✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke+Flea+others)

Dejan

I went looking to buy Amok tonight (on CD) and after five stores, I only found the vinyl. I don't want the vinyl at the moment. I want the CD.

What is wrong with you, mid-sized Texas city? :angry:

If I had time, I totally would. :awesome:

But instead, after calling every store in Amarillo, Texas that carries music with no luck, I gave in and ordered it from Barnes & Noble. It should be here within a week. :heart:

You don't have a Best Buy near you? Since my special edition thingy probably won't arrive for awhile (I ordered it from the AFP site instead of from XL), I decided to get the CD in the meantime. I found it at Best Buy, but it wasn't with the main CD section... it was on the New Releases end cap. There were plenty of copies.

After a few listens, I have no problem identifying my top two: Reverse Running and Default.

I suppose my next choices would be Dropped, Before Your Very Eyes, and Stuck Together Pieces. I need a few more listens to fine-tune the order though.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have a Best Buy near you? Since my special edition thingy probably won't arrive for awhile (I ordered it from the AFP site instead of from XL), I decided to get the CD in the meantime. I found it at Best Buy, but it wasn't with the main CD section... it was on the New Releases end cap. There were plenty of copies.

I called them, and they don't have it either. :sad: Literally any place that carried music (and I mean literally), I called and none of them had it. I even tried Walmart, knowing they wouldn't, but wanted to believe.

Amarillo, Texas sucks. :sad:

Well, this is what you get for living in the panhandle. :tongue:

Joking aside, I understand your frustration. I live in a mid-size town in East Texas, and I've had my fair share of problems finding certain things, too.

Aaaaaahhhhhhh more tour dates! I kinda want to get tickets for Lolla whenever they go on sale, I have a feeling they might be there...

6th July 2013 Zenith Paris FRANCE - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

9th July 2013 Lotto Arena Antwerp BELGIUM - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

10th July 2013 Zenith Munich GERMANY -- on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

12th July 2013 Pohada Festival Slovakia - CLICK HERE for info

13th July 2013 Exit Festival Serbia - CLICK HERE for info

16th July 2013 Rock in Roma Ippodromo delle Capannelle Rome ITALY - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

17th July 2013 City Sound Festival Ippodromo del Galoppo Milan ITALY - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

21st July 2013 Melt Festival Germany - CLICK HERE for info

24th July 2013 Roundhouse London UK - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

25th July 2013 Roundhouse London UK - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

26th July 2013 Roundhouse London UK - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

Aaaaaahhhhhhh more tour dates! I kinda want to get tickets for Lolla whenever they go on sale, I have a feeling they might be there...

16th July 2013 Rock in Roma Ippodromo delle Capannelle Rome ITALY - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

17th July 2013 City Sound Festival Ippodromo del Galoppo Milan ITALY - on sale here 9am GMT Wed 6th March

fuck i can't

I really want to go to the Roundhouse in Camden so that leaves me with three options.

1. Get round to listening to Atoms for Peace. Hopefully enjoy it. Go to a show there.

2. Wait for iTunes festival. Book for something. Hopefully get a ticket.

3. Wait for someone I know I'll enjoy to play a show there.

Bloody hell I wish I was rich enough to just turn up on the day for whatever gigs whenever.

Finally got my copy today! :dance: And it's a pretty interesting story while I was at the record store as well...

When I was at the checkout, the dude running the cash register asked me who's side project it was, and I told him it was Thom Yorke's. "I've been seeing a lot of people buy it," he said. "That's why I asked."

sorry if i'm not making myself clear right now, i'm so tired

I can't get over how great last nights show was! Just so great on so many levels even though they didn't go on until 1am!

The first two openers were okay. They had moments that were really good, but other bits that weren't. I liked the first opener much better. The 2nd one was too experimental at times and there was nothing to hook you in during those moments.

As for Atoms for Peace the show was just so good! Thom sang all of the songs and had backing tracks. I don't remember the exact order of songs but they did:

Ingenue

Black Swan

Before Your Very Eyes...

The Eraser

Atoms for Peace

Harrowdown Hill

Stuck Together Pieces

Amok

Dropped

Unless

S.A.D.

Thom played guitar for Black Swan, Before Your Very Eyes... and Bass for Harrowdown Hill. I was so impressed by the transitions between songs. Highlights of these transitions were going into Stuck Together Pieces, Before Your Very Eyes & Default. Honestly every song was a highlight of the show, but I will say I have a better liking for Default after seeing it performed. It's not as if I didn't like it , but in a live setting it's so good!

I think I like that live setup a lot more than the real Atoms For Peace band

also, who were the openers?

The transitions between songs was incredible, since they were all connected. I kind of wish that Thom and Nigel would release a mix of the entire show

The openers were Arca and Holly Henderson

The openers were Arca and Holly Henderson

It's Holly Herndon. She's quickly becoming a big name.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frmJKaPT5U8]Holly Herndon - Fade - YouTube[/ame]

Same with Arca.

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/unouno/arca-truly-carrying]Arca - Truly Carrying by UNO NYC on SoundCloud - Hear the world?s sounds[/ame]