✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

From X Factor to ordinary Joe: McElderry moves back home home after being dumped by Simon Cowell

mc_squared

From X Factor to ordinary Joe: McElderry moves back home home after being dumped by Cowell

By Sara Nathan

Last updated at 10:20 AM on 15th April 2011

As he wept with joy on stage after winning The X Factor in 2009, Joe McElderry believed he had the world at his feet.

But after just 16 months, the singer has been dropped by Simon Cowell's record company Syco, following a somewhat lacklustre start to his career.

The 19-year-old, who moved into an apartment in an exclusive area of West London last year, is now back living with his mother Eileen at her modest terrace home in South Shields, Tyneside.

article-1377000-0B9C95D500000578-475_468x512.jpg Back down to earth: X Factor winner Joe McElderry has moved back in with his mother and is being dropped by his record label

During his time in the competition Cowell, 51, hailed the baby-faced hopeful as a major new talent and pledged to take him to Hollywood to be 'the new Zac Efron'.

Mentored by Cheryl Cole, Joe fast became a viewers' favourite before going on to win in December 2009.

Now the performing arts student has been told his record deal with the label, a division of Sony BMG, is not being renewed.

More...

A friend told the Mail last night: 'Joe is devastated. His mum has been comforting him.

'He believed he could have a great music career.

'Although he is still on Syco's books, his deal runs out in about a month and it won't be renewed.'

article-1377000-0B9CA6A400000578-906_235x482.jpg So much promise: McElderry with Cheryl Cole in 2009 before the dream soured

When Joe won the ITV show watched by nearly 20million, Cowell told him: 'The first time I saw you, I remember telling the other judges, "This guy could actually win". I feel responsible for your success and very proud of everything you've achieved.'

But Joe's early potential was not followed by chart success.

He became the first winner not to top the Christmas chart when his debut single The Climb was targeted by a campaign using a Rage Against The Machine hit to stop X Factor claiming the coveted festive title.

The Climb went to number two at Christmas and only took the top spot a week later. Even though it went platinum, selling more than a million in Europe, his next single, Ambitions, only reached number six, while his third, Someone Wake Me Up, sold just 7,000 copies.

Joe, who last year publicly revealed he is gay, spent time recording in Los Angeles and released an album last October called Wide Awake.

But he has resorted to supporting fellow 2009 contestants Jedward at a free concert in Lisburn, County Antrim.

The 19-year-old Irish twins – real names Edward and John Grimes – finished six places behind Joe but by contrast became a money-making machine, on course to make £3million this year alone.

A source at Syco said last night: 'Simon gave Joe the best chance possible of success by making sure he worked with some of the world's top producers.

'Joe's a lovely boy and it is a pity it did not work out, but no one can say Simon and his staff did not try to make it work.'

article-1377000-0BA2057F00000578-593_468x493.jpg 'The new Zac Efron': Cowell had high hopes for McElderry but is dropping him from his record label SyCo because 'it hasn't worked out'

Currently, Syco still have Leona Lewis signed to the label, alongside 2008 winner, Alexandra Burke.

Meanwhile, last year’s winner Matt Cardle is signed in a joint deal between Syco and Columbia Records.

Last year’s runners-ups One Direction and Cher Lloyd are also signed to Syco, while Rebecca Ferguson is being looked at by other Sony labels within the group.

X Factor winner in 2006, Leona Lewis has sold more than 10million album sales worldwide, has had number 1s in 32 countries and is the first UK female debut artist to get a number one album in the U.S.

Alexandra Burke, meanwhile, sold more than a million copies of her first single Hallelujah. Since winning The X Factor, Alexandra has also had two BRITs nominations for Best British Single, in 2009 for Hallelujah and 2010 for Bad Boys.

Globally, more than 100million records have been sold by X Factor artists launched through the series, including over 90 number 1 singles and albums and 150 top ten records.

