✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I don't want to die

hotdensestate

Ehhhhh I'm not really bothered about dying myself.

But I'm scared of the pain it will cause my family and friends. :sad:

Yeah that's my thought as well. I don't wanna cause any pain and grief in my family when I'm gone.

I'm more afraid about my family and friends dying, to be honest.

And I don't want to die in pain.

That. I realized this on Monday when all that stuff with my dad happened. It was the first time ever I sincerely thought my dad was going to die. :bigcry:

It is also about losing others you love. I lost my grandfather and two aunts (one of them I didn't know so well though). It's really tough to go through that. Especially when those people play a big part in your lives.

For me what I find is really strange is seeing my parents age. I mean my mom colors her hair so she hasn't really aged much, but my dad you can really see how old he's gotten and different he looks than say 10-15 years ago. It's really weird. At the same time, although I don't want to think about it, it's scary to think one day they won't be here. I just can't imagine that happening even though it will.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If I was given the choice of eternal life I would reject it 110%. I could never bear the thought of me wandering the earth longing for my loved ones and longing for the places I loved. In that way death is rather beautiful and even though I'm not religious I do believe something happens to us after death. But I say to myself I will only be satisfied with death coming after me when I reach 70 odd. Beyond that it's a bonus. But no I think eternal life would lead you to the ultimate point of suffering of which you couldn't get out of.

I am also fearfull of the lose my children will feel after my passing, and not being there for them anymore :-(

I lost my dad when i was 14 and last august lost my mother, and i know how much hurt and pain i feel, i would not want my children to feel this suffering, but sadley i know one day the time will come and i hope they are strong for each other :cry:

I'm terrified of death. Honestly, I suppose I would be upset if I died tomorrow because I'm only 18 and I've never even had a boyfriend, I haven't finished university, had a career...

But I would be dead, so I guess that stuff wouldn't matter. But my parents would be sad (obviously) and I don't know what my twin sister would do without me.

It's song lyrics.

I don't want to die on my own here tonight. Here I lie on my own in a separate sky. - Prospekt's March

or it could be

I don't want to die. Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all!!!!!! - bohemian rhapsody

I used to be terrified of death, but the more I think about it, the more inevitable it has to be. I was watching Inception on a coach yesterday, and had a brief thought about the concept of 'Limbo'; (apologies if you haven't seen it) it's seen as a prison, being stuck down there for the rest of eternity knowing every day you're still going to be alive and you just have to keep going - it'd turn into Groundhog day after a while. Sure, I'm scared of the prospect of dying young for whatever reason, but to me a long (80+ish) and healthy life is plenty enough. Just my thoughts.

What prompted you to start this thread, my dear?

DEEP EXISTENTIAL CRISIS

Not really. I think I just felt like it. haha.

this got a lot more replies than I was expecting too.

and incidentally:

I don't want to die. Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all!!!!!! - bohemian rhapsody

I SEE A LITTLE SILHOUETTO OF A MAN SCARAMOUCHE SCARAMOUCHE WILL YOU DO THE FANDANGO?!?!?!??

...:sweatdrop:

I SEE A LITTLE SILHOUETTO OF A MAN SCARAMOUCHE SCARAMOUCHE WILL YOU DO THE FANDANGO?!?!?!??

...:sweatdrop:

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTNING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME

:awesome:

Also, when I die I don't want to get hit by a bomb. That's like, my worst fear. :| Not that I can choose how I want to die, but you know.