Lyrics discussion (and poll)

rafaelchampion

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyrics:

Somewhere up above the stars the wreckage of a universe floats past

Somewhere up above my heart a tiny little seed is sown, a government is overthrown, who knows when we'll be coming home at last

And I heard it on the radio that one day we'll be living in the stars

And I heard it on a TV show that somewhere up above and in my heart

They'll be tearing us apart, maybe moving us to mars

Past the satellites and stars, maybe moving us to mars

We won't see the earth again in these seconds just remain unchanged

8 to 9, 9 to 10

We are meeting for the first time

We might never meet again you and me

We are meeting for the first time can't you see

Singing this space symphony

They'll be tearing us apart, moving us to mars, past the satellites and stars

They're moving us to mars

:escaping:

For some reason this song reminds me of Square one.

Please, Don't let it be another ETIAW.

This looks like a Muse song, and not in a good way. I mean the lyrics are weird :uhoh:

Are there any lyrics you consider as good?

BTW: I love the way they give us the impression of this situation... I love it when Lyrics create pictures of situations in your brain and you can connect these situations with the music.

As CM said...there is a secret story about a young couple, who are outsiders...really like that kind of litte background history.

This looks like a Muse song, and not in a good way. I mean the lyrics are weird :uhoh:

So now you're claiming that they are ripping off Muse...

I wonder what's next...

Maybe U2 did LP5 and thought it was not good and gave it to Coldplay as a pity gift.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Can't help but think of a few songs on X&Y (Speed of Sound, White Shadows, Square One). Similar lyrics. Probably a bit of spacey synth to help guide the song like those LP3 songs.

Charlie Brown and Us Against The World still has the most cracking lyrics though.

Lyrics:

Somewhere up above the stars the wreckage of a universe floats past

Somewhere up above my heart a tiny little seed is sown, a government is overthrown, who knows when we'll be coming home at last

And I heard it on the radio that one day we'll be living in the stars

And I heard it on a TV show that somewhere up above and in my heart

They'll be tearing us apart, maybe moving us to mars

Past the satellites and stars, maybe moving us to mars

We won't see the earth again in these seconds just remain unchanged

8 to 9, 9 to 10

We might never meet again you and me

We are meeting for the first time can't you see

Singing this space symphony

They'll be tearing us apart, moving us to mars, past the satellites and stars

They're moving us to mars

^This is one of the best CP lyrics I've ever seen.

I wonder what's next...

Maybe U2 did LP5 and thought it was not good and gave it to Coldplay as a pity gift.

Hey, she's only expressing her opinion, don't take it so personally.

if you mean new song lyrics, no

old songs lyrics yeah some lyrics are extremely good.

Interesting. Because everytime I read your postings you are pissed off, nerved, depressed .......... so it's surprising that they are ANY lyrics or songs of Coldplay you like. But thats my impression.

I wonder what's next...

I just said that considering the lyrics it looks like a muse song, nothing more, what's the big deal about it?

I'm not claiming they're ripping off anyone, I don't get why you get so dramatic about it.

Interesting. Because everytime I read your postings you are pissed off, nerved, depressed .......... so it's surprising that they are ANY lyrics or songs of Coldplay you like. But thats my impression.

:facepalm:

This is for you and the other kid: I don't get why you take opinions so personal, I've said million times good things about them because you know what? I really like them.

Anyway, you're no one to judge really because clearly you've read just LP5 era posts and well, since LP5 era lyrics are not good of course I won't post good opinions about that. Anyway, it seems you missed my posts about me liking some of the songs but well, blind fans only care about negative opinions.

The lyrics make think of Paul Verhoeven's Total Recall!

OMG ARE YOU SAYING THEY'RE RIPPING OFF PAUL VERHOEVEN?????????!!!!!!1111

Yeah kids, that's how dumb you look when you get so defensive

But you really like Muse too! Are you saying they're copying them?! :angry:

Of course! :lol: I'm sure Chris will wear shiny clothes and weird led glasses for next tour! And he will develop a weird bromance with Jonny... OH WAIT! :lol:

And Jonny will have a leopard print obsession :awesome:

edit: great minds think alike! :P

Of course! :lol: I'm sure Chris will wear shiny clothes and weird led glasses for next tour! And he will develop a weird bromance with Jonny... OH WAIT! :lol:

And Jonny will have a leopard print obsession :awesome:

edit: great minds think alike! :P

Jonny wearing leopard print...

not a bad idea...

:facepalm:

This is for you and the other kid: I don't get why you take opinions so personal, I've said million times good things about them because you know what? I really like them.

Anyway, you're no one to judge really because clearly you've read just LP5 era posts and well, since LP5 era lyrics are not good of course I won't post good opinions about that. Anyway, it seems you missed my posts about me liking some of the songs but well, blind fans only care about negative opinions.

Really, your not so important for me that I take your opinion personal.

I said, its just my IMPRESSION of you and I asked you a serious question... that was all. So, now I have to say: Why you are so personal if someone asks you a question?

Surely, the kid of us three is you with regard to your silly joke above...

Really, your not so important for me that I take your opinion personal.

I said, its just my IMPRESSION of you and I asked you a serious question... that was all. So, now I have to say: Why you are so personal if someone asks you a question?

Surely, the kid of us three is you with regard to your silly joke above...

I posted my opinion, you and the other guy jumped to criticize me "ARE YOU CLAIMING THIS OR THAT" "YOU'RE DEPRESSED" bla bla bla, of course I'll reply. If you don't care about me then why you reply to all my posts and ask my opinion about things? It doesn't make sense.

And I don't see the problem with posting a joke, I didn't know this place was so serious.

I posted my opinion, you and the other guy jumped to criticize me "ARE YOU CLAIMING THIS OR THAT" "YOU'RE DEPRESSED" bla bla bla, of course I'll reply. If you don't care about me then why you reply to all my posts and ask my opinion about things? It doesn't make sense.

And I don't see the problem with posting a joke, I didn't know this place was so serious.

Read carefully. I wrote: You are not SO important for me to take your opinion personal and I wasn't personal. Please, if you write you just wrote your opinion than you have to accept that others also say, they just wrote their opinion.

And trust me, I said also: Its just my impression of you. For sure, I was so relaxed in this moment I wrote that posting, so please don't tell me I was personal...

*Off.

PS: The joke was against a certain user, you knwo that and this implies the question who is actually the kid of us. Its not a good style to insult other users... but maybe this is a matter of personal taste.

EDIT: And I said, that your posting are depressed... not yourself. This is a big difference.