The company also still works with Olly Murs, JLS, Diana Vickers and the entire crop of last years finalists on Sony.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1377000/X-Factors-Joe-McElderry-dumped-Simon-Cowell-16-months.html#ixzz1JaXZ9rSW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical of X Factor. The market has become saturated with its "product", most of which is unsustainable in the long term.

Leona Lewis is the only one who has really hit the "big time" by having success in the U.S.

I expect the U.S. version of X Factor will be more successful in that way, just as American Idol has been.

There are probably at least a dozen winners and finalists of A.I. that have gone on to have phenomenal success, such as Kelly Clarkson (internationally), Carrie Underwood, Chris Daltry and Adam Lambert.

More are likely to follow from the current series too.

What's more, I've noticed that the teenage contestants in A.I. are infinitely more mature and "seasoned" than their equivalents in UK X Factor. The gulf is incredible.

The only Male X-factor whom has done well is Shayne Ward, and he's underground.

Which is where he should stay, IMO.:rolleyes:

Another overrated singer who would struggle to make it into the top 12 on American Idol.:dozey:

Let's see what happens to Matt Cardle.:rolleyes:

Typical of X Factor. The market has become saturated with its "product", most of which is unsustainable in the long term.

Leona Lewis is the only one who has really hit the "big time" by having success in the U.S.

I expect the U.S. version of X Factor will be more successful in that way, just as American Idol has been.

There are probably at least a dozen winners and finalists of A.I. that have gone on to have phenomenal success, such as Kelly Clarkson (internationally), Carrie Underwood, Chris Daltry and Adam Lambert.

More are likely to follow from the current series too.

What's more, I've noticed that the teenage contestants in A.I. are infinitely more mature and "seasoned" than their equivalents in UK X Factor. The gulf is incredible.

JLS are absolutely MASSIVE! I'm not a fan, but you can't deny it. And so is Alexandra Burke...Leona's last album flopped as well.

Nothing I bet.

By having a long time between winning the show & releasing an album the public forget about him.

Well he is pretty forgettable, all things considered.;)

JLS are absolutely MASSIVE! I'm not a fan, but you can't deny it. And so is Alexandra Burke..

Only in the UK, and their music is very cheesy.

Incidentally, Shayne (who?) Ward has just been dropped by his record label too.:rolleyes:

By having a long time between winning the show & releasing an album the public forget about him.

THIS

Why do they do that? His biggest fans couldn't remember Joe's last name by the time the album was released. Like I'm not saying I [/i]want[/i] these artists to be successful but from the labels point of view it's a really stupid idea, they've got 3/4 months to make an album before the tour which is more then feasable to create an album,.I'm sure it's got something to do with time issues between the tour and promoting the album, surely they can work around that? If not, fuck it, pull the winner off the tour.

Considering for the most part the songs on the album are either covers or songs wrote by other songwriters it's not the most stressful to get into the studio to put out an album in the first couple months to keep the wave going.

But defo release it before the next series starts.

Well he is pretty forgettable, all things considered.;)

Only in the UK, and their music is very cheesy.

Incidentally, Shayne (who?) Ward has just been dropped by his record label too.:rolleyes:

So an act can't be big or successful unless they make it big in America? I'm glad record labels don't think like you! :laugh3:

So an act can't be big or successful unless they make it big in America? I'm glad record labels don't think like you! :laugh3:

Well at least successful in more countries than just the UK. For example, Robbie Williams is hugely popular in many countries worldwide, not including America.

Amy MacDonald is massive in Germany, as are Hurts.

Even The Nolans were household names in Japan!:P

Cowell the executioner: As two X Factor victors are ruthlessly dumped by the music mogul's record label, why the show only has one winner

By Nicole Lampert

Last updated at 2:48 PM on 23rd April 2011

There could be no better illustration of the merry-go-round way Simon Cowell seemingly conducts his business: as his hugely popular programme Britain’s Got Talent hits the airwaves again, hunting for new acts to sign, two of his reality show winners have quietly been dropped from his record label.

