✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MTM could work as an album closer?

JaykSzarii

The distorted noises at the end really say "merge into beginning of first track ala Pink Floyd's The Wall", at least to me. They did something similar with the synths at the beginning of LiT and the end of The Escapist on VLVODAAHF. Odds are it'll remain an EP release, but I think it would work pretty well on the album. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt Moving To Mars will actually be on the record. I really don't believe they would release three LP feature songs on one EP. It could happen, but I really - really - doubt it.

My thoughts also, although I could definitely see a similar song as a closer--just look at LifL, Amsterdam, Til Kingdom Come, and DaaHF / The Escapist. They were all fairly quiet, gentle songs.

I don't actually think that one of the EP songs will be on the album, if I could chose one, I would bet for Major Minus.

Plus, I guess MTM is not a so-good album closer. I am not saying I don't like the song, but I think the album's level is much bigger than MTM, and I also think this is one of the songs that Phil said Chris was "still writing"...

I'm not saying anything about the quality of ETIAW, but I'd prefer something of its style to close the album on a happy note. MTM feels like a very predictable closer.

Yeah, I would feel like it would be a little too predictable, plus it looks like they're trying to change up their tactics and style, so they may use ETIAW. While I love MTM, I hope it stays in the EP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not gonna be on MX but I don't mind because I already have it and played it like 300 times.

MTM will now enter the league of Underrated Masterpieces by Coldplay (See you soon, how you see the world, Life is for Living, Proof , Animals etc...) A great group if you ask me.

• 2 weeks later...