✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Atoms For Peace (Thom Yorke+Flea+others)

Dejan

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Default was okay for a first listen and then got better. But now that the whole album is essentially out, the other tracks blow it out of the water. If I had to rank all of the songs (including What the Eyeballs Did), it would be as follows:

1. Before Your Very Eyes…

2. AMOK

3. What the Eyeballs Did

4. Dropped

5. Reverse Running

6. Stuck Together Pieces

7. Unless

8. Judge, Jury & Executioner

9. Ingenue

10. Default

1-5 are pretty defined. 6&7 could interchange, as could Judge, Jury & Executioner and Ingenue.

Assume the answer is no, as its natural that no one would bother posting that they hadn't received it.
Some might have, there are proper flac files floating around the interweb after all. I was just wondering if anyone already had their order shipped, s'all.

Oh shit. I have already planned too many concerts. Will you go?
Not sure. I need to check out with the agency I went there with in 2011. They were offering really really cheap passes for the whole thing. I'm going to Les Eurocks anyway and I'm not sure I can do another festival in the same week...

Watch Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich Perform Live in London

Last night, as promised, Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich performed in London to celebrate the release of their Atoms for Peace album Amok.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OjhKUlqMI&feature=player_embedded]Thom Yorke & Nigel Godrich / Atoms For Peace live @ Oval Space, London, 22.02.13 - YouTube[/ame]

http://pitchfork.com/news/49672-watch-thom-yorke-and-nigel-godrich-perform-live-in-london/

Default was okay for a first listen and then got better. But now that the whole album is essentially out, the other tracks blow it out of the water. If I had to rank all of the songs (including What the Eyeballs Did), it would be as follows:

Agreed, "Default" was a poor indicator for the rest of the album. "Judge, Jury and Executioner" stands up a lot better against the others and remains one of my favorites, though.

Agreed, "Default" was a poor indicator for the rest of the album. "Judge, Jury and Executioner" stands up a lot better against the others and remains one of my favorites, though.

Judge Jury is good, but not one of my favorites to be honest. Of all the songs I think that Before Your Very Eyes is the best single to choose if they were to do that one. It's catchy and a great song!

That's the vinyl right? My CD special edition hasn't arrived yet. :(

yeah the vinyl. I ordered it from XL Recordings so I don't know if it makes any difference.

So what is everyone's top 3-5 songs on AMOK?

Stuck Together Pieces

Before Your Very Eyes

Reverse Running

Judge Jury and Executioner

(I'm not sure why so many people are hating on the two singles. They're just as great as the rest.)