Joe McElderry and Shayne Ward — who won The X Factor in 2009 and 2005, respectively — have recently had their contracts terminated with the record label arm of his company, Syco.

Joe, 19, had been signed with the company for less than 18 months. Shayne lasted five years — although he had spent a great deal of that time waiting for the company to put out his third album.

article-1379702-0BBD3B1A00000578-144_468x385.jpg Sidelined: X Factor winner Shayne Ward (left) pictured with Simon Cowell following a performance on the talent show

article-1379702-078C16EB000005DC-530_233x473.jpg Dropped: Joe McElderry, who won the talent show in 2009, has had his recording contract terminated

Meanwhile, this year’s judges on Britain’s Got Talent, which is produced by Syco, are already hoping to find the company’s next signing.

‘It’s a production line,’ says DJ Neil Fox, who worked as a judge on Pop Idol with Simon.

‘It almost doesn’t matter if one act fails to sell records, because there is going to be another television show with a raft of new acts to sign.

‘Simon Cowell and his record label are harsh. But that’s showbiz.’

One veteran record industry insider — a producer who worked with Shayne Ward — was even more scathing.

‘The way they run the business is immoral,’ said the insider, who asked not to be named because of the power that Simon wields.

‘The whole basis of a show like X Factor is to find the next big talent. But when they do, they use them and throw them away. Talk about crushing people’s dreams. What they forget is that often they are dealing with kids who are quite fragile.’

For Syco, Shayne and Joe are already old news. The company is currently concentrating on its latest crop of X Factor stars.

As well as handsome winner Matt Cardle, whose single When We Collide was the Christmas number one, it has signed up rapper Cher Lloyd and teenage boyband One Direction; the latter auditioned as soloists for last year’s X Factor, but were put into a group by Simon Cowell and have just finished the X Factor Live tour.

Thanks to shows such as The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, Syco is already one of the most profitable record companies in the world. Susan Boyle, who became an international icon when she appeared on Britain’s Got Talent singing I Dreamed A Dream from the musical Les Miserables, had the biggest-selling album of 2009 and made Cowell millions.

More...

New figures show that the music mogul made £32million in just nine months during 2009 — an incredible £128,000 a day.

Working out of his Kensington offices, the company employs just over 30 people but, as one music insider told me, the company ‘practically keeps Sony alive’.

A lot of the record sales Syco boasts are generated by the reality stars it finds through its television wing.

article-1379702-07BB7CEE000005DC-427_468x397.jpg Going the distance: Susan Boyle became a global success after her appearance on X Factor

As well as 50-year-old Susan Boyle — who sold more records than any other artist internationally last year — there is Leona Lewis, a 26-year-old singer from London who became a global star after winning The X Factor in 2006, selling 6.5million copies of her first album. She is now recording her third album in Los Angeles.

article-1379702-0BBC92A000000578-630_233x573.jpg Talented: Leona Lewis is now recording her third album

And Alexandra Burke did not do too badly, with album sales of more than 500,000 — she is currently recording a second album.

Susan, Leona and Alexandra are often used as examples of artists who have had ongoing success with the label when people criticise Syco for failing to deliver on the promises of its shows.

They also cite boyband JLS — who came second to Alexandra Burke on The X Factor in 2008 — and Essex singer Olly Murs as ‘their’ successes, even though they are looked after by another Sony label, Epic; Syco retains only shared rights over the acts.

But for every success there is at least one failure. And things don’t bode well for 2010’s X Factor winner Matt Cardle — so far, the only male act to make it past one album on Syco is 26-year-old Shayne.

Perhaps aware of his own failings when it comes to his male winners, Simon has moved Matt to be under the management of another Sony label, Columbia.

Steve Brookstein was the first of the male winners. For a long time he was regarded as the miserable one at the X Factor party — the one who liked to put a dampener on the razzmatazz of Britain’s biggest television show.

But now, he regards himself as something of a soothsayer.

‘I don’t like to say I told you so, but . . .’ he says.

‘All those millions of votes and Simon is still struggling to find an artist with true longevity.

