✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Love the new songs so far but was expecting...

IneedYou23

...some songs in the structure of songs like Glass Of Water,Death And All His Friends,Christmas Lights,and even 42.Although I dont know very much about song structure it seemed like they were messing with the whole time signature thing.And I really like what they have done with Glass Of Water and Death And All His Friends.Some of the new songs seem to have a more pop beat to them.Although Moving To Mars is a little different.I guess I was expecting a drastic change.Maybe there is one or two songs like that.Nonetheless I still love the new songs!!

I'd argue Moving to Mars has the same structure as Christmas Lights only because it starts with a quiet piano / low-voice, has a buildup, etc, with a soaring guitar line; also a little DAAHF-esque structure.

Either way, I like what's happening so far, and I'm sure you'll get what you're looking for on LP5.

I like how they are messing around with their structures. However I believe that there is a bigger reason to it all.

I remember them saying they were doing an album that has a story to it. It makes me think that the album is structured more like a song would be.

One song acts as a verse, next song is the second verse third chorus, fourth verse, fifth chorus, sixth bridge. Sorta like that.

For example, Charlie Brown hasno real chorus, its the guitar part, but lyrically and feel wise nothing there to be seen. Where if you look at MX/Hurts Like Heaven it feels like one long chorus. Major minus is another chorus type song.

The only normal song that could hit the album is Wedding Bells.

I guess what I'm trying to say is LP5 is a concept album kind of like The Wall. They way the songs are structured and the rumored 85 minute length give me that impression.