✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The called Spanish Revolution movement

The politicians in Spain really only have two choices over the next year:

1. Cut government spending (government workers lose their jobs, which raises unemployment).

2. Raise taxes (private workers lose their jobs, which raises unemployment).

A bad choice to make, but if I were in Spain now I'd rather work for the government than the private sector.

This problem is not unique to Spain, of course. The US, UK, Italy, Greece, etc all have the same issues. If you have savings, buy gold and silver coins.

i doubt many people have much savings, some are surviving on those nearly 2 years now, and that's the lucky ones that kept with the rule of saving as enterprises shall do here, 20% of incomes.

is fun how many taxes we have and we can't skip any, apparently is for the improvement of the country but most us don't see better motorways, schools, hospitals and all that.

many youngsters are considering moving abroad, and public jobs have stopped and the workers got less salary in the last year.

so as i said, i doubt whoever will win elections things will get better in 2 years time or so.

is so sad all that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was said when the controllers went on strike last december, same as the bank bosses which earn like millions when they retire, thought that's a 'matter' only of the investors is said, but thinking each person who have their salary in that bank is a 'investor' is not fair they can't disagree officialy with those amounts the bosses will get, thought let's be fair, many people had been living so up the reality, spending the money they will not earn in a year in stuff one doesn't really need, if homes were already expensive add more expenses will unallow a worker to save up a minimum 20%, so they would have money now to deal with the crises.

as the main phone company which earned much benefit yet they will retire around 2000 workers. :uhoh:

many politicians get this same salary, so far only a retired politician, which our law allow him to keep an office and official car and a vitality payment, has renounced to all that to help the country to recover.

mix with that that the taxes increase (for instance petrol is 20% more expensive than a year ago, that means 10€ each time one do a full charge), and people have no incomes (the 400€ monthly welfare for unemployed lasts just 2 years if lucky).

no surprise people are so angry.

(excuse me for my english if is not so accurate).

btw again today the Plaza del Sol square and underground stop have been closed to not allow the protesters to camp there.

For me it wont be a problem if I ever get laid off, in fact the longer I work the more I will get then I will be able to take advantage of the social care we have here..

It means I will almost get the wage I get now for up to 2 years.. I will go traveling and get someone to sign on for me using a spanish IP adresses as its all done on line...

My point is out of all of this, to try and get some improvement in the spanish ecomany, the politicans need to change the laws despite how painful it may be- otherwsie this will be the general thinking of a lot of people that are here...

Compainies find it all most impossible to sack their workers on certain types of contracts for whatever, and underpreferomce does not count as gross mis coundut here in spain as far as I am aware as at times I am stuck with people who do this all the time as it makes no difference if they work like a donkey.