✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

If MTM remains only a b-side, where does it rank among your favorites?

oldmuckers

I'm going to operate under the assumption that all of Prospekt's March is off limits, as it was an EP anchored entirely by new music - not a single EP where there's a single and 2 or 3 extra new songs. Those I would consider b-sides.

As MTM seems like it will fit that description, I would have to say that this is the best b-side I've ever heard Coldplay do. In my mind, even if I really enjoyed other b-sides of theirs, I always understood why they didn't make the album. And believe me, I have LOVED b-sides more than album songs. I just always was like, oh yeah this doesn't really fit or this is a bit different.

But with MTM, everything about the production values just seems to me like a standout song on an album. It's honestly one of the most complex songs I've heard Coldplay make structurally, and they just hit it out of the park for me. The song is as perfect as it could be in my mind.

So ranked...number 1.

I love love love love love this song. I was a rather sad coldplay fan for some time now, until I heard this song.... It's almost as good as my all time fav. b-side.. almost.

1. Easy to Please (maybe i'm biased but this song totally kills me)

2. Moving to Mars

3. I ran away

4. Gravity

5. Only superstition