✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

My brother who isn't as big a Coldplay fan and is wholly unbiased says he loves Hurts Like Heaven studio version. I thought he'd absolutely hate it. Maybe it's just me.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Up in The Flames and A Hopeful Transmission sounds kinda nice, i hope they are the grower kind...

cmuni.jpg

I'm glad they're doing a ridiculous video for Paradise.

The Hype Williams sounded, well how do I put it.....kinda gay.

Because somebody was nice enough to post a streaming link of the album from SoundCloud onto my wall (Thank you, Daniel), I've listened to it once so far. Here's what I think of it at this point.

♦ MX/HLH-I think MX and HLH fit really well together. It's not as good as some people hyped it up to be, I don't think, but thankfully, it's not incredibly offensive. Perhaps I'll appreciate it more with more listens.

♦ Paradise-Now that I've heard this a few times, I'd like to admit that I like the string part in the beginning. Other than that, though, I don't think my opinion of the song has changed much.

♦ CB-I don't get why people like this song so much. I don't like it at all. Chris' vocals just aren't very good on this song.

♦ UATW-Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. It's like "Parachutes"-era stuff with sprinkles of "X&Y"-era in between. I like this one a lot. One of my faves.

♦ MMIX/ETIAW-I don't get the purpose of MMIX at all. I understand it's supposed to be an intro, but it's a very stale one. As for ETIAW, again, my opinion hasn't really changed. It's OK. Just OK.

♦ MM-I know Michael said he didn't feel like it was a good song, but I like it. It's the only pre-released album song I truly appreciate.

♦ UFO-SO PRETTY. <3 I'll say that the end bit kinda confused me, though. It's nice, but I think it's supposed to serve as a precursor to PoC, which doesn't make sense because it doesn't sound like it. It doesn't fit.

♦ PoC-As far as Coldplay goes, not very good. As far as Rihanna goes, it's surprisingly awesome. I wish her music sounded more like that. I'd probably listen to it if it did. I know this probably doesn't make sense, but it's so much more Rihanna than Coldplay. Given that Rihanna is supposed to be a feature and not the main point, that's kind of a fail on Coldplay's part.

♦ UiF-The drum beat confused me at first. Then, the piano and Chris came in; it made sense, and I was OK with it. Then the chorus started. OMFG, I HATE THE CHORUS. I wish they'd have done something different with it. Chris' falsetto doesn't work there at all.

♦ AHT/DLIBYH-The titles may be kinda dumb, but I love this. I do. AHT is beautiful, and it segues right into this wall of gorgeous sound. I'm happy with this.

♦ UWTB-...You guys closed with this? Really? How sad for you. This makes me wish I had just stopped with DLIBYH. Between the acoustic piano/guitar and the really weird noises (like the whooshing or whatever it is), it sounds like Coldplay couldn't make up their mind as to how they wanted it to sound, so they just compromised and made a poorly executed combination of the two styles.

There were a few things I enjoyed, but as a whole, this album made me feel very indifferent. I can't say I'm surprised by what I heard, but at the same time, I can't help but feel down about it. :sad:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I've just finished listening to Noel Gallagher's solo record. If you don't like Mylo Xyloto try something a bit more san in Noel's effort! Brilliant!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yeah, I think I've heard "If I Had a Gun" once. I'll go listen to it now. :escaping:

ETA: OK, yeah, I really like this. :wacky:

Try AKA...Broken Arrow! It's IMMENSE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCW0UJ6mtdI]Noel Gallagher - AKA... Broken Arrow - YouTube[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
Noel is a genius, Coldplay is a great band (My 2nd fav) but there are no genius there.

Did you guys now that the High Flying Birds was made without him writing down the songs? He said he just kept they in his "brain".

Yeah. You can see why George Martin called him the best songwriter of his generation. I like Noel more than I like Oasis.

Yeah. You can see why George Martin called him the best songwriter of his generation. I like Noel more than I like Oasis.

In the begining i liked noel more than oasis, but now i love oasis more than any band :) And is like Noel said:

"Ill not start a new band, i was in the best band ever. There is no higher than that."

I like Liam almost as much as i like Noel.