‘He — well, Syco — chooses the songs for and the theme of the album, but, as far as I can see, it is the artist who is blamed if it doesn’t work. They don’t know how to nurture or properly look after their artists.’

However, the company insists that Syco has a ‘long-lasting relationship’ with its artists.

‘X Factor is a vehicle for artist development and in many cases those who get taken on by Syco have been rejected by other record labels,’ a spokesman said.

article-1379702-01E7DE3C0000044D-688_468x351.jpg I told you so: Steve Brookstein says Syco should take more responsibility if an act doesn't prove popular

‘Syco has probably the best track record in Britain for artists having hits from their first releases.’

Shayne, like Steve, enjoyed instant success after The X Factor — his first two albums sold three million copies, he had two sell-out UK arena tours and was a hit around the world.

But then came Leona Lewis and Britain’s Got Talent, and he was left on the sidelines.

When I interviewed Shayne last year for the release of his third album, although he was still signed to Syco he admitted his frustration with the company.

'Syco chooses the songs for and the theme of the album, but, as far as I can see, it is the artist who is blamed if it doesn’t work. They don’t know how to nurture or properly look after their artists.’

‘I was frustrated and the label could see that,’ he told me.

‘I felt like I was pushed aside. They are such a busy company and there is so much going on; every year there is a new X Factor winner and I felt like I wasn’t a priority.’

After three long years of making the record, his fans were left disappointed that Shayne’s first single was a cover — something Syco has become infamous for.

Neil Fox, now a DJ for Magic radio station, is scathing about why Shayne was doomed to failure: ‘He was fed a rubbish record.’

After Shayne came Leona and then Scottish singer Leon Jackson, who won The X Factor in 2007.

He was dropped shortly after his swing-inspired first album ‘only’ got to number three in the charts.

article-1379702-00F47B3C000004B0-578_224x328.jpg

article-1379702-0010762D00000578-216_224x328.jpg

Out of favour: Tenor Paul Potts (left) was released as soon as his sales showed signs of slowing, while 2007 winner Leon Jackson was also dropped after his album reached number three in the charts

The 22-year-old is still working as a performer and appears to regret his whole X Factor episode.

On his website, when asked about how to start off in the music industry he says: ‘It’s all about the grass roots.’

And then there was Joe. On the show he was the ballad king, but after he came out as gay he had an image revamp and released an album more aimed at clubbers than mid-market X Factor fans.

‘Everyone loved him as a young George Michael, but they made the album something completely different,’ says Steve.

As for Britain’s Got Talent, opera tenor Paul Potts — who won the first series of the show — did amazingly well for the company, but was dropped when his sales showed the first sign of tailing off.

‘Simon became famous himself and his interests went that way rather than on Westlife’

And George Sampson — the talented street dancer who won Britain’s Got Talent in 2008, aged just 14 — lasted little over a year. That was the last time Simon picked one of the dance acts, who have been so successful on the show.

Shayne is certainly not the only one who felt that Simon — who is really the biggest act at Syco — had too many other things on the go to concentrate on his music acts. Last month Westlife — the only act Simon has managed any real longevity with — left Syco.

The Irish band had worked with him for 13 years, starting when he was a humble A&R man at Sony records. But despite their latest album selling 700,000 copies — no mean feat — Syco did not put out a second single.

Last week, band member Nicky Byrne said the group felt ‘unloved’ by the man who had always been their mentor.

‘Simon became famous himself and his interests went that way rather than on Westlife,’ added Byrne, though band member Kian Egan has made comments supporting Cowell.

Simon’s opera act Il Divo, who sold 25million albums around the world, may also be getting increasingly impatient to release their next album. It was originally due for release before Christmas and then before Mother’s Day — the two biggest album sales periods of the calendar — but is now scheduled for ‘some time this year’.

article-1379702-0CDCF27A000005DC-446_468x363.jpg I'm a celebrity: Simon Cowell, pictured here being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey, has become more famous than the stars he helped create

And then there’s Labrinth — a 22-year-old, up-and-coming, singer-songwriter from Hackney in London who produced British rapper Tinie Tempah’s number one hit Pass Out. He became Syco’s first non-reality show signing for six years in June 2010 — he perhaps should take note.

