✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I Hate Obama!

Tnspieler1012

Dems massacred. We're a bunch of fucking idiots. We get screwed by one party, so we run to the other who does the same things so we run back to the other party....you'd think people would realize both are the same party with different names.

i agree that basically how it works when we are not satisfied with one party

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dems massacred. We're a bunch of fucking idiots. We get screwed by one party, so we run to the other who does the same things so we run back to the other party....you'd think people would realize both are the same party with different names.

yup... it was terrible w/ bush w/ the republicans, and terrible w/ obama and the democrats.

there should be other parties that have more of a say (but those parties are so small and weak no one would really bother voting)

I should really stay away from this thread, but what the hell...

Obama came on the scene at a time when America's reputation around the world was in the dumpster. He ran a brilliant campaign and therefore gave the media and the establishment an opportunity to say: Look! America is still the land of opportunity, we are still capable of being innovative, where else in the world could you see such a man rise to the pinnacle of power. His story was compelling and we love a good looking young family, so everyone, or rather those that backed him up, ate everything up. Now, comes time to govern and the reality is much different (and let's not forget the opposition). I have no idea how people excepted that he was going to fix everything, but he has not help his case much. How good or bad a president he may be is pretty much debatable, but it's obvious (to me) he is more of a policy wonk in than anything else.

Amen! We need a third party so all involved can stop taking their constituents for granted.

I shouldn't do this but I will anyway :rolleyes:

one of the things I have noticed about American politics is that there is no proper Liberal party. The Dems just seem liberal because their opposition is so very conservative, but if you compare American Dems with the liberal party of another country, they don't seem so liberal anymore.

I should really stay away from this thread, but what the hell...

Obama came on the scene at a time when America's reputation around the world was in the dumpster. He ran a brilliant campaign and therefore gave the media and the establishment an opportunity to say: Look! America is still the land of opportunity, we are still capable of being innovative, where else in the world could you see such a man rise to the pinnacle of power. His story was compelling and we love a good looking young family, so everyone, or rather those that backed him up, ate everything up. Now, comes time to govern and the reality is much different (and let's not forget the opposition). I have no idea how people excepted that he was going to fix everything, but he has not help his case much. How good or bad a president he may be is pretty much debatable, but it's obvious (to me) he is more of a policy wonk in than anything else.

He ran a good campaign based upon lies which are now showing. He has the same core policies as Bush only bigger. This is why he is and will always be a failure. The mentality of if it doesn't work, do it bigger. Bush failed policies were atrocious but doing it more only bigger is not the solution.

for me i rather not identify myself with either party. both of them have their equally bad aspects. I see myself as social liberal/ fiscal conservative.

This is how I feel.

for me i rather not identify myself with either party. both of them have their equally bad aspects. I see myself as social liberal/ fiscal conservative.

me too.

actually recently i changed my political party from independance to "I do not want to affiliate w/ any party".

honestly i don't like to stay on any party lines, but rather vote for the person i agree w/ the most on the issues

i say at least 3... possibly more

Yes. And to your point, I don't think those parties are so weak as much as both parties are very good at scare tactics, and not allowing them entry. They usually don't even want to debate them until everyone is too scared to throw their votes away.

Yes. And to your point, I don't think those are so weak as much as both parties are very good at scare tactics and not allowing them entry. They usually don't even want to debate them until everyone is too scared to throw their votes away.

they are weak... think about it. when the average american goes to vote if they are not confident or don't know about the party, they aren't going to vote for a third party because they know they won't win anyway so they'll either go for dem or rep. because it's the "safe" way to go since those two parties have been in power forever

He has the same core policies as Bush only bigger.

He's pissing off his key supporters on that very issue, I know. Most presidents run into these problems in their first term. I think he's smart, but I don't have much confidence on the people who surrounds him. It remains to be seen how he gets himself out the hole he's digging himself in.

they are weak... think about it. when the average american goes to vote if they are not confident or don't know about the party, they aren't going to vote for a third party because they know they won't win anyway so they'll either go for dem or rep. because it's the "safe" way to go since those two parties have been in power forever

Agreed! But now we're getting to the issue of campaign financing. Those candidates don't get equal time so they can showcase their platform to a wider audience, which would therefore give the people more options.

He's pissing off his key supporters on that very issue, I know. Most presidents run into these problems in their first term. I think he's smart, but I don't have much confidence on the people who surrounds him. It remains to be seen how he gets himself out the hole he's digging himself in.

He can't when his whole ideology is baed upon failed logic. The same failed logic of Bush. Government is the solution to the problem, not the problem. More government, more secrets and more power in his mind are the solutions. But in actuality that is the problem.

I know you started this as a parody of my thread, but I was just wondering is that because you like Ann Coulter or just because you were tired of seeing all the hate threads?

