February 21, 201313 yr Only listened to it once now. Before Your Very Eyes is my favourite. Not too impressed with other tracks. They aren't bad though.
February 21, 201313 yr The title-track is my favourite of the album. Before Your Very Eyes comes as a close second
February 21, 201313 yr I find it interesting that the majority of the people here think Default is blah and they like the rest of the stuff better. I really like Default, so hopefully I don't not like the other stuff. :uhoh: (I still haven't listened to it.)
February 22, 201313 yr Default was okay for a first listen and then got better. But now that the whole album is essentially out, the other tracks blow it out of the water. If I had to rank all of the songs (including What the Eyeballs Did), it would be as follows: 1. Before Your Very Eyes… 2. AMOK 3. What the Eyeballs Did 4. Dropped 5. Reverse Running 6. Stuck Together Pieces 7. Unless 8. Judge, Jury & Executioner 9. Ingenue 10. Default 1-5 are pretty defined. 6&7 could interchange, as could Judge, Jury & Executioner and Ingenue.
February 22, 201313 yr i just bought the limited edition vinyl at a store?! i didn't realise it was out?! im really happy!??
February 22, 201313 yr Jesus thanks everyone for ignoring my question Anyway, they're headlining Exit Festival in Serbia in July.
February 22, 201313 yr Jesus thanks everyone for ignoring my question Assume the answer is no, as its natural that no one would bother posting that they hadn't received it.
February 22, 201313 yr Jesus thanks everyone for ignoring my question Anyway, they're headlining Exit Festival in Serbia in July. Oh shit. I have already planned too many concerts. Will you go?
February 22, 201313 yr Assume the answer is no, as its natural that no one would bother posting that they hadn't received it.Some might have, there are proper flac files floating around the interweb after all. I was just wondering if anyone already had their order shipped, s'all. Oh shit. I have already planned too many concerts. Will you go?Not sure. I need to check out with the agency I went there with in 2011. They were offering really really cheap passes for the whole thing. I'm going to Les Eurocks anyway and I'm not sure I can do another festival in the same week...
February 23, 201313 yr Watch Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich Perform Live in London Last night, as promised, Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich performed in London to celebrate the release of their Atoms for Peace album Amok. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OjhKUlqMI&feature=player_embedded]Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich / Atoms For Peace live @ Oval Space, London, 22.02.13 - YouTube[/ame] http://pitchfork.com/news/49672-watch-thom-yorke-and-nigel-godrich-perform-live-in-london/
February 23, 201313 yr Default was okay for a first listen and then got better. But now that the whole album is essentially out, the other tracks blow it out of the water. If I had to rank all of the songs (including What the Eyeballs Did), it would be as follows: Agreed, "Default" was a poor indicator for the rest of the album. "Judge, Jury and Executioner" stands up a lot better against the others and remains one of my favorites, though.
February 24, 201313 yr My deluxe edition of AMOK arrived! it's awesome! About to give it a spin! That's the vinyl right? My CD special edition hasn't arrived yet. :(
February 24, 201313 yr Agreed, "Default" was a poor indicator for the rest of the album. "Judge, Jury and Executioner" stands up a lot better against the others and remains one of my favorites, though. Judge Jury is good, but not one of my favorites to be honest. Of all the songs I think that Before Your Very Eyes is the best single to choose if they were to do that one. It's catchy and a great song! That's the vinyl right? My CD special edition hasn't arrived yet. :( yeah the vinyl. I ordered it from XL Recordings so I don't know if it makes any difference.
February 25, 201313 yr My deluxe edition of AMOK arrived! it's awesome! About to give it a spin! :surprised: Hopefully it will be waiting for me at my doorstep when I get home today!
February 26, 201313 yr Apparently the singer/rhythm guitar player of Asian Kung-Fu Generation likes Atoms for Peace, too. :awesome:
February 27, 201313 yr So what is everyone's top 3-5 songs on AMOK? Stuck Together Pieces Before Your Very Eyes Reverse Running Default Judge Jury and Executioner (I'm not sure why so many people are hating on the two singles. They're just as great as the rest.)
February 27, 201313 yr Stuck Together Pieces Before Your Very Eyes Reverse Running Default Judge Jury and Executioner (I'm not sure why so many people are hating on the two singles. They're just as great as the rest.) same as you!
February 27, 201313 yr So what is everyone's top 3-5 songs on AMOK? Amok Before Your Very Eyes Judge, Jury and Executioner Stuck Toghether Pieces Reverse Running
Create an account or sign in to comment