No one doubts Simon’s talent as a music man and television genius. But unfortunately he has not discovered a way of replicating himself — there is simply not enough Simon to go round.

It’s not just his music acts that face competition when it comes to the music mogul’s time. ITV bosses are rumoured to be fuming that he has decided not to be a judge on this year’s UK X Factor, as he is too busy working on the American version.

Cowell’s spokesperson denies that he is too over-stretched to nurture his stars, insisting: ‘Simon Cowell maintains regular meetings with his artists and is kept updated and participates in the key decisions involved in every campaign.’

article-1379702-0BA6E656000005DC-375_468x322.jpg Overstretched? Cowell shares judging duties with Cheryl Cole on X factor. But critics say he may be taking on too much

So, are the difficulties faced by these reality stars all Syco’s fault? No, not all of it. A lot of the problem is down to us, the voting British public, too.

We like someone on the show, so we pick up the phone and vote for them. But just because we thought they sang nicely and we liked their personality, it does not mean we would buy their record.

Indeed, Simon Cowell’s company denies that it has dropped Joe and Shayne to make way for new acts, saying it was purely because they had failed to sell enough records.

‘Both Shayne and Joe enjoyed big success with Syco, which even gave them the chance to appear on X Factor as a promotional opportunity. No other company has the ability to do this,’ said a spokesperson.

‘However, ultimately — even with these opportunities — it is the record-buying public that decide if an artist remains popular.

‘Syco, as a business, has to make a commercial decision, like any other record label.’

article-1379702-0D77942A000005DC-295_233x441.jpg Question mark: It remains to be seen if the most recent X Factor graduate, Matt Cardle, has what it takes to last the course

Sometimes — as perhaps in the case of Leon Jackson — we choose the winner based only on the fact that they were the best of a bad bunch.

Another problem is that, while we love the shows, we often categorise the winners as cheesy, however ‘real’ they are. And because they start off so huge, any perceived dip in popularity becomes a big story.

‘Acts outside of shows like X Factor are given the chance to grow and breathe,’ said one music insider.

‘A credible artist, such as British singer Jessie J — one of the biggest talents around — can have a number three hit in the charts and it is a triumph. But a number three for an X Factor winner is a disaster.’

Other record companies also drop artists, both well-established and young singers. The days of nourishing a star-in-the-making for years are long gone, due to financial restraints — although Syco is certainly richer than most.

For the many male winners of The X Factor, they seem to come with a disadvantage down to nothing more than their gender.

It is certainly harder for the boys when it comes to promotion. Girls get magazine front covers and heart-to-heart interviews in the glossies — boys, on the whole, don’t.

Girls, with the right styling and image change, find it easier to overcome the cheesy reality show image which, again, is tougher for the boys.

The only male star who managed to carve a credible career, despite being discovered on one of Simon’s reality shows, is gay pop singer Will Young.

And this has been credited to the fact that as a middle-class university graduate, he had the confidence to demand that Simon had no control over his record.

So all eyes are on what happens now for Simon’s acts. That One Direction will be huge is almost guaranteed — Louis Walsh, somewhat hyperbolically, likened them to The Beatles.

Doe-eyed Cher, who was mentored by Cheryl Cole on the show, could work.

But the big question mark is over Matt.

Could he be the X Factor winner who actually succeeds where so many have failed?

Eventually, the public will realise that it doesn’t matter who they vote for.

The only real winner is Simon.

I wouldn't say Simon is hopelessly evil like your average ruthless media tycoon (Murdoch) but emotionally he seems detached and thick as shit. He doesn't understand that for people's emotions he's doing them a lot more harm then good. Every year he's taking thousands of people, disappointing them, taking a hundred of people, disappointing them more, taking a dozen people, giving them hope and crushing their dreams, and then taking 1 or 2 people, and giving them a LOT of hope and promise, and in most cases, leaving them absolutely devastated.