No, I don't like Ann Coulter. I just dislike those 'here's my angry political opinion' threads because they serve no real purpose other than an accepted form of spam. A 'I Hate Bieber' thread is equally pointless so long as the original poster is being serious. This thread is basically a rip-off of reilly's spice girls thread.

I'm not trying to harass anyone about what I deem 'acceptable' :rolleyes: , do what you want, I'm just giving my opinion that its ridiculous to turn the lounge into a twitter feed where everybody shouts their political opinions and only make threads to either express that idea, or to shout at people who disagree.

I could NEVER vote after watching this video:

i found that very interesting.

The only thing I don't get is that he talks about being enslaved and everything w/ voting which i understand, and also being suppressed by the government and what it's done too.

But if we are to break away or change things then how will it be done since voting will continue?

Well ideally as fewer and fewer people vote, the government will be considered just this idiotic side-show that's run by a bunch of busybody losers who are trying to control everybody else.

But voting hasn't really helped anything, while nonviolent resistance has. So the latter is a more effective strategy.

Well ideally as fewer and fewer people vote, the government will be considered just this idiotic side-show that's run by a bunch of busybody losers who are trying to control everybody else.

But voting hasn't really helped anything, while nonviolent resistance has. So the latter is a more effective strategy.

I guess that makes sense, but i find it nearly impossibly for that to happen. I mean even if say people are fed up, then they'll vote for another party to kick the people out.

I just feel that with the current state of the country that in some sense there's no hope. I mean the republicans fucked up w/ bush, and now the democrats are screwing up w/ obama.

And with the increasing debt... I just don't see how the hell things get paid off. I'm afraid of what will happen to the country in general.

I do not want to talk politics or judge presidents when the political system is not so good :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_the_United_States

Well I wonder why the Americans still have no human rights, establishment of human rights?

Indian policy of the U.S. government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_Indian_Affairs

perhaps because they like to stay a slave and not open to other countries. because I was often told that Americans are much settled and not open to the outside world. habits have never had identity is the europe that colonized U.S.

So U.S has no identity.

it makes me think when Bono does not like NY because not have the just fair value

is not U2 streets have no name but NY .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvBsYYE3n3w]YouTube - U2 - New York (Live in Boston)[/ame]

or The Hands That Built America more value

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCAvK2wIEo]YouTube - U2 - The Hands That Built America[/ame]

Obama maybe wants to change this and learn from other foreign governments more open to certain laws and foreign policy but people do not follow.

the disaster that the administration Buch in final you can not even imagine. and when Clinton because it was a good president for the people's private business has castigated.

mentality I do not understand :confused:

is not a messiah but it advances U.S and I love this song for the President

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVi4rUzf-0Q&p=CF787277502A1568&playnext=1&index=7]YouTube - American Prayer - Dave Stewart (Barack Obama Music Video)[/ame]

HS you know I have the American family living in America, but I did not know.

I am a small Swiss who do not understand American politics but much more human rights . So for me the very primitive amerca is why:

because it is still an ideology

American ideology

Republicanism, along with a form of classical liberalism remains the dominant ideology. Central documents include the Declaration of Independence (1776), the Constitution (1787), the Federalist Papers (1788), the Bill of Rights (1791), and Lincoln's "Gettysburg Address" (1863), among others. Among the core tenets of this ideology are the following:

Civic duty: citizens have the responsibility to understand and support the government, per dissipative elections, pay taxes, and perform military service.

Opposition to Political corruption.

Democracy: The government is answerable to citizens, who may change the representatives through elections.

Equality before the law: The laws should attach no special privilege to any citizen. Government officials are subject to the law just as others are.

Freedom of religion and separation of church and state: The government can neither support nor suppress religion.

Freedom of speech: The government cannot restrict through law or action the personal, non-violent speech of a citizen; a marketplace of ideas.

At the time of the United States' founding, the economy was predominantly one of agriculture and small private businesses, and state governments left welfare issues to private or local initiative. As in the UK and other industrialized countries, laissez-faire ideology was largely discredited during the Great Depression. Between the 1930s and 1970s, fiscal policy was characterized by the Keynesian consensus, a time during which modern American liberalism dominated economic policy virtually unchallenged.[10][11] Since the late 1970s and early 1980s, however, laissez-faire ideology has once more become a powerful force in American politics.[12] While the American welfare state expanded more than threefold after WWII, it has been at 20% of GDP since the late 1970s.[13][14] Today, modern American liberalism, and modern American conservatism are engaged in a continuous political battle, characterized by what the Economist describes as "greater divisiveness [and] close, but bitterly fought elections."[15]

Before World War II, the United States pursued a noninterventionist policy of in foreign affairs by not taking sides in conflicts between foreign powers. The country abandoned this policy when it became a superpower, and the country mostly supports internationalism.

ex policy swiss :

Switzerland has a different policy even in end contains has become increasingly faschist but the social right is free .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Switzerland