✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Discuss.

Frankly I am terrified to go into the Coldplay section. This part of the forum isn't as fangirl crazy as other parts of the forum.

What do people think of the lyrics?

They seem like a high school poem or something.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just considering the lyrics, it looks like a Bieber song for me, those songs work for a 15 year old boy but not for a band like Coldplay.

The artwork is ugly, I could do something better using MS Paint and I'm not even talented :lol:

And the pictures, it looks photoshopped and fake, I don't like it. I wish they could keep it simple.

They're trying too hard.

Lyrics look not too great, but I'm waiting for the song to listen to it

Don't care too much about the outfits, they're a bit better than the Viva ones though I think

The artwork... why, mang? It doesn't even give you much to look at, in a bad way. Cluttered background means your eyes aren't drawn to anywhere in a nice flow, it's just here there and everywhere, with some text with that annoyingly overused blocky style. Look I know they're not artists, but these are basic things to keep in mind...

The lyrics are horrendous.

Their getup makes them look ridiculous.

The artwork is meh... the typography looks stupid.

so overall... they've lowered my expectations even further (and I haven't even heard the song yet! :lol:)

:nod:

they look stupid except for jonny(just coz he's hot)

I thought teardrops are supposed to symbolize sadness or something, then that artwork really defies it. I do not like the artwork.

I think that if Chris Martin could write lyrics as good as those of say, Amsterdam, he could have done a better job than 'I got my records on'.

But I also think that sometimes lyrics may sound stupid without the music, so perhaps the music and it would fit and make the lyrics uhhh, seem better.

Glad you started this thread in the WoM section, Briggins.

Also I think the title of the song is pretty stupid too. What does that even mean anyway :lol:

Something of little (effect/substance/weight/importance?) really has big (effect/substance/weight/importance?) I am guessing

Guest howyousawtheworld
Also I think the title of the song is pretty stupid too. What does that even mean anyway :lol:

I would admit the title sounds cheesy. I said last night that it sounded like a title of a song you'd hear sung in a 1940s Disney film. I have been disappointed with Coldplay before but strangely that was with Parachutes. I thought years back it was nothing special and today I still see it as nothing special.

But AROBTTH is the watermark for this album. I have high expectations for this one unlike VLV which when I listened found it was fantastic after fearing they might go downhill after X&Y despite my personal attachment to that album. It will be hard for them to better AROBTTH in my opinion but it's there to be bettered and I hope they do it with this album.

It's official: Coldplay is for gays now.

blow job much?

MAYBE I'M IN THE BLACK, MAYBE I'M ON MY KNEES

MAYBE I'M IN THE GAP BETWEEN THE TWO TRAPEZES

BUT MY HEART IS BEATING AND MY PULSES START

CATHEDRALS IN MY HEART

blow job much?

CATHEDRALS IN MY HEART

:laugh3:

chris martin was always gay

and they are having midlife crsis 6 years early with them all wearing bright colours

The only thing I've really seen is the album art, which is godawful. Thankfully, I don't judge a song by its cover art, and I'm reserving judgment of anything until after I hear the song, whenever that is.

As far as the outfits, even if I had seen them, I probably could care less.

blow job much?

CATHEDRALS IN MY HEART

:laugh3:

I've been sticking to my Twitter to mock them. I've posted only a handful snide remarks in the Coldplay section the last few days. Haven't checked up on the responses but I tried not to be too mean.

Aw, screw it.

HEY, MR. MARTIN? YOUR WORDPLAY ISN'T CLEVER. STOP THINKING YOU'RE CLEVER. YOU MIGHT BE A BIG FISH IN A LITTLE POND? WHERE DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT "BRILLIANCE"? IN YOUR HEAD? THE SAME PLACE WHERE THOSE WHO ARE DEAD ARE NOT DEAD AND ARE LIVING?

I do have to congratulate Chris, however, on having the least gay outfit of the four this time. It's still kinda gay.

I say this but I'll have the single and album on repeat constantly, then hate it a year later like I did with Viva. Why am I so stupid?

The lyric is as good as devil's turd. Okay, that's a lil bit harsh. But it's just really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really bad.

Artwork is not offensive, IMO, but then again it is not appealing as well.

Fashion statement is great. It's just so.... normal. Much less gimmick. I like it. Especially in the era of the gagas and keshas. It's just do refreshing to find something that is so ordinary. And I'm not being sarcastic.