✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Um sorry guys but I'm on the fifth song and this album is good so far. Jonny learned how to play guitar and everything. I mean it sounds just like The Edge but The Edge is a really good guitarist so fuck off.

Us Against the World blows though, because it's acoustic, and honestly, I don't feel like they can pull off acoustic songs anymore -- though that could just be because my taste has changed to not even appreciate their good earlier acoustic work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I just need better headphones and 320 kbps, but I'm seriously not hearing any bass.

I use $200 professional headphones and I still can't hear any bass in most of it, unfortunately. :shame:

There are only about 3 songs on this album that I really, really like or love. There are a few that I think aren't too bad, and the rest is kind've a train wreck.

And that's really a huge disappointment for a band with so much potential.

Anyway, I wrote a ginormous review on Tumblr if anyone wants to read it.

http://exilemoon.tumblr.com/post/11588118891/mylo-xyloto-a-ridiculously-long-review

Why would you not even bother listening to it? That's even stupider than it is to immediately rate it a 10/10 without a thought. What, you opt to just assume it's awful without even listening? Even if you think the final versions of the songs that have been released officially are pretty bad, there are still several others. I haven't listened to it yet because I figure I'd just wait since I'll be getting the mp3 when it officially comes out, but even I know how dumb it is to just decide not to listen to something because you think it will be bad.

I use $200 professional headphones and I still can't hear any bass in most of it, unfortunately. :shame:

Wait for the official release. The leak file has poo for bass. Listen to a couple of the songs as they were officially posted on coldplay.com versus the leak file; there's a big difference in the bass.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Heard a couple of songs from the leak. The quality is fucking abysmal. Might as well have had polystyrene cups for earphones.

There are only about 3 songs on this album that I really, really like or love. There are a few that I think aren't too bad, and the rest is kind've a train wreck.

And that's really a huge disappointment for a band with so much potential.

Anyway, I wrote a ginormous review on Tumblr if anyone wants to read it.

http://exilemoon.tumblr.com/post/11588118891/mylo-xyloto-a-ridiculously-long-review

Awww, Christina. :sad: :hug:

The album is really pretty good if you skip Paradise and make it through the mess that is DLIBYH.

Hurts Like Heaven is one of their best songs. It's like they finally realized you can do stuff in the studio besides add synth! And then Paradise blows that notion out of the water. Aye.

Read your whole review. Agree with almost every bit, except I still can't stand Major Minus after all the time.

I'm glad we'll both be spending our money next year on other bands' concerts. Bands who both charge less outrageous prices and still cater to their most loyal fans.

Read your whole review. Agree with almost every bit, except I still can't stand Major Minus after all the time.

I'm glad we'll both be spending our money next year on other bands' concerts. Bands who both charge less outrageous prices and still cater to their most loyal fans.

Thanks for reading, and I can completely understand that. :nice:

And amen to that.

Like I've said, I'll still see them if they're at a festival I'm attending (assuming there isn't an amazing act playing opposite them, unlike at Lolla where I totally skipped Coldplay and have no regrets) because at least there's plenty of other acts I can catch who are worth my money. But at their standard arena/stadium shows? Forget it.

Agreed. I'd still love to hear the old songs live but I'm not going to pay $100 when it's mostly these songs... which are made up of 99% backing tracks when played live. Might as well just listen to the CD.

EDIT: And I've played this album for basically all my friends, and most of them had a seriously hard time believing it was Coldplay. :sad:. It's just so sad. What an unbelievable collapse.