✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Copa America 2011

Jony

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that was crazy!! After the match finished I went celebrating and the streets were full of people and a few hours later we went to the airport to welcome the team and then a huge convoy after the team's bus from the airport to the Centenario stadium to make a big welcome to the boys!! The bus arrived 3 am at the stadium and the whole city was still celebrating! It was awesome! thousands and thousands of people in the streets with a very cold weather and very late at night having fun and celebrating while they waited to see the players and the cup!!

I arrived home at 4 am, but i'm very happy because I managed to see almost all the players! :D Of course I didn't go to school today! :lol: I just woke up.. but it was worth it!

Uruguay Campeón de América!!!!!!

:vuvuzela:

Uruguay ftw. I rooted for them on the World Cup last year (that's what a Belgian's got to do :\)

Really? You rooted for us? Everyone here was against us because they thought we were cheating when Suarez catched the ball with his hands. :P

Why is it something that a belgian got to do?

Gracias !!

Mucho ruido ahí? Estas cerca del obelisco ?

no, no estoy cerca del obelisco :)

Lo q si tengo vecinos uruguayos, y se ve q ayer fueron a la cancha, como 3 o 4 horas despues del partido, llegaron y se los escuchaba q gritaban "dale campeon dale campeon" :laugh3:

Why is it something that a belgian got to do?

Sadly because our national team didn't qualify for a big tournament (World Cup/ European Cup) since 2002. So what we do is choose another team to support at world cups and that. Usually the team that plays the most beautiful football. My favourites last year were usually Latin American, especially Chile, because of their attacking attitude. And Uruguay near the closing stages.

Most of us Belgians supported Spain in the final, we're glad they won because we can laugh at the Dutch now and the world is saved from an orange invasion... :laugh3:

And I also think this is really funny, not sure if it offends anyone though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KwlRKg-WgU]‪The Simpsons Uruguay‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Sadly because our national team didn't qualify for a big tournament (World Cup/ European Cup) since 2002. So what we do is choose another team to support at world cups and that. Usually the team that plays the most beautiful football. My favourites last year were usually Latin American, especially Chile, because of their attacking attitude. And Uruguay near the closing stages.

Most of us Belgians supported Spain in the final, we're glad they won because we can laugh at the Dutch now and the world is saved from an orange invasion... :laugh3:

And I also think this is really funny, not sure if it offends anyone though:

‪The Simpsons Uruguay‬‏ - YouTube

Oh I see, well before 2010 Uruguay didn't qualify for a world cup since 2002 neither. I think all of the good things that are happening to every national football team of Uruguay (U-17, U-20, and the main team) is because of Tabarez, he has a great way to see the things. That's maybe because he was a teacher before being trainer and he thinks education is the main thing that players need to be on the team.

Here in Uruguay we all say that the final should have been Uruguay - Germany. Not because Uruguay was playing, just because that match was way more entertaining than the actual final :P But I was supporting Spain too. :D

I like the Simpsons, not a big fan of them but I watch them sometimes. The video is really funny and it doesn't offend us actually, this is the way the Simpsons are, always making fun of somebody or something :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...