✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your least favourite 5 bands at the moment... in no order are...

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, where do you get off?

Why?

I think its interesting to see what a person dislikes rather than what they like all the time. It isn't a crime to dislike a band.

Do you want me to explain my choice?

Hurts are the worst new band I've heard in a long time. They've taken the worst parts of the 80's and rolled with that. Sounds like the effort of an amateur band from the 90's, who missed the boat when it came to be relevant, trying to make the grade and failing.

The National are the least inspiring band (for a band dubbed inspiring) for a long time. Fortunately they have the novelty of a deep voiced singer, which gets a few extra fans and the odd comparison to Joy Division.

Rebecca Black is obviously shit, but I don't find it funny.

Mumford & Sons are another novelty band, this time just some guys playing in an Irish pub (I'm sure there'll be about 50 of these out there) who just happened to make it lucky, and people jumped on the bandwagon. A lot of their songs sound surprisingly similar.

Hurts (again) - see above.

I think a lot of people on this board are too precious when it comes to bands they like. I mean, sometimes it makes me laugh when I see people disliking a band I like, and sometimes I may get a little frustrated why I try to explain why I think they should like them, but when you think about it, who cares?

Nothing wrong with negativity sometimes. Otherwise it just becomes one of those radio shows where the dj describes everything as AMAZING.

I love you :P

:blush: :lips:

Negativity is a wasted emotion. This thread is invalid.

Completely agree. If you don't like a band, don't listen to them- simple as that. No need for an entire thread to complain about how bad a band is. Sometimes, believe it or not, you may piss off their fans (surprising, isn't it? slander someone's favorite band and they may just hate you. :cheesy:)

Do you guys seriously feel offended when someone on here says they don't like a band you like? That just shows that you must be thinking that the person knows more about music than you do and you take their taste more seriously than your own taste. There are only a few people I trust in when it comes to music I guess. I listen to what makes me feel good or sad or whatever. Depends on the situation. I don't really care what anybody else thinks about what I am listening to since I know that I listen to quite much different things. I would take this thread for fun. It is rather interesting to see how there are different opinions about a band than everyone saying a band is amazing all the time. So Yeah what I want to say is: noah and the whale (just because I thought I sshould trust in people on here saying how amazing they are and then getting super disappointed...bored me)

People wouldn't live long enough to slander my favourite bands. :mellow:

or not :|

:awesome:

Do you guys seriously feel offended when someone on here says they don't like a band you like? That just shows that you must be thinking that the person knows more about music than you do and you take their taste more seriously than your own taste. There are only a few people I trust in when it comes to music I guess. I listen to what makes me feel good or sad or whatever. Depends on the situation. I don't really care what anybody else thinks about what I am listening to since I know that I listen to quite much different things. I would take this thread for fun. It is rather interesting to see how there are different opinions about a band than everyone saying a band is amazing all the time. So Yeah what I want to say is: noah and the whale (just because I thought I sshould trust in people on here saying how amazing they are and then getting super disappointed...bored me)

I don't care if they don't like a band that I do, it's when they are ignorant and go around slandering the band wherever they have an opportunity to that bothers me. Which has happened multiple times.

And it bothers me when people are all "Oh, I hate this band because the singer is ugly." or "That band is so gay and mainstream". Or even "Wow, you listen to Muse? Your opinion is invalid".

Anyways.

Negativity is a wasted emotion. This thread is invalid.

Is that a genuine statement? Why ban certain emotions, you Nazi? Experience all of them, and revel in them as much as possible. Live a little. Say if you don't like something, just don't spend your life dwelling on them or living solely by them. I was only gonna make one post in this thread then leave till a later date to post another five bands. But you can't seem to let this go. You are the one with the problem.

I don't even see it as negativity anyway. It's just a critical analysis, though I hadn't intended on explaining my reasons, I hadn't realised that people would be that interested or offended. Are we not allowed to say if we dislike something on a whim? It's hardly the most serious thread. I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, just saying I don't know why they are so popular. me saying that isn't going to affect them as a band.

Get a grip.

Completely agree. If you don't like a band, don't listen to them- simple as that. No need for an entire thread to complain about how bad a band is. Sometimes, believe it or not, you may piss off their fans (surprising, isn't it? slander someone's favorite band and they may just hate you. :cheesy:)

How is it slander? You need to look up the word.

And stop taking things so seriously. It's the internet.

There are bands you won't like. Name a few if you want, or don't. It's up to you.

Rather than saying there's no point in making this thread, when some people have already used it, simply don't use it if you don't want to. People not using the thread is more damning than it then becoming a lengthy discussion.

I don't care if they don't like a band that I do, it's when they are ignorant and go around slandering the band wherever they have an opportunity to that bothers me. Which has happened multiple times.

And it bothers me when people are all "Oh, I hate this band because the singer is ugly." or "That band is so gay and mainstream". Or even "Wow, you listen to Muse? Your opinion is invalid".

Anyways.

At which point did I give any of those reasons for not liking a band?

And saying someone is ugly or mainstream isn't slander. It's an opinion, even if it happens to be misguided. Nobody has ever been taken to court for slander after calling someone ugly.

How is it slander? You need to look up the word.

a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report

Really? Works for me.

At which point did I give any of those reasons for not liking a band?

And saying someone is ugly or mainstream isn't slander. It's an opinion, even if it happens to be misguided. Nobody has ever been taken to court for slander after calling someone ugly.

I'm not saying you did, but I'm saying that people have done that in the past.

And perhaps I was exaggerating a tad, but why does that matter? In the end, my point is that this is just going to become another hate thread that is locked because of arguing like this. I'm not posting in here anymore, I don't feel the need to let the world know that I hate a band. What will that accomplish, anyway?

And before you use the one list I did as an argument, that was a joke. So don't even bother.

Lol, no one is complaining about how band any band is. They just list the ones they dislike the most. No harm in that.

What there truly is no need for is to come onto a thread just to complain about how pointless it is.

Really? Works for me.

I'm not saying you did, but I'm saying that people have done that in the past.

And perhaps I was exaggerating a tad, but why does that matter? In the end, my point is that this is just going to become another hate thread that is locked because of arguing like this. I'm not posting in here anymore, I don't feel the need to let the world know that I hate a band. What will that accomplish, anyway?

And before you use the one list I did as an argument, that was a joke. So don't even bother.

Note the 'AND false'. It cannot be proved that it is false as it is subjective.

And there is only arguing when people cause arguments i.e those who responded.

It won't be locked providing people don't choose to be offended by other peoples opinions which at the end of the day don't matter.

But as you said, let's move on.

I'm toying with taking the last Hurts out of my list and replacing it with James Blunt. I don't see how his voice could get more annoying. It has.

I mostly just in general dislike bands with those screaming vocals that sound like some kind of possessed wild animal because they scare the crap out of me, but no specific artists.

It is quite funny when you see them in person and they are just some weedy white guys with a bright red face.

I remember being at Leeds festival quite a few years ago and they had loads of screamo/death metal bands on, but they came on the bill first so at like mid day or something. Totally the wrong setting. It was hilarious.

I dislike bands with those screaming vocals that sound like some kind of possessed wild animal because they scare the crap out of me, but no specific artists.

I like bands bands with those screaming vocals that sound like some kind of possessed wild animal.

looooool