Brown .. Lucky Sevens / Wondering Star .. Major Minus .. Us Against The World .. Hurts Like Heaven .. Harbringers Of Doom .. Aiko .. Alien Radio .. Space Symphony / Harmony .. Princess Of China .. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
June 10, 201115 yr Let's see: COLDPLAY .. MAJOR MINUS MEDIA (xD) Charlie Brown .. Lucky Sevens / Wondering Star .. Major Minus .. Us Against The World .. Hurts Like Heaven .. Harbringers Of Doom .. Aiko .. Alien Radio .. Space Symphony / Harmony .. Princess Of China .. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall That actually sounds really good :D
June 13, 201115 yr Major Minus Media 1. Hurts Like Heaven 2. 1000-1 3. Charlie Brown 4. Princess Of China 5. Lucky Sevens 6. Alien Radio 7. Major Minus 8. Us Against The World 9. Wedding Bells 10. Aiko 11. Space Symphony
June 13, 201115 yr 1. MX 2. Hurts Like Heaven 3. Great Expectations* 4. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall 5. Major Minus 6. DLIBYH 7. Love In A Lethal Dose 8. Charlie Brown 9. Us Against The World 10. Alien Radio 11. Moving To Mars 12. Arabesque* 13. Princess Of China 14. It Was A Wonderful Day Longer than the usual, I wouldn't put it past them to do it. 14 is generally a good number for albums. :) * - If not the one already listed, then probably a brand new song.
June 18, 201115 yr Major Minus Media 1. Hurts Like Heaven 2. 1000-1 3. Charlie Brown 4. Princess Of China 5. Lucky Sevens 6. Alien Radio 7. Major Minus 8. Us Against The World 9. Wedding Bells 10. Aiko 11. Space Symphony Scratch that, I think Wedding Bells became Christmas Lights.
June 18, 201115 yr ^Yeah I think you're right about that :/ I seem to recall awhile ago the Oracle said that Wedding Bells wasn't gonna be released...
June 21, 201115 yr Yes but christmas lights already got released , i don't think either will be on it .. i'd give wedding bells a bigger chance though , because that one wasn't complete yet.
June 21, 201115 yr Neither Christmas Lights nor Wedding Bells will be on LP5 :( CL was a standalone single, and the Oracle confirmed that Wedding Bells wasn't being considered because its lyrics were incorporated into Christmas Lights
July 2, 201115 yr Author WikiColdplay posted a list of songs that might appear on LP5[/url]... Give your list of what you think will be album... With any amount of songs! I'll start it off... Famous Old PaintersDrunks And GunsGardeners On The FrontlineGreat ExpectationsChristmas LightsAlien RadioSpanish RainWedding BellsWondering StarSpace Symphony :) Just my idea of LP5... My new list... this is not in any specific order... But I've got a strong feeling that the end of "Space Symphony" or "Alien Radio" is the intro to "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" MX / Hurts Like HeavenAlien RadioWondering StarDrunks And GunsMoving To MarsWondering StarMajor MinusSpace SymphonyUs Against The WorldPrincess of ChinaEvery Teardrop Is A Waterfall
July 2, 201115 yr Neither Christmas Lights nor Wedding Bells will be on LP5 :( CL was a standalone single, and the Oracle confirmed that Wedding Bells wasn't being considered because its lyrics were incorporated into Christmas Lights i'm glad that it wont be on the album. i like it but i want new material on the album.
July 2, 201115 yr My new list... this is not in any specific order... But I've got a strong feeling that the end of "Space Symphony" or "Alien Radio" is the intro to "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" MX / Hurts Like HeavenAlien RadioWondering StarDrunks And GunsMoving To MarsWondering StarMajor MinusSpace SymphonyUs Against The WorldPrincess of ChinaEvery Teardrop Is A Waterfall I think it unlikely they will incorporate EP into LP5.
Create an account or sign in to comment