In his opinion hes "just giving someone that special chance!" but he doesn't really care about that, he doesn't care if putting people on TV will ruin their life as long as it makes good TV (Taking Susan Boyle out of mental therapy early so she could go back to promoting her album?).

I wouldn't say Simon is hopelessly evil like your average ruthless media tycoon (Murdoch) but emotionally he seems detached and thick as shit. He doesn't understand that for people's emotions he's doing them a lot more harm then good. Every year he's taking thousands of people, disappointing them, taking a hundred of people, disappointing them more, taking a dozen people, giving them hope and crushing their dreams, and then taking 1 or 2 people, and giving them a LOT of hope and promise, and in most cases, leaving them absolutely devastated.

In his opinion hes "just giving someone that special chance!" but he doesn't really care about that, he doesn't care if putting people on TV will ruin their life as long as it makes good TV (Taking Susan Boyle out of mental therapy early so she could go back to promoting her album?).

Which is why Matthew Wright calls "Britain's Got Talent", "Britain Exploits The Mentally Challenged".

Very apt indeed.:rolleyes:

As for the people who go on these shows, nobody's forcing them to do so.

It isn't Cowell's fault there are so many deluded people out there.:dozey:

You're taking the term 'exploitation' as 'slavery', nobodies forcing them to, but they are seeking people who don't have a chance numerically of gaining success from this, giving all of them a large portion of hope and promise, and returning only a very tiny percent with the success they expected. That's exploiting, but it wasn't really about the 'barking mad' ones that Britains Got Talent expose, just generally, it's a talent show that mainly breaks peoples hearts, year after year, because unlike when they try to make it through pub shows or cabaret, they are infront of millionaire celebrities on a bright shiney stage after getting their makeup done. It's all a farce and builds this false sense of hope which is only fulfilled by a miracle, and if they actually DO win the thing, there's every chance their career will be over within a year.

You're taking the term 'exploitation' as 'slavery', nobodies forcing them to, but they are seeking people who don't have a chance numerically of gaining success from this, giving all of them a large portion of hope and promise, and returning only a very tiny percent with the success they expected. That's exploiting, but it wasn't really about the 'barking mad' ones that Britains Got Talent expose, just generally, it's a talent show that mainly breaks peoples hearts, year after year, because unlike when they try to make it through pub shows or cabaret, they are infront of millionaire celebrities on a bright shiney stage after getting their makeup done. It's all a farce and builds this false sense of hope which is only fulfilled by a miracle, and if they actually DO win the thing, there's every chance their career will be over within a year.

Well if they don't realise that after all these years, and all the failure stories, they are obviously in total denial, and therefore, one can have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

In a sense, Cowell is merely taking advantage of their "green eyes" and totally unrealistic expectations.

Maybe it's time they all woke up and got real.

That would be bad news for Cowell, though, as he wouldn't have any shows any more.:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, whether you like him or not, Cowell is a successful businessman, and should at least be given credit for that.;)

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's interesting to see how you can discuss with Mark normally when no one else is around to see it. Remarkable even.

Well if they don't realise that after all these years, and all the failure stories, they are obviously in total denial, and therefore, one can have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

In a sense, Cowell is merely taking advantage of their "green eyes" and totally unrealistic expectations.

Maybe it's time they all woke up and got real.

That would be bad news for Cowell, though, as he wouldn't have any shows any more.:rolleyes:

At the end of the day, whether you like him or not, Cowell is a successful businessman, and should at least be given credit for that.;)

A part of me likes him, probably from being forced to sit through X Factor and agreeing with some of his opinions (Although to be fair he's not doing anything special, most of his opinions are simply fair and biased). As a businessman of course he merits credit, I also read he was a millionaire early in his career with Sinitta (sp?) but had to return to his parents house when he blew all his money, and then restarted from nothing. I mean that's incredible, most millionaires rely on a fair amount of luck, so to do it twice and then build on it, unbelievable.

