✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Lyrics discussion (and poll)

rafaelchampion

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:stunned: I hadn't thought of that! If that's the case, I hope they play it like the ending of Clocks during the Twisted Logic tour. That would be epic! :dance:

Maybe this is the song which getting faster and faster...? It begins slow and then the end is speedy!

And maybe also the tune getting louder?

am i the only one not really liking the lyrics!? :confused:

i just dont really like the idea of a techno alien love story album, it seems like it could go very bad.

could someone please change my mind for me and tell me the good side of this because i really want to like these lyrics! :D

am i the only one not really liking the lyrics!? :confused:

i just dont really like the idea of a techno alien love story album, it seems like it could go very bad.

could someone please change my mind for me and tell me the good side of this because i really want to like these lyrics! :D

Sure thing ;)

This song in particular, I think, is about two people that are being turned out of their home--maybe because of a war? They are forced to relocate as refugees to a strange new place (Mars) in order to survive.

The lines 'wreckage of a universe' 'a government is overthrown / who knows when we'll be coming home at last' are a reference to a country that is torn apart by war/rebellion. Maybe one of the pair is a soldier and the other is a refugee?

'And I heard it on a radio we'll be living in the stars' --> They heard via an emergency radio broadcast that people need to evacuate and move to a safe place (another country, or, in this case, planet)

'We won't see the earth again in these seconds just remain unchanged' --> They are afraid that they'll never see their homes again. 'we are meeting for the first time' --> They are so concerned for each other's safety that they've forgotten all of their previous disputes and fights and it seems as if they've just met because of this.

~

This meaning also coincides with the movie 'Moving to Mars' which was directed by Matt Whitecrest (coincidence? Probably not :P )

So maybe this album won't be so much a 'techno alien love story' but a story of war/rebellion and the effect it has on not only the soldiers, but the refugees and civilians and society in general. Based on some of the other songs we've heard (Major Minus), it may also explore the psychological effects that the war has on people. I think of it as Viva, only exploring what goes on under the surface instead of the actual war/battle/rebellion/uprising in itself.

. . .

Did it work? :awesome:

Oh . . . sorry for the monster of a post :/

^^^

I am trying to Decifer it when I first read the lyrics. I thinkt the background could be a "disaster" [could be wars - as Mars in astrology or myths standing for wars] threatens a first union etc. I wonder whether there is a chance to avoid this "earth disintegration" if we know the exact date/time? I also think, together with the other two songs - should have a bigger/clear picture. But still confused with the following - seems like the most important clue - the numbers:

"We won't see the earth again in these seconds

just remain unchanged 8 to 9, 9 to 10 ===> meaning "9"?

we are meeting for the first time

we might never meet again you and me

we are meeting for the first time can't you see

76543 we are meeting for the first time ===> would 76543 be divided by a number like 365 days/year etc.

"

The numbers seem like Code embedded in the context for the Date/Time? As someone said, 21 is another clue as well. Maybe it is about an anniversary for a historical event?

Like to see how the whole picture can be revealed gradually. So far, the theme of LP5 is quite heavy...no less than Viva La Vida

Coldplay - Moving To Mars (lyrics)

Coldplay - Moving To Mars

Somewhere up above the stars

The wreckage of a universe floats past

Somewhere up above my heart

A tiny little seed is sown

A government is overthrown

Who knows when we'll be coming home at last?

And I heard it on the radio that

One day we'll be living in the stars

And I heard it on a TV show that

Somewhere up above and in my heart

They'll be tearing us apart

Maybe moving us to Mars

We won't see the earth again

In these seconds just remain unchanged

8 to 9, 9 to 10

We are meeting for the first time

We might never meet again

You and me

We are meeting for the first time, can't you see?

7, 6, 5, 4, 3

We are meeting for the first time

Singing this space symphony

They'll be tearing us apart

Maybe moving us to Mars

Past the satellites and stars

Maybe moving us to Mars

Beautiful lyrics, fitting with the theme of Major Minus. I love them, even though I find the theme a tad bit depressing, but then re-appreciates ETIAW all over again as it sheds hope and light to an otherwise very dark subject matter...

One of my favorite Coldplay songs. Of all. It sound unique, familiar and part of me. I don't know and can't explain why.

About the lyrics, I believe it fits with both MM AND ETIAW. The difference is on the approach. The first sounds like a pursuiting, some of a dictature (is this right? damn not-my-native-language thing :angry:) that's being established.

On the other hand, ETIAW is a celebration song. Like saying "We're going to win! And, even if we lose, WE'LL KEEP SINGING!!". And, even though the lyrics are a little silly in general, I like and respect ETIAW. Because they fulfill the meaning they're intended to.

And then comes this FREAKING MASTERPIECE. This... Monument. MTM. That reminds me of Wall-E. Anyway.

It fits the other two, like a following to MM. They escaped, at last! So now they have to fit in their new place (Mars here being a parallel to weird-and-unknown place), until they can go back to their real home.

Beautifully related, beautifully played.

That's what Coldplay's about.

^ THAT'S what I think of when I hear Moving to Mars--Wall-E! :freak:

I could not think of what that song reminded me of, and that's it! :dance:

It's just what I thought! The planet all destroyed, and Wall-E singing that to Eva... :/ LOL