It's interesting to see how you can discuss with Mark normally when no one else is around to see it. Remarkable even.

The more I know about you the less I want to know. Are you insinuating that I disagree with Mark on forums that are more popular for the 'crowds' pleasure? You're a total nutjob, I bet you're wearing a tinfoil hat right now. It turns out that the entertainment section is the one thing me and Mark do agree on, and we've had discussions about X-Factor, American Idol, panel shows, no problem, but a section which is equally as viewed, the News and Sport, we've had most of our serious disagreements. Do you actually want to explain yourself for once or just give some 'witty' meaningless comeback?

The fact you think someone could care so much about their perceived image on here shows how much you care about yours.

A part of me likes him, probably from being forced to sit through X Factor and agreeing with some of his opinions (Although to be fair he's not doing anything special, most of his opinions are simply fair and biased). As a businessman of course he merits credit, I also read he was a millionaire early in his career with Sinitta (sp?) but had to return to his parents house when he blew all his money, and then restarted from nothing. I mean that's incredible, most millionaires rely on a fair amount of luck, so to do it twice and then build on it, unbelievable.

The same happened to "dragon" Peter Jones. He lost everything and had to start from scratch.

Incidentally, American Idol has been far better this series without Cowell on the panel.

He even admitted this himself in an interview with Piers Morgan.

Both Steve Tyler and J-Lo have been great value so far.

X Factor UK might have problems without him though, as the general standard of talent on that show has been very poor indeed.

How can you take a show that puts the likes of Chico, Jedward and Wagner through to the live shows seriously?

I might not even bother watching the next series.:dozey:

At least the top 12 in American Idol all had a certain degree of singing talent.

Guest howyousawtheworld

The more I know about you the less I want to know. Are you insinuating that I disagree with Mark on forums that are more popular for the 'crowds' pleasure? You're a total nutjob, I bet you're wearing a tinfoil hat right now. It turns out that the entertainment section is the one thing me and Mark do agree on, and we've had discussions about X-Factor, American Idol, panel shows, no problem, but a section which is equally as viewed, the News and Sport, we've had most of our serious disagreements. Do you actually want to explain yourself for once or just give some 'witty' meaningless comeback?

The fact you think someone could care so much about their perceived image on here shows how much you care about yours.

Look sorry for being provocative. In all seriousness why can't you be as good as this or the news and sport section on the other sections?

I'm not always as good as this in this section or the News and Sport section (You may want to re-read what I said because I specifically stated that my worst arguments with Mark have been in that section) it all depends what I'm dealing with, if someone's being reasonable, I'll respond reasonably, if someone's stating their opinion with total arrogance and disregard for the facts, I'll also respond reasonably, except it will be reasonably harsh.

And stop apologising, it holds no weight with me. I'd much prefer that you explain why it's so remarkable that I act fine with Mark in this section and not in other ones, what was the point of your previous post? I have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting an answer to that.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm not always as good as this in this section or the News and Sport section (You may want to re-read what I said because I specifically stated that my worst arguments with Mark have been in that section) it all depends what I'm dealing with, if someone's being reasonable, I'll respond reasonably, if someone's stating their opinion with total arrogance and disregard for the facts, I'll also respond reasonably, except it will be reasonably harsh.

And stop apologising, it holds no weight with me. I'd much prefer that you explain why it's so remarkable that I act fine with Mark in this section and not in other ones, what was the point of your previous post? I have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting an answer to that.

I thought you were offended at some of the things I said but obviously not. So this means if Mark says something you agree with on the WoM section then you'll go out of your way like on here to state so?

Uhm, uh, er, what?! I don't go 'out of my way', I don't have a compulsion to try and be aggressive, if someone's posting reasonably I will respond reasonably. Where did the WoM section come in?

I have a better chance of winning the lottery then getting an answer to that.

I won't be buying a ticket on Wednesday.